User Tag List

First 33414243444553 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I forgot to check in on Sunday, but I DID do mt exercise program!
    And I also did my ab crunches every day... well I forgot on Saturday... and then never got around to it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I wish I was working out more than I am. Mental exhaustion is starting to set in, and I still have the hardest 3 weeks of the semester to go. This upcoming week is the 3rd worst week, with the subsequent two coming in 2nd and 1st.

I'm eating too much and then too little because of my schedule and lack of access/time to decent food choices. Even worse, I'm not exercising at all and my hips are suffering for it. I'm going to attempt to just work out hungry and see if that helps, and just do a lower impact exercise. That way I can do it and shower long before we have dinner.

I really, really hope the next semester is kinder on me. I'd like to be able to play at the recreational center I have free access to downtown after classes...
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Well, finally got to work out this week. I don't think I'll keep it up throughout the week, but doing it tonight felt good even if I was a little numb through it from horrid repetitive class material.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've been derailed by a family issue- I pretty much stopped walking and tracking a couple weeks ago. I started walking again yesterday and I plan to start tracking again later this week when things go back to their normal levels of crazy. In the meantime I haven't binged, but I have been drinking sweet drinks which is one of the only things I had pretty much cut out entirely, so I might find that I've gained a little bit when I weigh in again.

In my old mindset, this would be failure and I'd just give up and go back to binging and being sedentary. I feel like that all-or-nothing thinking is behind me, but I guess we'll see. I'm hoping the progress I've made in the past six months will carry me through this setback.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've been derailed by a family issue- I pretty much stopped walking and tracking a couple weeks ago. I started walking again yesterday and I plan to start tracking again later this week when things go back to their normal levels of crazy. In the meantime I haven't binged, but I have been drinking sweet drinks which is one of the only things I had pretty much cut out entirely, so I might find that I've gained a little bit when I weigh in again.
    I did the same on Sunday... I ate a bunch of junk food that I have cut way back on.
    I will probably gain too... and my face may break out too.
    In my old mindset, this would be failure and I'd just give up and go back to binging and being sedentary. I feel like that all-or-nothing thinking is behind me, but I guess we'll see. I'm hoping the progress I've made in the past six months will carry me through this setback.
    I know what you mean! I used to be the same way! But I can't afford to go back to the way I was. I can't believe how weak I feel after missing only one week of exercise.

Checking in for this week. I did my exercise program on Sunday morning.
    It's still a challenge for me. My muscles are sore for a couple of days following.
    I've done my 20 ab crunches every morning.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

For anyone still checking, I'll sheepishly admit that I completely flopped on the last week of the challenge. It kinda fell by the wayside as I got ready for my month-long trip, although to be honest, I could have fit it in, that's just an excuse.

However I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it (almost) to the bitter end - nearly 6 months! That's about 6 times longer than ever before. I'm choosing to take this week off as I readjust to real life again (sigh), but plan to start back up with the same routine starting next Sunday night.

(I'll keep posting updates here weekly, at least until someone tells me to knock it off )
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I like seeing your posts so please do. Especially since your posts are super honest.. I get competitive and I'm like "Aahh man.. @Ivy AND @Randomnity worked out this week??. I HAVE to now...." and I get my lazy butt up and stop watching medieval documentaries and making excuses.

Speaking of excuses.

I had time, energy, and the determination and motivation for working out today. I also kinked my neck last night somehow.. and I cannot move any part of my neck to the right side. I feel like Zoolander. It pretty much blows. I'm hoping sleeping tonight will work it out a bit, if it's still bad tomorrow I'm applying heat to it while I study.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes @Randomnity please keep posting!
    I am going to keep posting too!
    It helps to know that you and others like @kyuuei and @Ivy are still working on your goals.
    It helps me stay faithful with my goals too.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Week 1 of exams DONE. I have some awesome news for my fitness stuff too: I only have half days of classes each class day. I go to school more often, but for a shorter period of time.

For me, that means it won't be cost effective anymore to drive to school. Instead of a whole day of classes + hours of bus time home, I'll be dealing with half days. So, I'll be borrowing a bike from someone and biking the 3+ miles a day to the bus stops and taking the buses to school each day. I'll just pack a change of clothes in case it rains like crazy in my book bag. And, since I'll be dealing with biking vs driving and dealing with long bus rides each morning and afternoon, I'll probably try my hand out at checking out the rec center at least once a week and trying to meet up with the houston rec group so that I can play volleyball like I wanted to do this semester but lacked the time.

More exercise each day being forced into the routine. <3 So it's not sooo bad. That way I can focus more on weight training and stretching with just a little cardio.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my exercise routine on Sunday.
    I have stepped it up a little bit by doing some standing leg work that I used to have to do in a lying position instead.
    Also I am doing it with one pound ankle weights.

And I did my ab crunches every day - 10 slow and 10 fast.

I've been think about what Arnold Schwarzenegger says that Ali used to say when asked how many sit-ups he did.
    He said he wasn't sure because he only started counting after it started hurting.