User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My job is so sedentary. This is a huge roadblock for me in making lasting habits. Occasionally I look at walking desks online and fantasize about getting one, but there's no room in my current house. (Right now my desk is the sofa.) Earlier this week I had an idea- get something that can attach to a treadmill at the gym and just take my shit over there a few hours a day. My Surf Shelf arrived in the mail today, and I plan to start using it tomorrow.

Amazon.com : SurfShelf Treadmill Desk: Laptop and iPad Holder : Exercise Treadmills : Sports & Outdoors

Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^PS, that's definitely not me.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ^PS, that's definitely not me.
    Not yet!

The laptop holder for the treadmill is a must have! I have one too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's not even really my "goal" physique. I'm going for "can break you in half."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Jumped up to 128 lbs. I'm pretty happy about that, except I know it isn't the weight I want to carry. It's all just fat. Still, i'll take the confidence boost.

I've been browsing Low Sodium girl's stuff (Sodium Girl — adventures in a sodium-free life) trying to put together meal plans for my father. He doesn't seem to understand sugar and salt are hidden in EVERYTHING--and he shouldn't be having either. Luckily many things low sugar recipe-wise tend to be low salt as well.. I see he's trying very hard, and I'm super proud of him for just trying to cut back on the sweets.

Meanwhile, I'm no longer struggling to get the calories I need in, so I'm happy about that, I've hit over my marks 5 days in a row.. Unfortunately, mostly due to eating to stay awake and alert while studying, which has explained the weight gain.. and none of it was particularly 'healthy' which I nearly always equate to 'how many vegetables are in the dish'. Lots of protein, and fat, and fruit, and healthy carbs but no vegetables always makes me feel more sluggish and blah. I need some vegetable soups and some salad dressings to pick me up from my veggie slump.
    Last edited by kyuuei; 03-13-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't check in last Sunday.
    I didn't exercise at all during the week while my son was home.
    I did my ab crunches every morning and I tried planking on a few mornings.
    I did exercise Sunday morning... so once out of 2-3 times that I should have.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I started physical therapy again officially last week, and went this week as well. They think my back is causing my hip problems. :/ Boooo.. But I've got to get some equipment to help me do some of the therapies they want me to complete every day. It's a laundry list @_@

- Legs up propped against a wall to start with for 30 seconds 3-4 times. Then let them rest a moment.
    - Warm up hips with heating pads
    - Leg swings 10 on each leg 2x
    - Grok squats 30 seconds 2-3x
    - Pigeon pose 30 seconds 2-3x
    - Leg-knee stretches 2-3x each leg
    - Bridge pose 5-10 seconds 10 reps 2-3x
    - Spine stretch on knees (Cat-cow poses) 4-5x holding for 3-4 seconds each
    - Spine stretch on back (crossing the bent leg over) 10-20 seconds 2x each
    - Hydrants 10x each leg
    - Hip adduction (squeezing a ball between my knees) 10 seconds 10 reps 2-3x
    - Clamshells (with rubber band resistance) 5 seconds 10 reps 2-3x
    - Hip obliques on wall 30 seconds 5x each
    - Hamstring supine stretch (with stretch band) 30 seconds 5x each
    - Gluteal stretch (with ball.. but I don't have one) 30 seconds 5x each
    - Foam roller and tennis ball rolling on back/spine, IT band, and hamstrings after all of that.

.... That about sums it up for 'things I need to do to fix my hips'. :/ They really didn't appreciate my "Ain't nobody got time fo that!" joke either.

I don't really like this list, and I have none of the equipment for it yet.. I'm going to make a foam roller out of PVC pipe, duct tape, and insulation.. because those foam rollers are like $30 alone! I also have a device made for thigh-master-work but I can use it to squeeze my knees too, and I have the bands.. so I just need to find a clearance fitness ball and figure out where to store that sucker in my room lol. I wanted one anyways.

I also got some sole inserts for free, thankful for that. They do feel really good in my shoes, but I worry sometimes that maybe my old inserts are what caused my arches to be weak in the first place...

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This week has been so awesome. I walked while working for two to three hours every workday but Wednesday. On Tuesday, after walking I got in the pool on my lunch hour and did some stretching and easy swimming. The difference in how I feel is remarkable- I feel more awake, alert, just better. I'm definitely keeping this up.

Edited to add: my steps totals this week have all been over 10K- a few times I went over 15K.
    Likes kyuuei, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I'm hoping to regain my endurance. When I peaked, I used to be able to do 10 miles.

I have 38 inch thighs, 15 inch calves and 13 inch arms. I've been lifting weights for about a year.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I have 38 inch jelly, 15 inch frowny-faces, and 13 inch trails of envy tears. I've been reading your post for like 2 seconds.