User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

how about what if, I eat before I'm really close to passing out?

also now that I know how many calories are in things, I'm torn about eating now. so basically I should have never begun counting calories. Like I made an egg sandwhich for breakfast and I tried to leave ketchup off and just do tomato but it was too dry so i put both on. so I was at 227 before the ketchup after the ketchup i was at 246. and I was going to drink some pineapple juice but drank water because i felt that pineapple juice would be too many calories.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

I counted calories today, and when I was in starbucks I was looking at everything and was like that's too many calories and didn't get anything to eat. since their drinks have sooo many calories already,848 btw and i'm going to bed. I didn't eat healthy at all today, i would feel a little better if I had eaten healthy. so this day was a fail
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Ironically, that's actually a good example of counting calories. That 850 cal drink is nothing but sugar and fat, with little to no nutritional value. So might as well consider that a victory.

And yeah, eating before you pass out would be a good thing! One useful diet trick is to learn how to read your body's hunger cues, and that sounds like a pretty big one for you. (I get jittery and can't concentrate when I start getting really hungry, so that's my sign to grab a bite to eat ASAP.)

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Ironically, that's actually a good example of counting calories. That 850 cal drink is nothing but sugar and fat, with little to no nutritional value. So might as well consider that a victory.

And yeah, eating before you pass out would be a good thing! One useful diet trick is to learn how to read your body's hunger cues, and that sounds like a pretty big one for you. (I get jittery and can't concentrate when I start getting really hungry, so that's my sign to grab a bite to eat ASAP.)
    I know I'm hungry, it's just that I'm afraid that if i eat i'll gain weight, so that's why I don't eat until i absolutly have to, and then i'll eat just enough to not pass out. like I feel guilty for eating bread or cookies after doing the counting calories, which i might or might not be still doing. I took a shower tonight, and i was looking at myself and was thinking I need to lose weight, I'm huge I shouldn't have had that sandwich.

yeah let me clarify the 850 was for everything that day. I think the drink was 240. I got the drink but nothing else.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

I'm allowing myself pizza today. there's an awesome pizza place across the street that has this white pizza with spinach and ricotta that is to die for.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

didn't get pizza, my friend bailed last minute, so I had a small salad instead.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

So yesterday I was at 600 and I was determined to attempt to get a little more but it was 8 so I got up to 964 but I ate too much in a setting and felt like I was gonna puke.

Also my house mate was like you look really good you look skinnier no one here knows I'm going overboard on counting calories
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

I did terrible today, I went to mcdonald's with a friend and consumed more calories than should be legal. so now that I did that I don't want to eat so I'm gonna avoid mcdonald's
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I agree with you that counting cals is not productive for you yet. It does more harm than good if you're obsessing about it. I know for me, I have to get my head right or nothing I do will matter in the long run (OR it'll be more harmful for me than if I did nothing).

So there's a thing called intuitive eating which in my ED group is talked about as an alternative to calorie counting for those of us who get hung up on numbers. You might like giving that a try. http://www.intuitiveeating.com/conte...tuitive-eating

In that same group we are cautioned to count calories ONLY if we can think of foods as value neutral i.e. no "good" or "bad" foods. Food doesn't have a moral value- it's just food. Anything can be a good food if you eat it in moderation and it supports your goals. And we're told that in the beginning of counting calories, it should mainly be a way to make sure we are getting ENOUGH, not restricting. Only when we are mentally and emotionally ready is it recommended to start tracking things and eating to lose weight, and then only if your body actually needs to lose weight, which as far as I know, yours doesn't.

MBTI
    yupp

I want to get down to between 120-115
    In no likes experiment.

that is all