User Tag List

First 404849505152 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Betty rocker week 2 is starting up! We completed week 1, and the last two days were REALLY shaky (my fault--I had a HUGE exam to prep for and pretty much shut down to the world while it was in progress) and did the bonus yoga work out today. I was too sleepy from studying to complete the big workout.

Tomorrow when my sister gets home from work, we'll be hitting up the regular challenge! Instead of taking a break, we'll just do a quick sweet ab work out the next day, and then day 2 of the work outs Monday. Tuesday break day (except for me if I find my bar and then I'm doing a booty work out), and we'll catch up Wednesday to make day 3 juuust barely late by a day.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've maintained my 30-lb loss for over 3months now but I haven't lost any more. This is okay with me (I recently read a study indicating that "plateaus" are actually good for long-term success since they help your body reach equilibrium along the way and adjust to the changes) but I do want to get things started again and make sure I'm not getting complacent and letting old habits creep back in. So I joined a 4-month fat loss program led by two of my favorite health professionals, Amber Rogers and Sean Flanagan. They both advocate slow, safe, sane weight loss with an emphasis on a healthy relationship with food and eating, and sustainable activity goals. This is the program I joined:

http://seanflanaganwellness.com/4monthfatlossandrecomp

My group starts on the 22nd. In the meantime I'm to either join a gym or get my hands on a bunch of equipment to use at home (probably going to join the gym since I don't have room for the equipment here).
    Likes EJCC, Dr Mobius liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

That sounds fantastic, Ivy!
    Congratulations!

I keep reaching higher plateaus instead of lower ones.
    I've been on a healthier, lower calorie diet for over a year,
    but all I've done is maintain instead of lose weight.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did very well yesterday. I was supposed to do my workout when I got home from work, but I had had an appointment, and when I got home I was hungry, then I was lazy.
    But when I got home from my Bible study at 9 PM, I made myself do a lower body workout I was scheduled to do.
    I was very proud of myself for not daring to go to bed without doing it! LOL!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Completed Betty Rocker week 2!!

My food is steadily going down hill with a lack of time and resources... I'm sort of paying for unavoidable stuff, meaning the food I normally buy is too expensive and I'm stuck eating whatever's being cooked in the household. My "I hate wasting food" is mixing with "my family cooks too much and is too picky about leftovers" with "I'd like to eat healthy, but I like to eat conveniently first."

I can say my breakfasts have at least been healthy, but I'm getting significantly less fresh salads and steamed veggies in my diet the past week and a half and I can feel its effects on my body.

So, for this week... My goal is to have vegetables in all of my meals.
    feasting at home: Skillet Baked Steel Cut Oats w/ Maple Glazed Apples I'm addicted to this stuff, and it lasts all week, so I'm making a big batch of that with finely shredded carrots and pumpkin added to it.
    I'm mixing up some cottage cheese, frozen spinach thawed, fresh basil, parsley, and oregano from the garden and making a vat of that to have with crackers for when I get hungry between meals
    A big bowl of cole slaw for some quick salad-like side dish veggie or a snack
    Bean-and-rice based cereals and bean-cooked desserts
    Steamed bags of vegetables to eat hot with noodles or rice and soy sauce and mentsuyu to dip them in.
    Gathering up the ingredients for my favorite salad--miso ginger dressing with mixed greens, cabbage, and broccoli slaw and chow mein noodles..
    and my other favorite salad: applegate chicken nuggets chopped up and tossed in wing sauce, blue cheese yogurt dressing, and mixed greens

Oh, I almost forgot!

Really awesome thing I found: Easy Breakfast Recipe: Banana Split with Yogurt and Jam

Banana split that's good for you Yes plz! I was thinking they have chocolate-flavored and honey-flavored yogurts.. why not stick it in the freezer for an hour or so and let it firm up and get cold, then it really will taste like ice cream! And instead of chocolate sauce, some hazelnut butter would go great on top.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Starting day one (finally) of week 3 tonight! Plus a bonus ab move.

Made some more oatmeal that stuff is addicting! It's like dessert for breakfast along side a yogurt-banana-split. I might just be eating breakfast food twice a day now just to keep solid on my eating habits.

I changed up the recipe and I let soak overnight a green tea bag, some lavender loose leaf tea, and an orange peel piece in water so that it was nice and potent and gives an extra burst of vitamin C, some carrots finely shredded, some coconut and turbinado sugars (one packet each), pumpkin seeds this time, and home grown pumpkin puree.

BR Posted her top 10 fitness successes, and I like them a lot so I thought I'd post them:
    1. Never go more than 3 days without working out somehow.
    2. Work out at least three days a week.
    3. Never miss a monday
    4. Never give up!
    5. Work out your entire body by changing up your training styles every 4-6 weeks.
    6. Take adequate rest days. Even if you want to work out everyday, you can do things like stretching, walking, yoga, and light activity on those rest days instead of trying to rush all three days+ at once.
    7. Learn from experts. Just because it's a pretty pic on pinterest doesn't mean it's right for your body.
    8. Hydrate or Die.
    9. Prevent injury by starting off slow. Fitness is a lifestyle, meaning you've got your whole life ahead of you. Don't kill yourself trying to be a badass mfer.
    10. None of this matters if you ruin it with your diet. Diet and exercise are sisters, you can't have one without the other. Your body needs fuel to be successful, and any amount of working out can be ruined with a bad diet routine.

Likes Ivy, INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My 4 month program thingie starts Monday. I got my meal plans today (they are very flexible- I can sub out anything I want, it's just a jumping-off point). I went grocery shopping for that today. Not sure when the workouts start- they say the first month is mainly just to stabilize your weight and get you used to tracking. I have been pretty low-key about my tracking up to now so it'll be good to get a handle on portion sizes and things like that.

Does anyone have a fitbit? We could keep each other motivated.

I have been tracking my steps. I am essentially in maintenance mode now, and trying to increase my activity as I return to eating like normal.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Does anyone have a fitbit? We could keep each other motivated.

I have been tracking my steps. I am essentially in maintenance mode now, and trying to increase my activity as I return to eating like normal.
    I think those things are cool, but since I'm poor I just use my google now, which tracks sort of my walking steps and gives me a quick report of the hours I walked once a month. I wish it reported more often, I always forget to check on the first of the month. :/

MBTI
    INTJ

I can say I was successful at doing all my workouts this week... though I need to adjust my plan slightly because now I have a new exercise video aimed at knee rehab.

My knees have been giving me a lot of trouble. I think if I can strengthen my hamstrings, quadriceps and glutes, it's supposed to reduce or eliminate knee pain.
    I also learned from my physical therapist that my joints hyper-extend (bend backwards) which I think is what is causing the knee pain.

Because my schedule has been so full of appointments, twice this week, I ended up exercising right before bed.
    I was really proud of myself for forcing myself to do it, but I don't really like doing it at that time.

Glad to see people posting here!