User Tag List

First 3435152535455 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@swordpath I just saw that said ninja blender instead of teh nutri-bullet. The ninja has a nutribullet attachment, but I have both. The ninja doesn't grind the smoothies up as good as the nutribullet, so if you want it more smooth and juice-like just run it with a bit more liquid than you normally would and strain with a metal mesh strainer. It'll catch all the stuff that makes it icky to drink and leave you with nice smooth green stuff.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes swordpath liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Been getting tired of eating the same stuff all the time, and I found out about a cool site that will generate meal plans based on calorie and macronutrient targets you give it. Highly recommended!

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

Also recommend Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv. for figuring out what your calorie target should be. I'm aiming for 1800 right now, which is about 500 calories under my TDEE of 2300, though I plan to bump it up a bit if I find myself hungry a lot. Slow is totally fine with me but miserable is not.

I've been done with weight loss for a few weeks now. Blood glucose still good after weight stabilization. My doctor said I don't need to lose anymore weight and that my hypertension nay be essential hypertension.

I think I may pick up regular meditation also. I've gone back to taking BP medication, but only a quarter of what I was taking before.

Now comes the hard part of maintaining the weight loss. For me, this means increasing my activity levels as I transition back to a less restricted diet. I probably should start journaling my food again... this time to make sure I'm getting enough. I might order the p90X thing people have been talking about.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Week 2 of P90X3 lean Down Son!! Raaahhwwrrr!!

Thanksgiving dinner is a great balance of healthy and not-so-healthy foods this year, so everyone can choose their own options. Lots of veggies cooked healthy, potatoes not so healthy and stuffing inbetween with high calorie but fresh wholesome ingredients, fried meat and smoked meat, and wholesome pies and stereotypical store pies.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Checking in for the past week...
    I had company in the house using my workout space, so I ended up not doing my Tuesday or Thursday workout,
    but I did last Sunday and today.
    Also I think I did my ab crunches on only half the days of the week.
    I ate a lot. I hope I didn't gain more than 2 pounds.

MBTI
    INTJ

groan...
    I'm not doing my workout today because my knee isn't well
    and because I have an upset stomach... and I'm a little depressed.
    I did my Tuesday workout on Wednesday because Tuesday was too busy,
    but then I should have done it on Friday, but I didn't.

I did my ab crunches all week.

I need to stop eating too close to bedtime.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Food eating is all fine and well.

Missed about 3 days of working out in total.. Today I'm going to do Dynamix, but Isometrix and Agility both got missed. But it's finals week. I expected it. I'm surprised I only missed two. Also I'm glad I give myself 10 days to complete 7 day workouts, because the schedule is more flexible. I like the idea of being able to flex it more for school.

My sister had her 30 day weigh in.
    225 lbs, up 5 lbs from 220
    .75 inches lost overall from body measurements

She was pretty upset about the weight gain, but I told her that would happen. She doesn't eat enough.. you start trying to amp up your metabolism without adequate calories consistently, your body's going to cling desperately to them. She's going to feel like garbage in 15 days when she starts phase 2 of P90 if she doesn't eat enough now. We're going to work on some healthy snacks she can eat quickly to make up for the calorie deficit.

Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Better week than last week...
    I did my Tuesday and Thursday full body workout and my ab crunches every day.
    However, today I had to quit after the upper body because I had stuff to do,
    and even though I intended to finish later, I didn't.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Finals inevitably messes up my routine no matter what I do to prep for it. So, I did not do any working out since last week. However, Today's a new day, and it also starts a new routine and I'm just going to keep moving forward on it all. I'm lucky that the didactic classes are all finished, meaning my clinical classes miiiight free up my time for spacing and pacing my NCLEX studies and my health routine.

I WAS eating far too few calories this week all week as well. And trying to make up for them last minute all the time doesn't really work either. But! I went grocery shopping, got some mats, and now I'll be chowin' down on oats, and sandwiches, and some vegetable soups and tacos and sushi. Yay!

Some things they don't tell you about what a pain in the ass it is to be well hydrated:
    - You go through a 2 week binge phase. It's almost impossible to drink and drink and not feel full constantly so you have to just chug water two hours before and after meals so that you'll be hungry enough to eat sufficient calories... and you'll pee like crazy, ALL the time, during this phase.
    - Missing a day messes it all up. Lord forbid a month after drinking sufficient water I should revert back for 24 hours to a time I drank maybe half the amount I should. Chapped lips, sores in the mouth, smelly armpit sweat, sore throat when I wake up, nose irritated, the whole nine yards. I felt like garbage!
    - Needing to pee every 2-4 hours (like you're suppose to) is not conducive to .. say.. hiking or wandering around for hours.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Things I did:
    - Chopped wood
    - Scrubbed things

Things I ate:
    - Tons of cheese because it tastes awesome
    - Oatmeal.. s'mores flavored
    - Bacon egg tacos
    - Potato and sausage soup

Likes Ivy liked this post