User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Suupperrrrr proud of my nameless friend who took a picture of her progress and current body.

Dear friend:
    You've come a long way, with a long more way to go. I think you look great, and you should be tremendously proud of yourself. All those ladies giving you hippy-happy comments of encouragement are totally right. People need to see you and get used to the idea that the journey is far more important than the looks and end results.. Plus I think most people who aren't heavy/struggle with weight luck out with genes and are just plain lazy and it catches up with them later in life and they cannot handle the emotional trauma that befalls them when that happens. Skinny people have health problems too. You're awesome.
    - Kyu
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Had a bad week. Was supposed to be in Florida this morning, but my father went to the hospital, so I am going next week instead.
    It's just as well, this morning I discovered a tree broke and is precariously leaning toward my house. Getting estimates. Hoping someone can cut it down in the next couple of days.
    I will do my exercise program tomorrow morning.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Sorry about the run of bad luck.

As for me, physical therapy like crazy today, and a new work out routine to get my body fired up. I think I'll eventually lean back towards P90X, X2 and 30 day shred materials, but for now I think 15 minutes a day 30 day challenge + 30 days of yoga + physical therapy each day and running and/or swimming when the weather calls for it + archery practice once a week is pleeenty of material to go with.

I've gotten astronomically weak throughout the past year and a half.. I'm breaking the trend this year I said, and I aim to do just that.

I cooked some bone broth over the past 48 hours in a slow cooker. I'm excited to turn it into a chicken and dumpling soup and lentil gravy.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Did my exercise program this morning... was proud of myself for that.
    Likes kyuuei, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Hell Yeah!

It feels good moving around again, even though I did it dog tired and inches away from going to sleep.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Yet again, squeaking work outs in at pumpkin hour but I got them done! 4/5 days down. I skipped one of the days because I was so exhausted from work I couldn't hardly move, but I didn't skip the day, just continued the challenges where I left off after. I like that concept better. BR 30 day challenge, and 30 days of Yoga, going strong. Physical therapy? Clearly is the least interesting to me.. I've done a pitiful 1 time since my doctor's appointment. I need to do it though. I've gotta make room for it. I think maybe I'll cut the exercises in half... do half one day, half the other day, because it's better than none most days. 1 hour of PT is just sooo long and boring for me. I can't do it. Listening to a podcast helps a little, but then I lose my focus and counts too.

Also, I made the richest thing I've ever made from health-food recipes. I drove all over town today until I finally found the gem I was looking for in the heart of Chinatown - Mori-nu silken firm tofu. No aftertaste, firm but smooth texture. Perfect. Melted guittard 63% dark chocolate chips with coconut milk until a smooth chocolate base, added tofu, cocoa powder, vanilla extract I made myself, 2 tbsp of vanilla bean curd for a sweetener (though I'm now convinced it doesn't need one at all), 2 tbsp of coconut milk, and the 1 1/3 cups of chocolate chips melted all into the blender. Baked a pie crust (I wanted a whole wheat one, but I got lazy and just bought one) and put the whole thing together and tossed it in the fridge. It was the perfect consistency. Topped with coconut whipped cream from so delicious. It's too rich to eat a whole piece, I ended up cutting the piece in half. 200 calories for such a rich taste. Ridic.

Likes Ivy, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Week 1 of 4 is officially knocked out! My last day at that particular hospital, and I just completed day 8 of both Betty Rocker and 30 days of yoga challenges. <3 I'm well on my way to knocking out all 30 days.

Today was particularly challenging.. lots of hip stretches today for long periods of time, particularly the grok squat which my hips absolutely hate for more than 10 seconds. I had to try really really hard today, but I made it through somehow. They're a little sore after, but all I have to do now is sleep so I think it'll be okay. My PT guy says do gentle stretching.. but I've been gentle for over a year and it didn't get me anywhere. I think I'm just built for pushing myself.. physically and all.

Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Hi. I was away on vacation.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hi. I was away on vacation.
    Welcome back!

Food is still free-is-best for me right now, it's been a complete vegetable desert.. I think this week somehow I'm going to take time to make some vegetable soups to eat because I can't handle this... non-vegetable meals multiple days in a row. My stomach's absolutely wrecked. Unfortunately people hand out Jason's Deli sandwiches for free and not salads so... you get what you get.

Day 12 is today, going strong despite 12 hours of clinicals and 3 hours of commuting on some of these days multiple times in a row!

Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    I'd like to participate, but don't yet have a plan written up. Be back sometime in the next week.
    LOL, I never did get back to the thread with a plan. But I have been following one since late December and am feeling better results than I expected. Lost some weight I didn't want, gained a little that I did, watching calories. But most importantly to me, am noticeably getting stronger. I wondered in the beginning if doing such for my body would help me feel stronger in the mind as well.

Mainly, I like to lift weights and walk long distances for exercise. I've done both regularly in the past, but nowhere near as organized as I've been making an effort to be about it right now. I have a sedentary job, but living alone mitigates that when it comes to finding time to work out...as that situation may not last forever, best to wring what I can out of this space and time.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Ivy liked this post