User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

I’m getting back into it after having spent last year perfecting my imitation of a beached whale. Trying body weights this time around, I find the concept of pound for pound interesting and possibly highly motivating. Unfortunately the program I am using isn't increased incrementally, so I don't have the constant push factor. If any one has any links to body weight or pound for pound articles feel free to send them my way. I'll come back later with a detailed summation of goals.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”
    Likes kyuuei, INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Tomorrow is day 14. I feel so in tune with my work out routine now, I was actually looking forward to it after having had a 20 hour day. Boom, done son.

Tomorrow I also add to the list o-stuff to do is buying some fresh and frozen produce to turn into soups, vegetable noodles, sauces, salads, sides, and starch replacements. I know Easter I'm gonna pig out.. but I thought it'd be cool to bring some carrot ginger soup too. Tasty, low-fat, low sugar soup that's not fussy.. a light, satisfying appetizer.

Good night everyone. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    I’m getting back into it after having spent last year perfecting my imitation of a beached whale. Trying body weights this time around, I find the concept of pound for pound interesting and possibly highly motivating. Unfortunately the program I am using isn't increased incrementally, so I don't have the constant push factor. If any one has any links to body weight or pound for pound articles feel free to send them my way. I'll come back later with a detailed summation of goals.
    I had to look up what pound for pound was.. but it seems like a type of circuit interval training technique. I'm generally a fan of those. But really there isn't much being said about it by that name.. does it go by any other names?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I had to look up what pound for pound was.. but it seems like a type of circuit interval training technique. I'm generally a fan of those. But really there isn't much being said about it by that name.. does it go by any other names?
    Unfortunately I don’t. It was mentioned in a boxing/mma video I saw awhile ago but forgot to bookmark. I think the underlining principle is to be as proportionally strong as possible, no excess mass. If you have any circuit interval training technique links I would certainly appreciate those.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t. It was mentioned in a boxing/mma video I saw awhile ago but forgot to bookmark. I think the underlining principle is to be as proportionally strong as possible, no excess mass. If you have any circuit interval training technique links I would certainly appreciate those.
    Oh tons somewhere. I do appreciate the BiFit channel on youtube as well.. Actually, I rather like the P90X systems, I think they do a great job of balancing strength with trying to create show-offy glamour muscles, despite the silly plug ins for beach body sprinkled in there. They combine bodyweight work outs with weight lifting, and I think the pace is right. P90X3 is a biiit too fast for building muscle for me vs just toning up, but the original and the 2nd level are both solid. I got tired of juggling the CDs and DVDs and just pirated the stuff so I could pull it up on the computer.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Dr Mobius liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Ugh, I feel like a slug this week. It was the kids' spring break so I was off my routine. Also, my daughter was gone for most of it and I didn't feel like I could leave my son at home alone to work at the gym. But I'm not beating myself up. One week is a small snapshot in an otherwise decent picture. Progress, not perfection. And for me, not giving up because I wasn't perfect for one week (or even one day!) is huge progress.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Pow Pow! Day 15 is DONE and I am officially halfway through my 30 day challenges! Take that, crushing sleepiness!

.. Actually I'm just pretty sleepy from being sedated and over fed. It's easter weekend, what do you expect, eh? Luckily, I did get some really cool foods out of it.. so for the next three days it's carrot ginger soup and deviled easter eggs for breakfast with creamed cheese salmon dip on top, ham-and-egg salad sandwiches chock full of greens and a cup of gumbo for lunch (except the first day.. there's a luncheon I'm attending with free food that's probably awful for me, and free trumps everything), and whatever dinner is that day + a salad and a hot, steamed veggie. And of course chocolate for snacks because.. Easter. Hahahaha.

Likes LonestarCowgirl, INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

kyuuei, Congratulations!

MBTI
    INTJ

I fell out of my routine for 2 weeks, but I did my Sunday morning workout today.
    And I did my ab crunches every morning this past week.
    Now I just got to add another day of my workout... get back to twice a week.
    3 times was too much.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Did I finish my day 24?! Did I fail?!.. <-- my thoughts exactly today. Today was the 'active recovery' day, and it was sun salutations .. 15 of them.. while saying out loud affirmations each and every time. Not really my cup of tea.. and I had yoga after it.. and I was so tired.. I did like 7 sun salutations in total, but I just lacked the patience for the rest. The stopping so long between each and every one, and the affirmations were making me want to roll my eyes. Oh, also, I'm sick on top of that, which makes everything seem more annoying. The sun salutations are not impossible to do, they're rather easy.. and they're time consuming. I did all of my yoga, and it was so comforting.. I wish it was all like that. But as I am resting here, thinking 'does 8 sun salutations being missed negate all of the work I've done all this time?' I haven't missed a single day except the 3rd day, and I have diligently stuck to the routine this whole time.

.. But I feel good, I don't think those 8 sun salutations are going to make or break my health, I think I did the ones I did adequately, and that this was a good rest day that I genuinely needed while being miserably sick and overwhelmed with paperwork the day before my birthday. I'll call it a victory.

Likes Ivy liked this post

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Oh, been doin good on exercise.

Not as good on food.

No juicing.

Good on water.

2 outta 4 ain't bad right?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12