First 12341252 Last

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I want to start my goals extremely low and vague so that I have a place to go up, and so that I can have fun with it. I'm only looking to start (and follow through on) a healthier lifestyle. I'm not looking to lose or gain weight.

Diet:

1) Continue having salad club at work once a week.
    2) Have some raw or steamed vegetables at least twice a week.
    3) Take my time eating, chew more, and chew slower. Enjoy what I eat, and really take the time to taste the food I'm eating.
    4) Edit: Also Drink more water!

Exercise:

1) Devote time to exercise at least once a week. (Eventually I want to build up to 4 or 5x a week.)

Including but not limited to:

a. Exercising with a coworker on lunch
    b. yoga
    c. walking/running with the dog
    d. crunches
    e. tai chi
    f. my workout dvd

2) Do breathing exercises in the car, on the ride to work everyday.
    3) Do a moving meditation practice once a week/ or crunches
    Last edited by Evolving Transparency; 01-08-2014 at 02:01 AM.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm not really sure, but I know it's definitely NOT first thing in the morning, lol. I can barely get the energy to walk around that early. Beyond that the high point seems to vary day to day so I'm not really sure. I have sports a few nights a week at varying times, so that'll make it hard to make a consistent schedule but hopefully it'll still work. If I really can't make an evening time stick, I can try out a morning time slot for a few weeks, I guess. Definitely hoping to avoid that, though.
    Some form of carb + protein can help in the morning. A banana, or an work-out drink, helped me a lot when I was working out in the morning.

What I love about morning workouts is that I can do my resistance workout first thing, recover a bit, and play sports (tennis, in my case) in the evening. It works out well as long as I get enough sleep and have 2-3 lighter days for recovery.

What I hate about morning workouts is pretty much everything else.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm really trying to change my mindset. I've been in a restrict/binge cycle most of my life (since I was 9 or 10, at least) and all it got me was super fat. So instead I'm trying this new thing where I pretend I'm somebody else and tell myself the nice, forgiving, supportive things I would tell anyone else on this planet. I try not to hate myself and punish/reward myself with food when I've been bad/good. I really feel like I need to heal my psyche before I try to tackle the weight in a HEALTHY way.

It's mainly geared towards women but I'm reading this and it's helping me a lot: http://gokaleo.com/store/taking-up-space/
    Heh, considering all the pictures that are on the front page of that link, saying "I'll check out that link" doesn't seem appropriate.

One of the programs I did a couple of years back had some stuff on countering the deprivation/binge cycle of dieting. It's an extremely common thing - not just you by any means. I'll see if I can dig up that info and post it here. I think you are on the right track, but it may have additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    3) Take my time eating, chew more, and chew slower. Enjoy what I eat, and really take the time to taste the food I'm eating.
    Oh, that's a good one! I'll need to add that one as well, I think. (Not right away, though. First things first.)
    Last edited by Udog; 01-06-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Fixed binge/purge to deprivation/binge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I am doing the Challenge. My goals will be quite modest.
    1. I have become vegetarian recently, I will continue this throughout the challenge.
    2. I weigh in at 164, I plan to drop 10 pounds by the end of this challenge.
    3. I will be able to do 100 pushups (can currently do 30)
    4. I will be able to do 100 situps (can currently do 40).

Tentative future goals will involve riding my bike weekly, when I replace my stolen bike. And doing a certain amount of pull-ups, when I get a bar.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Dup.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Several people who expressed interest haven't commented yet. No worries if you guys changed your mind or don't want to be tracked, but just in case you just missed this thread:

@Saturned, @highlander, @kyuuei, @PeaceBaby, @Lady X, @Glycerine, @Chanaynay, @bologna, @Riva, @beyondaurora, @Jennifer, @DiscoBiscuit, @superunknown, @AngelLight2012, @Honor, @Coriolis, @Beorn

The TL;DR version of the original post: If you choose to be tracked, post weekly summaries. I'll Mention your name if we haven't heard from you for more than a week, and will remove you from the list if we don't hear from you after that.

garbage

Will do.

I'll post my goals here when I think of some good,, tangible ones

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Whoops - sorry about that!

Will post my goals on here by Sunday, once I finish planning it out.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

WALMART

I currently weigh 185. I want to finish at 188.

I eat at McDonalds about 3-4 times a week (only food in a fair radius of my work), a mcdouble and a spicy chicken every time. I'm going to replace the spicy chicken with a salad.

I started lifting again with fair enough regularity. I've been getting thinner these past few months, but my weight has not decreased. I am gaining noticeable muscle mass. I want to take my lifting seriously, though. I might sub at a gym. This is how I plan on hitting my target weight of 188, despite the fat I'll likely continue dropping.

These are my goals.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

New Year's Fitness Process:

1.) Maintain healthy diet but reduce chocolate consumption to once a week.
    2.) Aerobic DVD workout 3x a week.
    3.) Continue daily walks, track with pedometer.

By the end of the challenge, at a weight loss of 1lb per week, hoping to be down 10 lbs.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching