User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Thanks for the summaries, guys! If you haven't posted yours, please do so. According to my OP, those who haven't done so yet have another week to squeeze them in.

(In hindsight, I should have made the participation list every week, but I was worried about my schedule.)

Here's my summary:

I'm continuing to do incrementally better each week. This week, I exercised for longer and at higher intensity than previous weeks. I was also pretty active over the weekend - walking wise. My only ding is that I missed Friday's workout. I've been working out first thing in the morning, and without fail, if I miss that window I don't work out. So I'll have to double my efforts not to miss the morning window.

My diet was good, but not perfect. No sweets all week! I did have a slice of pizza on 3 days, and 2 soft pretzels (which are like 300 - 400 calories if I recall) total. But for now, they are keeping my craving for sweets in check, so it works.

So far I've been losing 1.5-2 pounds each week. I'll find out Monday how I did this week.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

week 3 summary: have stuck to the exercise every weekday, although sometimes it's been brief/rushed. Did ankle exercises every day except missed Fri again. Might up the difficulty a bit for this week, while still letting myself slide by with short workouts on days I'm really not feeling into it. For the week after I'm still planning on adding a diet goal, but still not 100% sure what it will be. I think more of an emphasis on healthy lunches would be a good one, but I'll need to make the goal more concrete than that.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ

I met my goals for the week!

My daughter was here yesterday, so she did the exercise video routine with me!

I am thinking of adding bicep curls before bedtime on Mon-Wed-Fri.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've lost track of when the week starts and ends and where I am in that.

MBTI
    yupp

Not doing the greatest at eating healthy, but I am trying. I've added more fruits and vegetables and took away a lot of carbs. should have never started counting calories, because I've seen how many calories are in food and it makes me want to eat less. Maybe I could catch amnesia. I should be walking more, though I have stuff to do every day next week so that's good.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, it hasn't been the best week I've fit in two kind of week work out sessions, but I'm back at 163 lbs, so that's good. I've been spending more evening time at work, and at the bar, and I suspect I'm a bit sick. The energy levels have not been high.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Okay just for the sake of simplicity I'm going to make my weeks begin on Mondays. Hope that's okay, @Udog. Let me know if that messes up the flow or anything.

So last week was okay. It was super cold here (at least for here- I know it was way colder further North). That made me want to hibernate, which was good and bad I guess.

Dietary stuff- still going well. No binges. This is remarkable for me, to be tracking my diet and not descend into heavy restriction followed by binge, repeat ad fattum. I set my calorie count on MFP to my TDEE and have been eating at a very modest deficit of a few hundred calories under TDEE. It seems to be enough not to trigger disordered thinking. So far, so good. 7/7.

Movin' around- a mixed bag this week. I did manage to get all my steps in every day, but I only did the 7-minute app twice last week. I'm going to split the difference and call that 5/7.

Sleepin' 'n' stuff- very good. I slept over 8 hours every day last week and kept my stress levels low during the day. I'm actually starting to want to go to bed in the 9:00 or 10:00 hour. 11 feels late to me now (and it is, because I get up at 7 so I'd have to fall asleep instantly to get 8 hours- and I don't). This is huge progress for me and might help explain why I haven't been wanting to binge. I don't feel extremely well-rested still so I'm hoping my neurologist will want to follow up with a CPAP sleep study to see if it improves my quality of sleep. The report from my initial sleep study said that I had "mild obstructive sleep apnea" and that at one point for about a minute or two in the night my blood oxygen level was down to 83%. I'm sure that doesn't help. Anyway, 7/7.

Love and marriage- great. My daughter had a cello concert on Saturday that we were all very excited about. It was the first event she had to audition to get into and she did great. Very proud of her. We celebrated afterwards. My son isn't into anything like that yet (he's just 8) but I loved on him this week too by paying attention to what he's interested in and watching his Youtube videos with him and giving him feedback about those. And I washed his fox hat so he can continue wearing it to school without grossing anyone out, which is important to him. A good week to be married, too. We had a night on our own and we made the best of it with dinner out, a movie in, and snuggling. I feel weird giving any more details about the sex part of things since that was one of my goals so I'm going to leave that out of my check-ins out of respect for the life partner. But anyway. I'm calling this week a 6/7 because I didn't connect as much as I'd like with my parents or siblings.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Not doing the greatest at eating healthy, but I am trying. I've added more fruits and vegetables and took away a lot of carbs. should have never started counting calories, because I've seen how many calories are in food and it makes me want to eat less. Maybe I could catch amnesia. I should be walking more, though I have stuff to do every day next week so that's good.
    Where did you get the idea that 1,000 calories was a good goal for eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Okay just for the sake of simplicity I'm going to make my weeks begin on Mondays. Hope that's okay, Udog. Let me know if that messes up the flow or anything.
    I had repped you before I read this. I've been going for Monday-Sunday as a week, personally. Mainly, I'm just keeping track of how many days since the last update. If it's greater than 7 days, I'll Mention ya, if it's greater than 21 I'll remove ya.

And your progress sounds really good, to me! Congrats on sleeping better and feeling more relaxed - that in particular is a huge win.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Where did you get the idea that 1,000 calories was a good goal for eating?

think someone said to me once that if wanted to lose weight 1,000 was a good number but then again they could have said 1500 and I rounded down.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    think someone said to me once that if wanted to lose weight 1,000 was a good number but then again they could have said 1500 and I rounded down.
    1,500 is a much better number.