User Tag List

First 354344454647 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Just set that reminder- thanks @kyuuei. I had a streak of 165 days, from January to July, and I was perhaps more upset about breaking it than I should have been. :/
    Oh man I'd be punching a bag for like 10 minutes straight at least if I messed up a streak that long! That sucks!!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The Move That Will Make You a Pullup Powerhouse | Men's Health

For all of you who want to try pull ups but don't have equipment.. if you have a semi-slippery hard floor, you can do this!

Just lay on your tummy, and slide yourself forward using just your arms, and back again. The video on here is really good for demonstration. Bonus: you can make it easier and harder, no risk of falling or hurting your girly hands hanging from the bar.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Went bike riding for about an hour or an hour and a half yesterday I'm pretty sore today, totally worth it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    All I have been doing is walking around either campus or near where I live. I measured it with a pedometer on Friday, and it was close to 8 miles in a day. While I walk I tended to do it with my relatively heavy laptop and books (between 8 to 12 lbs), and cutting my calorie intake (espeacially from carbs).

I run about a 400 calorie deficit a day according to myfitnesspal. I think the low carb metabolic advantage is working for me, because, on a non-ketogenic diet, it is supposed to take 3500 calories to lose a pound. But I am averaging about 3 lbs a week with a 2800 calorie deficit. I suspect this will slow down a lot, now that my BMI and body far percentage is close to healthy.

I've lost twenty six pounds is 8 weeks. For my height, that is a lot. Because of this, my fasting blood glucose has dropped from 125 mg/dL to 95 mg/dL, my blood pressure (both systolic and diastolic) have dropped by 20 mmHg, and I was able to discontinue hydrochlorothiazide.

I was forced to by new pants and new belt because the old ones would not stay on. I'll get new shirts once I finish losing weight. I have about another 10 lbs to reach my goal.

Oh, and I started weight training again today (not trying to build because that can backfire on a diet). Calorie deficit when close to healthy weight can make us loose a lot of muscle, and that is not a good way to lose weight. So far, my 26 pounds have consisted of about two pounds of muscle, 22 lbs of fat, and 2 lbs of water.

Fantastic!

MBTI
    INTJ

I did some traveling this weekend, so I missed my ab crunches on Friday and Saturday and missed my Sunday morning workout.
    But I have today off, so I did my workout this morning, and boy am I glad I did! It was a little easier than last week... meaning, I am getting stronger. Yay!

I just weighed in at 158.6... 38.7% fat... 25% muscle... 3.1% bone... 46.6% water

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Working out on vacation?! You bet!!

Went bike riding for about an hour total all through the small city I'm in, including biking with a bunch of bicycling enthusiasts to music through the whole city. It was really fun!

Also, yesterday I went on a run. A hash run! Basically, and apparently, you drink beer at stopping points and before, and you run on scavenger hunts to find the check points in between. It was really fun, even though I got lost since it was my first one I probably ran about a mile or a mile and a half by the time it was over, and walked another mile back to the start when I found out I was dead lost. Everyone was celebrating two members of the group getting married so EVERYONE, guys and gals, were in white dresses. We got lots of thumbs ups from viewers in the neighborhoods we were running through.

No weight lifting yet, but this has been a great start to the fall semester. My eating habits and hydration have been ALL wrong, which is to be expected considering I haven't drank alcohol in months and I'm quasi-celebrating/vacationing, but I do need to drink more water on this trip for sure.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never heard of a hash run, but it sounds a lot like an alleycat race (bike messenger race- you get a list of stops and have to find the best route between them and perform some kind of a challenge at each stop). My roller derby team has put one on several years in a row- I think beer was only involved in maybe one or two of the checkpoints, though. Glad you're having a nice vacation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Went bike riding for about an hour or an hour and a half yesterday I'm pretty sore today, totally worth it.
    I am envious. Haven't had a bike ride in almost a month, due to lots of travel. Did quite a bit of walking and the occasional cardio machines at hotels, but not the same. Thanks for the pullup link. I worked my way into pullups before Air Force camp via flexed arm hangs on my closet clothes rod.

Overall I've fallen off the exercise wagon due to the aforementioned travel, but the one thing I know now is that I will be able to get right back on, because I have done so several times before.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've never heard of a hash run, but it sounds a lot like an alleycat race (bike messenger race- you get a list of stops and have to find the best route between them and perform some kind of a challenge at each stop). My roller derby team has put one on several years in a row- I think beer was only involved in maybe one or two of the checkpoints, though. Glad you're having a nice vacation.
    Sounds similar except on foot and with lots more beer. The slogan of the group is "A drinking group with a running problem." Alleycat racing sounds pretty cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I am envious. Haven't had a bike ride in almost a month, due to lots of travel. Did quite a bit of walking and the occasional cardio machines at hotels, but not the same. Thanks for the pullup link. I worked my way into pullups before Air Force camp via flexed arm hangs on my closet clothes rod.

Overall I've fallen off the exercise wagon due to the aforementioned travel, but the one thing I know now is that I will be able to get right back on, because I have done so several times before.
    I feel the same way, I don't really workout on vacations and travel expeditions either--I try to incorporate what I'm doing with exercising (taking stairs, walking to destinations, geocaching while I'm in an area, etc.) but it's a very passive route that isn't nearly enough to keep up form.

The cool things they invent for work out travel just aren't reasonable at all. I mean, seriously, who is going to spend money on that for the 2-14 days every couple months they travel?

Eventually I'll put together a body-weight workout that's about 20 minutes long that I actually enjoy and just do that while I'm out on travel. Eventually. Until then I'll just be satisfied with being lazy on vacation, because similar to yourself I don't have a problem getting back into the groove of things. It was well instilled into me.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

^^ yeah, I was so happy to get back on my bike when I got back after a month away! Bikes are awesome, especially if you're somewhere with good bike paths.

I didn't do any exercise while I was away, but I did walk a freaking ton, so I didn't feel too guilty. I thought about keeping up with some of the body weight stuff but I'm just too self conscious to do it in a hostel or outdoors. But, two people have asked me if I lost weight while away, and I did lose a couple pounds and feel a bit thinner (maybe already regained them though - around 140 when I left, down to a consistent 136 after returning, but I've been bouncing between 136 and 140 in the last week, more recently 138-140...my scale is terrible, plus I think I've been randomly bloating sometimes). Probably more diet than exercise anyway. Much less boredom-snacking while travelling, and that's a huge problem for me. Could also be lost muscle mass from not exercising, although I hope not!

Anyway, came here because I just remembered I never posted last week's update - I did ok. I did miss one day (of 3) but missed it because I was so sore from a weekend of a few hours of volleyball plus ~2h of biking plus a casual yoga session that included some similar movements as my bodyweight routine...so I'll call that a wash.

I already missed my first day of bodyweight stuff this week, for basically the same reason, minus the volleyball and yoga - I felt really beat up after a longer bike ride (~3h including breaks), my legs were tired from that and my knees and wrists were both hurting from the stress...whoops. Also managed to roll my bad ankle really badly last Fri and it still feels pretty crappy...awesome. I think I'll be OK to play volleyball tonight but I'll wear my brace. Like I should have been doing when I rolled my ankle....

I'll get back on track with my routine tonight - I'd still like to be doing it 3x/week but I feel mostly OK with substituting a day of biking sometimes - summer won't last forever, and good weather has been rare here recently!
    -end of thread-