User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I was sort of off the radar (not by choice! kind of.. There was no internet/phone reception where I was staying all week on vacation) but I did update earlier.

To catch up to now:
    - I went hiking more, walking around the city, and leisurely activity like that.
    - I did get more sleep than usual.
    - I did eat a higher quality of food than usual.. some of it was very very good for me (like fresh juiced green juices, fresh made sushi, teas, vegan cakes, collard greens, fresh breakfast salads, etc) and some of it was downright bad for me (half of a huge plate of truffle fries, a bottle of terrible wine, hot wings, truffle fries, a 'hogzilla' sandwich that had sausage, pork slices, and sugared bacon with bbq sauce, etc.) but the quality of the food across the spectrum was outstanding and I highly enjoyed eating an apple fresh from a farmer's market and tasting a BBQ place packed from open till close that's about to be shown off on the Travel Channel for its outstanding menu items and local farm support.

The next two months are standing pretty heavy on me--a test a week pretty much right down until the finals and HESI exams. Having a routine and a schedule is going to be more important for me now than ever this year--and I'm really in a position for the first time all year to have one.

I have some awesome P90X opportunities now, and I'm going to take advantage of the extended hours of sun too. Still aiming to work on dropping weight by May so that I can start noticing muscle tone.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't do my exercise program this weekend.
    I have a new injury in my back... don't know if it's spinal or muscular.
    But I continue to do the situps every morning.
    Even though that hurts in my back.
    If I'm not running behind, I do 12 instead of 10.

My shoulders were in pain so I didn't do the weight lifting.
    To tell the truth, all this pain is discouraging.

I trained this morning. Bench press and some other stuff. I want to lose a couple of kg in the next few weeks so I need to be a bit more careful of my diet.

I will use IIFYM Calculator

and the Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal app and see how it goes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I love IIFYM!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Man I just don't like thinking about food THAT much. But that calculator is incredibly awesome.

Today:
    - Walked to school (15 minutes of leisurely walking), and I plan on doing some P90X and stretching a bit.
    - Breakfast was whole grain oats with dried black figs, cocao nibs, coconut and date sugars. Snack was a bar I made yesterday with dates, raisins, various nuts (pepitas, chias, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, flax), coconut flakes, and cacao nibs. Second snack was a ripe banana, a mini orange, and some dried fruit (papaya, fig, pineapple, peach). Lunch was a large salad with dark leafy greens, celery, red bell pepper, tomato, lemon, and some oil and vinegar with various spices for dressing.

Breakfast, snacks, and lunches are pretty much not going to change all week since they're pre-made for me.
    I have no idea what I'll eat for dinner yet. But I have chia seed chocolate pudding with banana for dessert.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I find that if I aim for getting enough protein and enough but not too many calories, the rest of it pretty much takes care of itself. I don't worry about carbs and fat but they tend to end up where they "ought to be" anyway, if maybe a little over on the fat and under on the carbs. IIFYM just helped me figure out a ballpark of what those numbers should be. I don't aim for 1g protein per pound of bodyweight like they recommend, though- that would be a metric shit ton of protein every day. I go for 1g per pound of lean mass, so as I lose I hope to retain lean mass.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Instead of focusing on the negatives, I'm going to focus on the positive this week. After logging my food for 4 days last week, I confirmed that I'm not eating enough (healthy foods). Come dinner, I generally would have eating about 40% of my protein, 50% of my carbs, and 70% of my fats. It's not really hard to figure out why I keep on crashing, and why it takes so much freakin will power to not binge. I was basically starving myself while trying to exercise.

It's frustrating to me that it took so long to catch that, but at least I have answers to my problems that don't involve me being too weak willed to eat and exercise right.

This week, I have one simple goal: Eat all of my proteins, carbs, and fats - and keep a simple log. That's it. I will put effort into working out as well, but that's really secondary. Getting enough food and not starving myself of nutrition is by far the more important goal right now.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I love IIFYM!
    Ooo, looks promising. What do you love about it?

ETA: Ah, you actually answered this. Nevermind, nothing to see here.

Also, I find protein to be the hardest macronutrient to get enough of as well. I have to really plan things out in order to make sure I get enough.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

It's week 10, and rumor has it you guys are in need of a list! It's great to see so many of you still with us. With the days becoming longer and the weather becoming warmer, I suspect it's only going to get easier from this point on.

Week 10 Participation List
    INTJMom
    Ivy
    Kasper
    kyuuei
    MorningStar
    Qlip
    Randomnity
    Redbone
    Udog
    Urarienev

And we haven't heard from a few of you yet (possibly because I'm posting this earlier than usual), so please let us know how you guys are doing.
    @Coriolis
    @Ivy (I know you posted, but I neeeed to know if you still walking the walk and destressing the stress and everything! )
    @Qlip
    @Urarienev

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This was a much better week in some respects.

Eating- Good jorb, no binges, tracked erryday. 7/7
    Activity- not so hot- actually pretty terrible, only hit 5K steps twice- but we're still having the crappiest winter of all time. So I'm not beating myself up about it. I'll get back up to speed. 2/7
    Sleep/Stress- good. Especially thanks to the frequent 2-hour delays at my kids' schools! Not having to get up at 7 is always nice. Stress levels WAY down from last week. So I'm considering this a catching-my-breath week and not getting too stressed out about my lower activity levels. 7/7
    Connection- good. We stayed home this weekend and it was actually fairly warm on Saturday, so we spent it together, doing yardwork and walking the dog and just chilling out. Saw my younger sister and her baby, and my older brother and his kids. Didn't have much contact with my parents or two youngest sibs, though. Need to check in with Mom. She was seeming a little unhinged last weekend and I dreaded getting sucked into more of that (I don't blame her for it- she's fighting pancreatic cancer and I know that's scary- but I do get panicky when she goes into a fugue state about something). Let's call this 5/7.

Even my bad weeks, honestly, are still better than any week before I started working on my food issues and activity levels. And getting through a bad week and soldiering on without just completely giving up is.. well, for me, that's huge.