First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah, just to establish better and healthier eating habits mostly. like eating 3 meals instead of 1-2 a day
    Sounds good! (Also, just saw your thread.)

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Insane price of books aside, awesome! And good to see ya - I was wondering where you had gotten off to.

Nice, and welcome to the fray! Did you have any goals at the moment?
    yeah, just to establish better and healthier eating habits mostly. like eating 3 meals instead of 1-2 a day. And to add more variety

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Specific goals starting the upcoming Monday:
    To become stronger and faster than i currently am
    To fix my hips with physical therapy
    To have healthier eating habits

How i plan on doing that:

P90X at least 5 days a week
    Stretching DVD in the mornings
    Physical therapy everyday after working out
    Run with progressive goals two days a week
    Step by step eating healthier

I'll post specifics a bit later

Alright! Back! Anyways, my eating habits. I need good food that requires little cooking because of my soon-to-be schedule so...
    - Granola cereal in the mornings with a banana
    - Panderia bread during school for sugar (I need sugar when I study)
    - Grapes and pineapple to eat at school as well
    - Salad and tuna and crackers for protein and lunch
    - Chicken fajita meat pretty much for dinner every night adapted into different dinners over the course of 6 days .. Spaghetti, corn tortilla tacos, Shepard's pie from the freezer, etc.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

garbage

@Udog I'm in.

There's some crap that I need to simply keep doing, and more crap that I need to do.

1. Average 60oz water per day (2.5 x my 24oz bottle, which I carry everywhere). I think I already do this, but I don't keep track.
    2. One-hour boxing lessons twice per week. I was looking for a good source of cardio and a chance to learn something; bam, there it is.
    3. Tone up the ol' abs with crunches three times per week (can't book it for specific days, as my schedule is chaos). I have a cool lil' resistance band for that. Starting at 20 for the first session, then 40, and so on up to 100 per session.
    4. Eat 4-5 times per day. I have a tendency to let my blood sugar drop or whatever by not eating enough throughout the day.

The primary goal is to keep a higher and more consistent energy level.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I have a tendency to let my blood sugar drop or whatever by not eating enough throughout the day.
    The primary goal is to keep a higher and more consistent energy level.
    I do that too.

I made a plan a while back to start eating at certain times of the day, but it fell through due to my schedule being all over.

I might try to start it again though
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I just wanted to say I just got the most amazing pull up bar installed in my house and I am so stoked about using it that I keep doing a pull up every time I pass through the hallway.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Perfect-Pullup-Basic/20461387

Fairly inexpensive, and instead of using the chair technique you can swing the bar down and pull yourself up from the ground.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

@kyuuei, that's really cool - I hadn't seen something like that before. I hate using the chair - I feel I'm cheating certain key muscles by bringing my legs into it. Thanks for the link!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Okay, so - this first week kind of threw me off guard here. I needed to get used to my odd college schedule for the spring semester, plus I haven't gotten enough sleep. But I'm glad to be back on campus: I love walking/jogging/running along the wide sidewalk path, whether for my own pleasure or for carrying out any errands during my volunteer service. Once my college routine becomes more "stable" next week, I'll be able to really get into this habit more regularly.

In the meantime though, I have begun implementing some huge changes in my diet, one by one. First off, I now carry a water bottle with me to school so that I drink enough water during the day. Also, no more white flour/white bread for me! My mom has been encouraging me this week to eat foods that contain whole wheat, along with lentils, more veggies and some fruits. With her help, I've started eating more natural foods, so I'm grateful for that.

If there's anything else I think of, I'll be sure to edit this post (or create a new one).
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Please post your summaries, guys! I'll post the participation list tomorrow night, and if we hadn't heard from you (in this thread) in 7 days I'll throw in a notification.

As for my summary:

Week 2 was about on par with Week 1. On the plus side, I woke up earlier and did 3 of my exercises in the morning. I'm also still eating significantly less junk food than I was last month. On the down side, I only did 3 out of my 5 workouts, and had 3 days where I cheated on my diet and ate a significant portion of junk food.

Summary:
    1. No sugar; moderate flour: 4/7 days.
    2. Exercised 3/5 times.

My major lesson learned: I have 1 day of pure willpower where I can force myself to not eat junk that's right in front of my face. After I am forced to use that day, I have no will power and will pig out on any junk food someone puts in front of my face.

I'm going to give it one more week. If I don't make it, I'll be making a significant adjustment to my first goal.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Week 2 summary: met my main goal of brief exercise (bodyweight or yoga, ~20 min) every weekday. I missed 2 days of ankle stretches for no good reason, though. I've also been cutting back to 1 circuit instead of 2 most days. In my defense, I've been pretty active otherwise (soccer Thurs, skating today) and haven't been great at getting to bed on time, so I've been a bit tired/sore from that. I still want to step it up a bit, though. I videotaped myself tonight to see if that helps me get the form nailed down - looking in a mirror is difficult and probably counterproductive, as I'm twisting around my head all the time! I'm not sure if I learned that much, although it did illustrate that I have a serious case of forward head posture. sigh. My back is still doing weird stuff with the squats and I'm not completely sure how to make it stop, but I'm working on it...

I'd like to add some kind of dietary goal for Feb, assuming I'm still doing OK with my exercise goals by then. Will think about what, but it'll be something pretty small but hopefully still meaningful.
    -end of thread-