User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Day 20: Walked a LOT around town. Wasn't sore the next day but really felt it when I got home.

Day 21: Was going to ride my new hand-me-down bike, but it turned out the seat was rusted in place and even though I had WD-40, I didn't have any wrenches that were the right size. Now I need to buy wrenches -- and also a helmet! -- and then maybe I'll get a chance to ride around town.

Day 22: Was going to go to kung fu for the first time, but then found out, after last-minute Googling to make sure I was prepared, that I needed to "book my first lesson"... which I hadn't done. So now I have to book something.
    Ended up doing a mishmash of stuff from fitloop.co -- not including handstand things or anything that involved a bar. Tried to use my iron bed frame but it started to move.

Tonight (Day 23) I plan on FINALLY making routines: one mostly cardio and one mostly bodyweight, so I can try to do something 5-7 days per week. Things will change when I finally start kung fu, but at least I'll have these routines to fall back on later, if/when I can't go, or when I have off days.
    Last edited by EJCC; 07-22-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

This thread was locked for a bit, to use as a test thread re: the disappearing posts problem. So while it was being tested, this thread fell off my radar completely

Updates:

- Fixed up my bike and started riding it a bit. Learned VERY quickly that I hate riding it in the city, and hate taking it grocery shopping. Will only ride on bike trails from now on! (Also learned that I really need to get it tuned up, and really need a new seat. Doing that next month, after my paycheck comes in.)

- Finally set an appointment to do kung fu this Saturday -- will see how that goes!

- Have been doing really well with healthier eating and smaller portions, for the most part. Lovin' my new regular work lunch (avocado chicken salad sandwich with a bit of salsa mixed in and some greens on top), and my new regular breakfast (oatmeal peanut butter banana smoothies). Started making fruit/greek yogurt/honey popsicles to have for dessert in the evening, and I really like them. We'll see how I can make the healthy-dessert thing work when the weather gets colder.

I wish I had access to a scale, because I feel like I weigh a little less but have no way to prove it.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    - Fixed up my bike and started riding it a bit. Learned VERY quickly that I hate riding it in the city, and hate taking it grocery shopping. Will only ride on bike trails from now on! (Also learned that I really need to get it tuned up, and really need a new seat. Doing that next month, after my paycheck comes in.)
    If you lived around here I would make a couple of suggestions for the best shops in the area, but I don't think I can be any help as it is. Saddles are tricky because everyone is built different, so what works great for person A or B may not work for you.

Awhile back I got my drive train fixed up. Then a couple weeks ago I had to get my rear wheel trued. I bought 2 new Continental tires, but then ran over something (much more substantial than a thorn, perhaps a piece of metal) that cause a gash in the sidewall, so I just got a new one. And something strange happened to one of my tubes. My best guess is that the unusually large hole was caused by a bit of the tube getting snagged under the rim strip and being punctured by a spoke nipple when I put it back on after patching a normal size hole. So I just bought a couple more tubes. And one of my pedals is partially cracked and will need to be replaced in the near future.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz