User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's been my experience with myfitnesspal too. I think it would be awesome if they had as detailed a database for exercises (especially the really popular DVD sets- I never really felt like "low impact aerobics" really captured the essence of a Sean T workout) but I usually just import from runkeeper anyway.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm getting kinda bored with my cobbled together bodyweight routine, even though I picked everything myself and keep changing it up. I'm gonna try switching to this bodyweight routine and see how I like that. I like that there's a video for everything, and the progressions will hopefully make it easier to see progress than with my current routine modifications. It looks kinda long so if it's over half an hour or so I'll cut things until it's under that, because I really don't like doing much longer than that. It'll be way longer the first time or two as I learn all the exercises, of course. I'm already doing a few of them but most are new.

I'm gonna try really hard to get the form right this time and hopefully avoid starting/aggravating injuries. I really don't know why that's so difficult for me. It's like I have no clue what my body is doing and I think I'm doing it the right way but I'm totally off.

And yeah, I'm starting the new routine now, halfway through my week (Sun/Tues/Thurs). So sue me.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

The weeks are rolling by pretty easy, I've stopped driving which means I'm getting a bunch of exercise each day without having to stop and put aside the time, still working hard to eat 3 means a day, not getting it 100% but a damn sight better than I had been, I've lost about 7kgs which wasn't even an aim but I'm feeling good for it. Not lifting often enough though cause getting buggered before I get home so working on that over the next 2 weeks.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

That my fitness pal thing is still cool to me! I went 62 calories over the goal today, but I also ate a lot more protein than I did the past two days.. and I'm green in the carbs and sugars, which I haven't been the past two days.

No working out for me tonight, I'm exhausted still from the exam.. but I will work out tomorrow after my sim labs. Last night I did a 30 minute p90x3 pilates session.. and then I was so pumped from that I did an accelerator session too! I just keep picking things that sound like what I'm doing in the videos (I said jumping and running for 15 minutes each and various crunches and stretching for 15 minutes each) because I'm too lazy to make a concrete layout for the work outs.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I love myfitnesspal. But the only ones I pay attention to are calories and protein- I let the fat and carbs fall where they may, as long as I redline the protein. Even so, I tend not to go over what it assigns in carbs but often go over in fat. I also set mine up manually since the calories it gives you when you do the automagic thing are often not enough. I used a more precise TDEE calculator and shaved a modest deficit from there, one that wouldn't cause reactive binging for me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I went over my calories by 500 today.. I realized when I'm not in school I snack a ton.. It was worse when I was raw vegan-ing, but it's still pretty bad now. I've got a bit of a battle plan for tomorrow to help out, but it's father's day dinner so I'll be pretty good--I'll stick to the shrimp and crab legs, no butter just lemon and a bit of cocktail sauce, with some mashed potatoes and corn and some sauerkraut. I dislike most steaks (I looove steak.. don't get me wrong.. I'm just so picky about it that I'd rather not most of the time. it's one of those dishes that has to be perfect.)

I did work out for an hour today too. I did the MMX and Yoga DVD.. personal note: Do the yoga/low impact DVDs first because I find them really, really boring after a cool martial arts based high-speed work out. The idea at first was to do the high impact, and cool down a bit and sweat some with the yoga DVD.. and I really struggled to get through it. I know stretching is really good for me, and my hips feel about as good as they've ever felt after working out when I do yoga and stretching for 30 minutes of time straight.. but man I dislike it so much.

Also I discovered my rec center is open to us students for free. Which is really pretty dang cool. So I could take advantage of that in the fall and start swimming more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That's been my experience with myfitnesspal too. I think it would be awesome if they had as detailed a database for exercises (especially the really popular DVD sets- I never really felt like "low impact aerobics" really captured the essence of a Sean T workout) but I usually just import from runkeeper anyway.
    I played with it yesterday and I figured out was I could post in the database approximate caloric burn measurements based on a p90x calculator I found, using the 'mid' difficulty (trouble breathing, but still able to talk) and my weight, I entered in the stats for the various work outs and listed them on the site as cardiovascular, even though many of them are strength training. So I went ahead and did that.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

This week was an improvement over last couple of weeks. I managed to hit the grocery stores this week and am prepared to eat even better this week.

I didn't get as much exercise in as I wanted to, though. It came down to a decision of exercise vs sleep, and I choose sleep. No regrets (this week).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Another decent week.

Food- went well. Went over one day but no biggie. 6/7.

Exercise- walked most days, did The First 6 Days of The First 100 Days. Two of those days were prescribed rest days though, and I was kind of a slug on those days. Need to try to still get in a walk even on a so-called "rest" day. 5/7.

Sleep- decent. Stayed up too late a couple of nights, as per usual. 5/7.

I finally got the results from my blood testing at my physical back- everything was great. My cholesterol is not just good, it's "ideal," including all the ratios. Thyroid is smack dab in the middle of normal. (It has never been low, but it's been on the low side of normal before- so I think eating normally has been really positive for that.) Blood sugar was great. Everything else was in the normal range even though I didn't understand what it all was. So I feel really good about my health right now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Another decent week.

Food- went well. Went over one day but no biggie. 6/7.

Exercise- walked most days, did The First 6 Days of The First 100 Days. Two of those days were prescribed rest days though, and I was kind of a slug on those days. Need to try to still get in a walk even on a so-called "rest" day. 5/7.

Sleep- decent. Stayed up too late a couple of nights, as per usual. 5/7.

I finally got the results from my blood testing at my physical back- everything was great. My cholesterol is not just good, it's "ideal," including all the ratios. Thyroid is smack dab in the middle of normal. (It has never been low, but it's been on the low side of normal before- so I think eating normally has been really positive for that.) Blood sugar was great. Everything else was in the normal range even though I didn't understand what it all was. So I feel really good about my health right now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Here's a good article I read recently about one limitation of using BMI as a wellness tool for individuals (in this case, in older adults). I think we will be finding more evidence for this and other limitations of the concept of BMI as the science progresses. We already know that it does not accurately assess athletes. And that it was actually devised for population studies and not originally meant to be applied individually.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/po...ty-predictor1/