User Tag List

First 44452535455 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is the first holiday season that I'm enjoying without a sense of dread about how hard it will be to resist goodies and how much I'll binge when I lose my resolve to resist them. It feels amazing to have what I think are normal feelings about food, finally.

I was stuck (or, reframing, "recalibrating") from July to October weight-wise but since I started the 4-month program in late October it seems to be creeping downward again, slowly. Very slowly- like five pounds since I started two months ago, so not the rapid weight loss I used to think was the goal. But I'm pleased. The gym portion is fun- I feel like a badass.
    Likes kyuuei, INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This is the first holiday season that I'm enjoying without a sense of dread about how hard it will be to resist goodies and how much I'll binge when I lose my resolve to resist them. It feels amazing to have what I think are normal feelings about food, finally.

I was stuck (or, reframing, "recalibrating") from July to October weight-wise but since I started the 4-month program in late October it seems to be creeping downward again, slowly. Very slowly- like five pounds since I started two months ago, so not the rapid weight loss I used to think was the goal. But I'm pleased. The gym portion is fun- I feel like a badass.
    Really fun stuff. I like reading about your mental adventures into food.. it makes me happy seeing people positive about eating. It really is one of those things that can be both a necessity and a pleasure while still being healthy and great feeling.

Last year I went all-out on Christmas... beautiful duck dinner at a fancy place in the middle of a classy part of D.C. It was expensive and soooo worth it. I think everyone should enjoy fancy food at least once. This year I don't know exactly what we're doing, but I think we're changing it up and doing Japanese food for Christmas with some fancy sushi rolls.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

YES to fancy food. My husband's department's holiday party is at this restaurant on Friday- I can't wait!

Piedmont Restaurant | Inspired food

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    YES to fancy food. My husband's department's holiday party is at this restaurant on Friday- I can't wait!

Piedmont Restaurant | Inspired food
    Scoreboard Houston for fancy business dinners picking up the bill! I went to a fancy party once for business and I pretty much got to know the food servers on a first name basis I hung out by the food tables so long. (This is also my default for parties.. if you have food, I will be near the food until it is gone or I am uncomfortably full.)

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I missed Thursday's workout, so I did 2 out of 3.
    Today I did my program with ankle weights on, which is a big deal for me
    because a couple of weeks ago I could barely do the standing leg work with NO weights!
    It's harder to keep the routine going when it gets interrupted by schedule changes.

For the last 4 years, I've been getting deep tissue massage for my neck and arm problems.
    It's painful at times and NEVER relaxing.
    Well, Thursday I got a Swedish massage and I haven't been that relaxed in YEARS!
    I am thinking of switching to Swedish massage... I find it much more helpful for de-stressing.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did 2 out of 3 full body workouts again... WITH the ankle weights on.
    I did my 30 ab crunches every day.
    My eating was horrendous over the holidays.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Food wise: I ate an entire juicy Lucy cowboy bacon hamburger on my own in 10 minutes. That pretty much describes my vacation lately.

Exercise wise: I've started stretching and I'm not hesitating to do lots of walking.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hi, is there going to be a 2015 TypeC Health Exercise Challenge Thread?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't think anyone is setting up a new fitness challenge like the one Udog ran in 2014. I could just change the name of this thread to include 2015.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.