User Tag List

First 414950515253 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Ugh! I did all my workouts this week except for one upper body because I got a flu shot and my left arm was killing me.
    I'm still doing the knee program.
    I found out this morning that I probably walk with the top of my pelvis tilted too far forward, so now I need to work on tilting it back.
    Fixing Hyperextended Knee Posture - Somastruct
    It's exhausting constantly correcting my posture.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Oyyy boy I completely fell off the bandwagon lately. I really have. We got to week 3, and I was jammin' great, but then grandma died, the family got sick, tests came up, boyfriend came to visit, Halloween, my nephew's birthday, etc. etc. etc. One excuse after another of eating junk and not hauling any junk around to offset it.

I feel the effects in only two weeks of complacency. I'm tired, need naps, my stomach hurts after every meal it seems, and even though most of the things I made for the birthday were homemade, things just aren't right anywhere with me right now. I cooked a pretty healthy breakfast this morning, but after the party I might as well have eaten nothing at all.

Tomorrow is the ren fest, where I will probably have healthier options overall and I'll walk and run all day so that'll help as well. Monday is an exam, and Tuesday I'll be down in the dumps because my boyfriend has to go home. So I hope Tuesday night or Wednesday I'll be off to a running start.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

As they used to say in the 70s...
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
    :-)
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my 3 days of exercise this week.
    Sometimes it's hard to make myself do it.
    But I want to be strong and healthy... so that's my motivator.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

3 days of P90X3 Down baby! And my sister's sticking with P90 VERY well despite work. I think it's a good system she can keep up with, old as it may be, that's okay with me! She still SUCKS at her diet, but we're working on it, one day at a time.

As for me, I ate a preeeeetty fatty and sodium-dense lunch from Veteran's day food stuffs, but I'll be enjoying this amazing butternut squash soup tonight for dinner:
    - 1 butternut squash, roasted (a little too long lol but still fine!!)
    - 4 carrots sliced
    - ginger and onion and garlic, minced
    - 3 apples, minced as well
    - 3 celery ribs
    - salt, pepper, herbs de provence, cinnamon, and nutmeg
    - half water half chicken stock 5 cups total
    - 2 tsp olive oil

And a similar sweet potato, carrot, apple ginger once I run out of that stuff. Vegetable soup in the morning has been just as enjoyable as oats lately. Hot and rich and ready to eat.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Coming up to the end of the first month on my 4-month program with Amber & Sean. Feeling pretty good about things- the dietary stuff is easy right now, since the focus is stabilizing my weight by eating at my TDEE (which is about 2300kcal- and it's neat, like magic, my weight has stayed within about a pound the whole month) and some fairly wide macronutrient targets, mostly just to make sure I get enough protein to retain muscle when I introduce a deficit in month 2. I tend to hit my protein target of 20-25%, and go over on fat and under on carbs (not on purpose for those, really- it's just the way the cookie crumbles so to speak). Amber & Sean have said this is fine as long as I feel good, and I do. The exercise is hard; I haven't lifted weights in years, and I feel very out of place in the gym, but I figure I paid the same membership fee as the swole bros and so if they don't like sharing the weight room with me, fuck'em.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Coming up to the end of the first month on my 4-month program with Amber & Sean. Feeling pretty good about things- the dietary stuff is easy right now, since the focus is stabilizing my weight by eating at my TDEE (which is about 2300kcal- and it's neat, like magic, my weight has stayed within about a pound the whole month) and some fairly wide macronutrient targets, mostly just to make sure I get enough protein to retain muscle when I introduce a deficit in month 2. I tend to hit my protein target of 20-25%, and go over on fat and under on carbs (not on purpose for those, really- it's just the way the cookie crumbles so to speak). Amber & Sean have said this is fine as long as I feel good, and I do. The exercise is hard; I haven't lifted weights in years, and I feel very out of place in the gym, but I figure I paid the same membership fee as the swole bros and so if they don't like sharing the weight room with me, fuck'em.
    Yeah that's one of the hardest things is getting over that invisible audience. I felt it too when I had a gym, and I went at night for a while because more average-joe lookin' people were there at night.

But, really, most people are more than happy that someone else is in there getting their work out on too. I'm not sayin' there's no occasional douche, but mostly if I asked someone to spot me, they were more than happy, and then sometimes I even ended up working out with people for the fun of it. Usually gym goers are either just as lost as you are, don't care if 100 people or 0 people are there, or excited to help but look mean because they're concentrating on lifting weights.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

One week down! Boom!

My tip for today, since that seems to be a thing I'm doing lately:

Make a big batch of oatmeal and make it into two meals a day. Oats are stupid cheap, and they keep for about a week in the fridge. You make them plain, put them in a giant container, and they'll gel up and be super oatmeal-y all week long. Just pop it in the microwave, or in your dish with some warmed water/liquid, and they're back to life.

You can do a sweet dish for breakfast, and a savory dish for lunch. And half of the meal is already cooked, and it's easy on the stomach.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    One week down! Boom!

My tip for today, since that seems to be a thing I'm doing lately:

Make a big batch of oatmeal and make it into two meals a day. Oats are stupid cheap, and they keep for about a week in the fridge. You make them plain, put them in a giant container, and they'll gel up and be super oatmeal-y all week long. Just pop it in the microwave, or in your dish with some warmed water/liquid, and they're back to life.

You can do a sweet dish for breakfast, and a savory dish for lunch. And half of the meal is already cooked, and it's easy on the stomach.
    I actually did oatmeal that way for about a year, but it was because I had an ulcer and the oatmeal neutralized the acid in my system... helped it heal... it went away.

MBTI
    INTJ

I am supposed to do 3 full-body workouts per week but Thursday was a wash and I didn't bother trying to play catch-up on Friday.
    My Physical Therapist told me to stop doing ab crunches because it's too hard on the neck, but the replacement exercises were too hard on other parts of my body, so I'm going back to ab crunches.