Week 16 update: On track with bodyweight, 3/3 nights and meeting my goal reps.
More specific goals from last week:
1) make a plan for joint healing, doesn't matter what, just don't put it off again. - Happy to report that being accountable here is the only reason I just booked a physio appointment now. It looks pretty expensive (90$ for initial assessment and possibly also a 40-120$ "visit fee" on top of that, unless that's for something else) but hopefully will get me somewhere. They firmly state only one body part per visit so I guess I'll prioritize on my ankle. I think my shoulder is just unhappy from a few days of serious overuse compounded by my normal computer (over)use, so I'll try (harder) to rest it for now...not sure why my elbow's acting up but again, I'll try harder to rest it in the next few weeks.
2) No weight-bearing shoulder exercise until I stop noticing shoulder hurting throughout the day. - yep, still skipping pushups, which is a bit of a guilty relief, and planks, which I'm actually missing now. I did use some light weights (2.5 lbs) for shoulder press and bent-over rows on Sun and Thurs night (to feel things out), and that seemed fine although it was a bit sore afterwards. I'll hold off on anything more strenuous until that stops, I guess.
3) Replace planks with another ab exercise that doesn't involve shoulders. - yep, still doing V-sits, although I don't like them as much as planks (it's harder to keep it targeting abs instead of lower back).
4) continue with doing 2 sets of everything else - yep, doing well with this.
5) break out the bike this week and start to get into biking shape! Also walking outside more! - haven't gotten on the bike yet, but I did spend some elbow grease installing a rack on it, and it just needs some tire pumping and a bit of oil to be good to go. I'll try to get out this weekend and next week if the weather's nice. Also walked home yesterday along my planned bike route and it was great. Much better than my old place - no hills AND I can even skip "real" roads entirely if I want!! I'm going to walk home today too.
Goals for next week:
It's going to be a bit crazy since I have a big paper due May 1 and will be working long hours for that. So I'll just aim to keep on track with my bodyweight exercises and rest up my injuries.
Maybe one more goal: I'm doing pretty iffy on sleep these days, staying up later and later, and that's not great for staying focused on writing (or for health or exercise goals). Having a hard time peeling myself away from the internet first, and then from my book just before bed. So my goal next week will be to be in bed with lights off before 12:30 am, with subgoals of starting the bodyweight exercise before 11pm and making it to the shower before midnight. Yeah, it's getting bad enough that that will be a pretty big improvement, heh. I'll need to set some kind of alarm to remind me, and scrounge some willpower from somewhere. If I make it to bed early I'll reward myself with reading time and if I'm late I will try my best to not start reading (I just started a book I really like).