User Tag List

First 364445464748 Last

Wow. You guys are really quite encouraging. @kyuuei , in particular, could be a personal trainer!

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ holy moly you're on fire Ygolo!

400 calorie deficit from the baseline? Or from your goal intake? I noticed mfp really lets you choose the calorie options you one.. I set it at 1200 calories because I don't log in many of the things I take in (1-2 bites of anything, drinks, vegetables that are plain just the dressings, etc.) and I just wanted to make sure I was getting decent calories of the things I really screw up on (like eating tons of sugar in a day and none the next to see if that could cause my headaches, etc.) only.
    From baseline, but thinking about it, I enter "walking" for exercise even though, what I do is somewhere between walking and hiking.

I am almost at my goal weight. 10 straight weeks, I have been loosing weight. I have now lost 32 in 10 weeks. I didn't do the breakdown of muscle,fat, and water yet, I will likely do that either next week or when I reach my goal weight (which would be in about 2 weeks if the trend continues). I have, no doubt lost both muscle mass and water weight, but I think I can recover the muscle when I am no longer running a calorie deficit.

The better news is that I met with my doctor today, and he said he wanted me to stop all my blood pressure and blood glucose medication. (There was a weird thing in my lab work that showed that the percentage of my blood that is made of red blood cells is low and significantly lower than they have been, so I just redid some of the labs today. Could be nothing. Could be my Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis acting up, though I feel fine and have not noticed any blood loss. Who knows?)

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Eventually I'll put together a body-weight workout that's about 20 minutes long that I actually enjoy and just do that while I'm out on travel. Eventually. Until then I'll just be satisfied with being lazy on vacation, because similar to yourself I don't have a problem getting back into the groove of things. It was well instilled into me.
    I keep my favorite workout videos on my laptop, a thera-band in my briefcase (fits in an envelope), and make sure I have sneakers and exercise clothes. It's enough to keep up, and takes negligible room. I do really enjoy walking in the areas I visit. I like getting to see the local area in that way. On my last trip, I went on a ~5 mile walk on local footpaths, which turned into about 7.5 mi due to taking a wrong turn! My feet were sore afterwards, but no regrets.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I keep my favorite workout videos on my laptop...
    Great idea!

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my exercise program this morning!
    It's a full body workout designed for ladies age 50 and older.
    A lady at work - not much older than I - fell down this week and cracked her hip and had to have surgery.
    The workout I do helps to increase bone density in the hip area.
    Hopefully the investment I am making now will help someday, if that ever happens to me.

My eating improved a bit.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I climbed all the way to the top of Chimney rock... Halfway there there were another 150 stairs to the top. I said that was the most expensive stair master I ever rented.

More bike riding, and exploring around. It has NOT been a productive trip food wise, but a great trip exercise wise. I'm ready to go home prepped and set for the fall semester and my commitment to biking to school.

Here Are 10 Pictures of Your Daily Recommended Servings of Fruits & Vegetables

Also I saw this on a site today and I thought it was a great thing to check out. The veggies/fruits servings thing doesn't seem so intimidating with these layouts.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Here Are 10 Pictures of Your Daily Recommended Servings of Fruits & Vegetables

Also I saw this on a site today and I thought it was a great thing to check out. The veggies/fruits servings thing doesn't seem so intimidating with these layouts.
    Wow, yes. This is great!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That link rules! Thanks for posting it @kyuuei.

Hmm I think I signed up for this challenge too.

I've gained 4Kgs.

My purpose is to gain weight/muscle mass.

However some of that 4Kgs is most probably fat though my waist size hasn't increased.

Not in a position to post a pic in the man chest/shoulder appreciation thread yet though.

Currently 85Kgs at 6 feet (183.5cm).

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Back on track with drinking water regularly and eating better. I get a free loaner bike on Friday, pretty excited to start using that thing.

On the menu for the week:
    - Power O's cereal, my favorite way to start the morning lately. It has all the benefits of eating beans without the GI distress of eating them in a meal
    - Wild rice mix with seaweed seasoning
    - Chocolate hazelnut milk
    - Power greens and broccoli slaw salad with yogurt ranch dressing
    - Ginger lime coleslaw with wasabi-soy almonds
    - Watermelon basil smoothies
    - Flattened oven-fried panko chicken breasts with spicy homemade marinara via fire-roasted tomatoes

Anyone have favorite "healthy swap" stuff? Mine are:
    - Vegetable ketchup via Krazy Ketchup. 20 calories per Tbsp, 0 fat, and tastes pretty damn good as far as vegetable swaps go.
    - Flourless brownies. I love this site, but these particularly tasted quite amazing with some dark chocolate chips: Amazing Flour-less Brownies | Skinnytaste The secret ingredient is black beans and while I wouldn't say they're the same as regular brownies.. for 144 calories and a bit of wholesome fiber you can't beat it.
    - Cauliflower. It's great ground up in a food processor and takes the shape of rice.. or potatoes in healthier potato salad.
    - Sour cream instead of mayo on sandwiches and in potato salads and coleslaw
    - Yogurt dressings. I'll never go back to regular dressing again!
    - Powdered milk. It tends to have a ton more calcium for some reason, so I tend to use it in my cereal in the mornings.. and when I'm too lazy to heat up milk because I can dissolve it in already-hot water for hot chocolate. I keep it on hand when I run out of milk and I'm too lazy, but when I have a kitchen of my own I'll actually buy it in bulk because it tastes just as good if you get a high quality.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Report for last week: definitely not the greatest. I had a really ridiculously shitty week for many reasons. Actually the one day I did manage to work out, it really boosted my mood a lot. But I missed 2/3 days completely.

This week is going a lot better mood-wise and otherwise, and while Sunday did get swallowed into the black hole of despair (and bonus ankle injury, hurr-fucking-ay), I got back on track Tues and plan to do my regular Thurs workout tonight. The last few weeks have been pretty spotty so I'm aiming to get more consistent in the next few weeks. Still, I'm pretty happy that I haven't bailed on the exercise routine entirely after missing so many days - in the past this has always been the signal that I'm about to give up on it entirely, but this time I keep holding on by the tips of my fingers.

On the plus side, I've been doing pretty decently with food recently even with the crazy stress of the past week. Eating a bit more than I probably should (not tracking, just a guess) but nothing too outrageously unhealthy, and an acceptable amount of veggies. It helps that the easiest grocery store for me to bike to is farm boy, which doesn't really sell packaged junk food, and usually has pretty high quality produce, if a bit more expensive than I'd like. I'm getting the impulse to start tracking again so I might do that.

Last time I tracked food, I did it for 4 weeks and the calorie count went down consistently every week despite not intentionally restricting it (and a pretty big difference - from 1850 week 1 avg to 1550 week 4 avg). I think the main reason was that it cut down on the "binges" where I eat a ton at once out of boredom and/or tastiness, or the slow version where I eat snacks non-stop for hours (mostly boredom again). I wasn't any hungrier on 1550 calories, I was just stuffing myself to the gills less often. There was definitely a reluctance to enter ridiculous things I used to eat regularly, like 6 200-calorie hash browns at once (heh) even though I'm only accountable to myself. It also helped a lot with being conscious of which foods are super high-calorie so I don't go too crazy with them. Like the afore-mentioned hashbrowns, a major weakness for me! A lot of that mindset is still with me, but I think I could use a refresher course. Maintaining the exercise routine is still my priority, though.
    -end of thread-