User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Week 2, I gained 4 pounds to be 166. I think it was done entirely today, as I was 162 3 days ago, manically biked into dehydration yesterday, and then super hydrated myself today and stuffed myself with legumes, nuts berries and all that kind of vegetarian food mass. I'm kind of on schedule with my pushup goal, need more situps.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Here is my second weekly update.

1. Improve eating habits, specifically eating between meals.
    Had one day that was not very good - filled with stress and distractions, and too much nibbling. Unlike last week when I had several days of no eating outside of mealtimes, this week I seemed to eat something between meals, but much less, and less frequently. I suppose that's good. I'm trying to watch when and in what circumstances I eat, so I can break the habit by changing the circumstances, or distracting/otherwise heading off the impulse. So, acceptable but not great.

2. Get more exercise: at least three times each week, in addition to martial arts practice.
    Only 3 times this week, so not as good as last, but still meets the goal, which is 3 times. The main point at least for the first 4-6 weeks is just reinforcing the habit. After that I will focus more on the content of the exercise itself.

3. Weight loss.
    None yet.[/QUOTE]
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, hmm, I missed the summary thing.

Week 1:

Eating the food- 7/7. No binges. Tracked every day.
    Taking the steps- 5/7. Hit 5K steps on 5 days out of 7. A couple of those days I hit 6 or 8K. 10K is much harder than I expected- it's 5 miles, I discovered, and I rarely take that many steps in a day. But I'm hoping to start hitting 10K at least once or twice a week by the end of the challenge.
    Sleeping the sleep- 7/7. Got 8 hours a night all week. Somehow I'm still tired- how long does it take to clear a sleep deficit?
    Love the fam- 5/7. Not enough sexytimes and I fussed at my kids a bit more than I wanted. But I did see my BFF twice that week.

Week 2:

Eating the food: 7/7. No binges, tracked daily. There is something to be said for setting the bar low, folks- success is nice even if the goal isn't amazing.
    Taking the steps: 6/7. Hit 5K steps on 6 days out of 7. Again got some 6K and 8K days in there too. I got the Marathon badge on the Withings HealthMate site for walking the equivalent of a marathon since starting the challenge.
    Sleeping the sleep: 6/7. Stayed up a bit too late one night and paid for it the next day.
    Loving the fam: 6/7. Good week. Helped niece with some application essays and she was so sweet and grateful. Saw extended fam this weekend and helped calm down a budding conflict between brother and niece. Saw mom, loved on her. More sexytimes at home, less yelling at kids.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Thanks for the updates, guys! It's pretty cool to read about other peoples' progress (and even struggles - it's nice to see I'm not alone and inspiring to read you guys work through them).

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Sleeping the sleep- 7/7. Got 8 hours a night all week. Somehow I'm still tired- how long does it take to clear a sleep deficit?

Sleeping the sleep: 6/7. Stayed up a bit too late one night and paid for it the next day.
    Do you feel as if you are catching up on sleep, yet? I've read that you can catch up on a moderate sleep deficit over the weekend, but don't know how long a much longer one would take.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 2 Participation List

Thanks again to those who have posted summaries! So far we've heard from:

Coriolis
    Ivy
    Qlip
    Randomnity
    Udog
    AngelLight2012
    garbage
    kyuuei
    prplchknz
    Urarienev

We still need to hear from a few of you, though:
    @INTJMom
    @highlander
    @Honor
    @Redbone
    @SophiaDeep

Please post a summary of how you guys are doing. There are some great examples above, but it doesn't need to be long. We just want to hear how you are doing. And if you didn't make as much progress as you'd like, that's okay too. We are striving for improvement, not perfection.

As a reminder, I'll post the next participation list Feb 3rd.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The good news is last time I checked, I was three pounds less and that I'm eating more healthy meals and less in general. The bad news is I haven't started working out yet.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Weekly Rate: 8/10

I went way above what I expected this week. I may be revising my goals sometime in the future, cause they're pretty low.

But I've been working out, and eating veggies only when I feel like it....

and I didn't expect to be so gung-ho about it, but it's pretty great

I still can't stop myself from eating fast though. It's a very bad habit for me.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Thanks for the updates, guys! It's pretty cool to read about other peoples' progress (and even struggles - it's nice to see I'm not alone and inspiring to read you guys work through them).

Do you feel as if you are catching up on sleep, yet? I've read that you can catch up on a moderate sleep deficit over the weekend, but don't know how long a much longer one would take.
    It's hard to say. I still feel like I need a nap at midday, and I was hoping to wean myself off of that by sleeping 8+ at night. But I do feel a bit less sleepy during the day, peppy enough to take walks, and I don't feel like I need to eat everything to keep my energy up.

I did also find out that I have mild sleep apnea, and that my blood oxygen level got down to 83% for a few minutes the night of my sleep study. So that's probably affecting my wakefulness. I need to get back with the neurologist and see what she recommends for me. I don't know if mine is severe enough to need CPAP or not.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's hard to say. I still feel like I need a nap at midday, and I was hoping to wean myself off of that by sleeping 8+ at night. But I do feel a bit less sleepy during the day, peppy enough to take walks, and I don't feel like I need to eat everything to keep my energy up.

I did also find out that I have mild sleep apnea, and that my blood oxygen level got down to 83% for a few minutes the night of my sleep study. So that's probably affecting my wakefulness. I need to get back with the neurologist and see what she recommends for me. I don't know if mine is severe enough to need CPAP or not.
    Oh, that definitely could be a factor. Good luck figuring a way to treat it.

Also, experiencing some drowsiness around the 1-3pm time frame is pretty normal. I'm pretty sure people are meant to nap, or at least relax and take it a bit easy, around that time frame.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I finally got a formal dx of EDS/hypermobility syndrome from a geneticist. I needed one to get with a PT...that was done today! I can start to exercise with her next week. I have to call around to see about a membership to a pool as well. I haven't started my hula hoop(ing?) but I have been doing my stretching every morning and evening.

Eating...meh. I bounced back on to a modified ketogenic diet and I'm actually having trouble eating. I'm not hungry eating like this so I may not realize that I need to until very late in the day. Not very healthy.

Soooo...
    1. Call around tomorrow for a pool membership and set it up by the end of the week.
    2. Get my PT appointments set up.
    3. Make a meal schedule.