• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drop And Give Me 20!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cool, I guess I'm a mesomorph.

From this test:

What is Your Body Type?
Results
Categories

Ectomorph-----30%
Endomorph-----40%
Mesomorph-----80%

The category with the highest percentage is the answer to which body type you possess. Endomorph, Ectomorph or Mesomorph?

The answer depends on how you perceived the questions and how you answered them. Use it as a guide.

While the difference between ectomorphs and endomorphs are quite clear, lines are blurred with some mesomorphs. Poor diets can make mesomorphs think they are endomorph. The main difference between endo and mesomorph is

the way fat tends to distribute in the body – mesomorphs tend to put more fat on one part and less on other parts.
the ease in which mesomorphs build muscle definition – this is only evident when you exercise.
the sensitivity to dietary carbohydrate — endomorphs responds extremely well to low carb diets, and put on quickly when carbs are re-introduced into the diet. This is not so obvious with mesomorphs.

I had been wondering this for a while, but this all makes sense. I always thought I gained and lost weight on pretty much every part of my body, when I've gained and lost weight. But my face, hands, neck, lower arms, and lower legs don't change much. I see muscle tone pretty quickly when I start to exercise. And I've wondered for years why my legs look deceptively muscular, when I'm not actually THAT strong.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Day 6 (yesterday).

Rest day!

Got an app for my workouts (Interval Timer), and am planning to do some bodyweight stuff before I go to bed tonight. Probably won't get a lot in over the weekend because I'll be with my mom and aunt most of the time, but I should at least be able to fit in some modified push-ups and crunches.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Days 7 and 8: Was able to fit a bit of core stuff in, at the end of the day. But only a bit. Not enough to even break a sweat.

Day 9: Walked for almost the entire day and collapsed into bed when I got home.

Still haven't gone to the grocery to get all my new healthier food (including smoothie fixins for the week). Hoping to do that tonight, if my debit card PIN has come in the mail.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Miscellaneous:

- Going to switch out my sweet tooth fix plan, from small candies to small pieces of dark chocolate. Less sugar, more health benefits, and I like chocolate more than I like candy anyway.

- I reeeeally want to go running, but it's going to be too hot today. :( Will probably just do more aerobic stuff at home, indoors.

- Had a smoothie for breakfast this morning (finally!), but didn't drink enough of it, so I cooked an egg when I got to work. Gave up on the smoothie-freezing plan for now, and will freeze the ingredients instead. Stoked to have turkey avocado sandwiches for lunch this week :yesss:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Day 10 (yesterday): Nothing, didn't have time.

Day 11 (today): Added a bit more in -- because this is getting addictive. :yesss:
- 10 squat jumps
- 5 push-ups
- 7 sit-ups
- 10 jumping jacks
- 20 high knees
- 8 Y-T-I
- 5 sit-ups
- 10 leg lifts
- 6 push-ups
- 5 squat jumps
- 15 second plank

Won't have time to exercise tomorrow evening. Wondering if I'll have the discipline to get up early and go for a run, while it's still a reasonable temperature outside.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Day 11: No time.
Day 12 (today): Probably won't have time either.

This is kind of frustrating. Makes me wish I could work out in the morning, but I know from years of experience that planning a morning workout is, for me, planning a nonexistent workout. I just can't do it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Day 15: Mom flew home today, so I finally had time for this. (Fit a teeny bit in over the past few days, but not much.)

Today:
10 sit ups
5 modified push ups
20 bicycle crunches
10 squats
8 Y-T-I
10 sit ups
8 modified push ups
10 lying leg lifts (or whatever you call them)
8 squats
25 bicycle crunches
15-second plank

I love that I can see improvement -- even after a relatively inactive week. :) Excited to keep improving.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Day 16 (yesterday): Nothing -- no time. I was pretty mad about it, too.

Three thoughts:

1) This means I'm starting to rely on the endorphin high that comes from intense exercise. Which is awesome, because that means I'm going to be even more motivated to keep this up.

2) I need to come up with something to do in between bodyweight exercise days. Something indoors (because summers are so hot around here) and aerobic. But I have no idea what it would be. I'll do some Pinteresting about it today as a productive distraction.

3) I also need to remember to fix my bike seat, so I can finally start riding my bike around. Which could be a great off-day thing when the weather's a little less muggy.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
3) I also need to remember to fix my bike seat, so I can finally start riding my bike around. Which could be a great off-day thing when the weather's a little less muggy.
Yesterday I did 13.5 miles in 59:23. I guess that's not too bad for an obese guy on a steel mountain bike in 95 degree heat. :D

A week ago I got a couple of these in 1.9: Continental Traffic Tire at BikeTiresDirect It's kind of weird how quiet they are compared to the old Panaracers.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Day 19: Improvement!!

6 modified push-ups
10 sit-ups
30(? ish) bicycle crunches
12 Y-T-I
10 modified push-ups
16 lying leg lifts
7 sit-ups
20-second plank

:pumpyouup:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Day 20: Walked a LOT around town. Wasn't sore the next day but really felt it when I got home.

Day 21: Was going to ride my new hand-me-down bike, but it turned out the seat was rusted in place and even though I had WD-40, I didn't have any wrenches that were the right size. :( Now I need to buy wrenches -- and also a helmet! -- and then maybe I'll get a chance to ride around town.

Day 22: Was going to go to kung fu for the first time, but then found out, after last-minute Googling to make sure I was prepared, that I needed to "book my first lesson"... which I hadn't done. :( So now I have to book something.
Ended up doing a mishmash of stuff from fitloop.co -- not including handstand things or anything that involved a bar. Tried to use my iron bed frame but it started to move. :doh:

Tonight (Day 23) I plan on FINALLY making routines: one mostly cardio and one mostly bodyweight, so I can try to do something 5-7 days per week. Things will change when I finally start kung fu, but at least I'll have these routines to fall back on later, if/when I can't go, or when I have off days.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread was locked for a bit, to use as a test thread re: the disappearing posts problem. So while it was being tested, this thread fell off my radar completely

Updates:

- Fixed up my bike and started riding it a bit. Learned VERY quickly that I hate riding it in the city, and hate taking it grocery shopping. Will only ride on bike trails from now on! (Also learned that I really need to get it tuned up, and really need a new seat. Doing that next month, after my paycheck comes in.)

- Finally set an appointment to do kung fu this Saturday -- will see how that goes!

- Have been doing really well with healthier eating and smaller portions, for the most part. Lovin' my new regular work lunch (avocado chicken salad sandwich with a bit of salsa mixed in and some greens on top), and my new regular breakfast (oatmeal peanut butter banana smoothies). Started making fruit/greek yogurt/honey popsicles to have for dessert in the evening, and I really like them. We'll see how I can make the healthy-dessert thing work when the weather gets colder.

I wish I had access to a scale, because I feel like I weigh a little less but have no way to prove it.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
- Fixed up my bike and started riding it a bit. Learned VERY quickly that I hate riding it in the city, and hate taking it grocery shopping. Will only ride on bike trails from now on! (Also learned that I really need to get it tuned up, and really need a new seat. Doing that next month, after my paycheck comes in.)
:hifive: If you lived around here I would make a couple of suggestions for the best shops in the area, but I don't think I can be any help as it is. :D Saddles are tricky because everyone is built different, so what works great for person A or B may not work for you.

Awhile back I got my drive train fixed up. Then a couple weeks ago I had to get my rear wheel trued. I bought 2 new Continental tires, but then ran over something (much more substantial than a thorn, perhaps a piece of metal) that cause a gash in the sidewall, so I just got a new one. And something strange happened to one of my tubes. My best guess is that the unusually large hole was caused by a bit of the tube getting snagged under the rim strip and being punctured by a spoke nipple when I put it back on after patching a normal size hole. So I just bought a couple more tubes. And one of my pedals is partially cracked and will need to be replaced in the near future. :fpalm: