User Tag List

First 384647484950 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hmm.. No day 2 work out, today's challenge is to try a green smoothie.. Soooooo I'm going to throw one together this evening! I did go walking for about 20 minutes today, which is pitifully minimal.

Food wise: My favorite tortillas are on a massive sale today and tomorrow, so I'm stocking up now while they're $2 off their normal cost! <3 Fresh corn/flour tortillas whenever I want?! Yes please!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

right arm injured from mouse
    can't type too much
    did my workout
    need to cut back on late night pop corn
    I think I'm getting fat

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I got all pouty because people called me skinny at a party and it really discouraged me... and the truth is they're probably right. At the same time, this morning I realized it's up to me to fix that if I really want to...

Today's challenge was to drink enough water. I'm tweaking the challenges though so I can get back into weight training a bit faster. So, I'm thinking for this week:
    - Tonight I'm going to do my workout as scheduled--the day 1 exercise with the bonus circuit.
    - Tomorrow, I'm riding my bike 6.4 miles to school and back again. Then I think I'll do the pizza party workout as soon as I get home.
    - Tuesday I'll do P90X arms training circuit + abs
    - Wednesday I'll go running and do some betty rocker moves on the way back.
    - Thursday will be biking 6.4 miles and little else because I have a major exam the next day.
    - Friday I'll do p90x legs weight training + abs
    - Saturday is yoga/stretch day.
    - Sunday I ain't doin NOTHIN'.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

ok...
    are you trying to gain weight?
    "skinny" can be a relative term.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    ok...
    are you trying to gain weight?
    "skinny" can be a relative term.
    Generally speaking I associate it with negativity. To emphasize this point, I'll point out a conversation at dinner the next day after the party:
    Person 1: "Not like so-and-so.. she's skinny."
    Person 2: "Yeah I don't want a girl that's just bones and skin."
    Person 1: "I mean, she's naturally like that, but it's just too thin."

It's just not generally a great thing in some aspects of the South, and I play into that.. I don't mind people being skinny, but it isn't something I find attractive in myself nor something desirable as I exercise.

Remember all those ambitions I had for working out? I don't know wtf it is with school constantly getting in the way of it all... I really don't. My book came in, and I'm hoping I can still go running tonight depending on how fast I read it all without my brain exploding.

Likes INTJMom liked this post

I met my goal weight a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd try to gain back some muscle but I didn't do it very disciplined.

I am going to try to get my body fat percentage down, continuing on the weight loss--I won't be underweight when I am done. I am estimating another three to four weeks. The health reason is that, even though I am off my blood pressure medication, it is a bit elevated.

The loss of muscle, however, means I need to increase the intensity or duration of exercise. I haven't decided yet what to do. I think I'll do 30 minutes on a treadmill, and/or wearing a pedometer and making sure I am actually still get 8 miles of walking a day.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So proud of my sister! She agreed to start a fitness challenge led by yours truly! So I'm giving her small goals each week. This week: do one work out appropriate for post-baby stuff this week, drink 5 glasses of water a day, switch to healthier drinks, and eat a clean foods healthy breakfast each morning. Seems like a lot, but it's pretty simple..

As for me, I need to stop skipping meals. That's usually not a problem for me, but this school schedule has me pretty haggard trying to save money AND do just as well. ._.p I am eating fairly clean, have the past few days (eating black bean burgers I made and frozen brown-rice dinners with power greens salads when everyone else is eating pizza) so that's good... I need to kick up my water intake though. I think not working out doesn't help that.

MBTI
    INTJ

arm still in pain
    decided to change lifestyle...
    will have to exercise arms 3-4 times per week
    do stretching on the alternate days
    one day off

I need these tendinitis flare-ups to stop happening.

I was successful in reaching my goals last week.
    This week will be a lot tougher.

MBTI
    INTJ

I reached last weeks goals.
    It's harder this week because with all the appointments for doctors, chiropractors and such after work, by the time I get home, my stomach is growling and it's late.
    My goal is to exercise first before I eat because I am more likely to be motivated to do it right away and it's so hard to exercise on a full stomach.
    I will have to re-think my plan, but I think I will have to exercise 3 times a week.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've been eating really healthy staying on track and eating 50% clean food right now! My snacks are all home grown/raw/homemade and while breakfast is processed it is minimally processed and really delicious.

I was trying to think of healthy snacks to have at my nephew's birthday, which I'm planning, and I think these are going to be what I make (though I'll switch out the raw pumpkin for pumpkin puree) for thanksgiving as my contribution. I'm going to find a way to make my pumpkin bread stuffing healthier as well... I know I can do it! That stuff is RIDIC on calories. and oh so yummy.

Today: I'm working out with my sister whether she likes it or not. And getting her ass back into gear for posting her food online.