User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Today I worked 10 hours of clinicals but spent 14 hours there total. Still I didn't get much out of it exercise-wise.
    - I'll be jamming out to a quick 30 minute work out before I shower and call it a night. ... Which I better do soon before I get super sleepy...
    - Breakfast was celery and peanut butter and raisins, a banana, and an entire package of pineapple chunks.. Not much but I didn't have much leftover either.. Lunch was pinwheels (turkey and boozy brown ale cheese with some lettuce and kefir cheese leftover), an apple, an orange, and some baby carrots and hummus. Dinner didn't start out healthy--pork chops.. but breaded with panko, cooked in the oven instead of in oil, with mushrooms and onions sauteed in some white wine and kefir cheese, some stir-fried brussel sprouts with paprika, lemon, and cooked in a bit of bacon grease from a couple pieces of cheap bacon, and mashed potatoes made with chicken broth and light sour cream.. it didn't end so bad either. A pretty happy mesh of healthy and not-so healthy. If I hadn't intervened I'd have been a sad faced person right now from fried foods and full cream potatoes. Ended that meal with a chocolate smoothie made with a few thin mints, milk, a banana, 2 squares of special dark chocolate, some spinach, and a frozen strawberry.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a little evaluating of my kitchen and figure out what I actually want to eat in the near future. I need to start meal planning better so I don't waste so much money on last minute meals during the week.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Okay, time for an update from me:

I've noticed again that I've been running back and forth on campus quite a bit this week (whether because of running late for class, or because I'm trying to reach the Tower safely on my own at night, or simply because I like the rush it gives me ). Still don't have much stamina though, so I'll need to work on that for the rest of this month.

I've also been giving up on meat little-by-little each day, replacing it with more veggies (yay for spinach and cauliflower! ) and fruits during the day. Been drinking a lot more water now than ever before, especially after running to and fro - ah, I've forgotten to try that detox experiment with apples and cinnamon. Need to remind myself to make a test sample of it this weekend.

And I decided to look up some stuff on Mom's Kindle regarding my PCOS condition, to see what else I could do to minimize my health risks and current symptoms... let's just say that I've given myself a week's worth of nightmares in one reading. But anyhow, at least I'm starting to figure out what I need to do to prevent the worst of it.

EDIT: My old briefcase bag seems to be killing me. I can feel the strain it's giving my left arm, from the wrist to the shoulder. Should I be concerned about this?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

I gave three lessons today. Two 45 minute lessons and one 60 minute lesson. Fun, but I am wrecked. In other news I am competing in powerlifting comps later this year.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    How did you guys do this week?
    Good despite having a cold (or something...geez...I haven't been this sick in ages! Is it the lack of sunlight here?). I started exercising in the shower. It sounds weird but it works well for me. I started doing crunches, too because I cannot continue with the amount of back pain I've been dealing with. That is working very well! That, coupled with a new drug I'm on seems to be helping me get better sleep (I'll have to wait and see...I could be extra tired because of this infection and getting to sleep b/c of that).
    I also found a diet plan that seems it will work well for me. A modified Mediterranean diet. I noticed that getting older means that I need to eat a lot less. This isn't so much of a problem as getting the right combination of foods so that I don't feel hungry, dissatisfied, or just overall bad. I'll see how it goes.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Today I woke up at a glorious 9:30am in long johns from yesterday.

Exercise: I wanted to go running, but events of the day mandated I recycle scrap metal during peak running hour times (aka sunlight). I'm SOOOO Happy that DST is coming up soon! I need my extra sunshine!! Instead, I worked out to good old fashioned P90X with an ab workout.

Food: Breakfast was a salad and half a piece of pita bread with kefir cheese on it with some hot green tea.. Lunch was sushi and I tried a date chocolate milk substitute recipe that turned out pretty good even though I lack carob powder and used cocoa instead.. it was really yummy actually. Slightly gritty in the sense that it's thicker than pure liquid and clearly was broken down solids, but the taste was good and it drank like thick chocolate milk. Then I cooked a black bean brownie recipe with coconut sugar, and that came out awesome! I had like 2 pieces of it. Dinner was 93% lean ground beef hamburger with lettuce and some ketchup. Coconut water post workout.

Edit: I've been doing a lot of research, and I've decided to try a vegan diet 75% of the time. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks.. With dinner up for interpretation still. Mostly because of the cost/time savings of just cutting up some vegetables and eating fruit, and because I feel better when I eat mostly fruits and vegetables. I'm still going to cook food, so I can't say it's going to be raw or anything, but it will be a huge time saver for me. Starting off with a salad today was more refreshing than I thought it'd be. I don't typically eat salad for breakfast since it's too savory for me..

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://neilarey.com/workouts.html?start=16 Anyone looking for some cool new workouts?!

Today I am going running! Whoo! Even though I dont have any headphones!

I got WAY too much sleep, almost 12 hours.. which isn't really good. I need to wake up in the mornings and move around earlier. So a goal for this week is to wake up at a decent hour even if I don't get up right away.

For breakfast I ate a date-chocolate-milk recipe (dates, water, chocolate stevia, coconut sugar, and cocoa powder), a banana, an orange, and a 93% lean ground beef and whole wheat hamburger with some ketchup and mustard and pickles on it. For lunch, some coconut chia seed granola cereal with the rest of the date-chocolate milk for milk. I need to fit in a liter of water in here soon so I'll be well hydrated for running. For dinner I want a salad, a green smoothie, and some red german cabbage with a bit of protein. But I might end up with sushi and a seaweed salad. Depends on how the evening goes.

My meal plan I created in a nutshell for Mid-to-late march:
    - Salad, fruit, and a drink for breakfast
    - Ploughman's lunch with pickles and leafy greens for my parents and a single piece of each and a green smoothie for me, and everyone gets a bit of sweetened oats with dried fruit
    - Coconut water after working out
    - Vegetable soup, steamed vegetables, a starch, and a protein for dinner
    - Ready on hand snacks and desserts.

.. We'll see how it actually flies with everyone though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

9th weekly update.

1. Improve eating habits, specifically eating between meals.
    I concentrated more on this this past week, and did a better job of being aware of when and what I eat, and consciously deciding: No, I'm not going to eat that now. If I can manage the "not now", often it becomes "not at all", which is what I am after.

2. Get more exercise: at least three times each week, in addition to martial arts practice.
    Still keeping up with 3x per week, and looking foward to outdoor time as the snow finally goes.

3. Weight loss.
    No change, but that's OK since my main purpose in this 3 months at least is developing and maintaining better habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm hoping we'll be able to extend this to 6 months.. anybody game? I've found it so valuable as a part of maintaining awareness of where I want to go and how I might get there.
    I'm in for 3 more months.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Week 9

Weekly Rate: 9/10

I did pretty darn awesome this week.

-veggies
    -yoga
    -tea
    -meditating

all of it....

(I'm going to bed right after this...so it's close enough to going to bed on time.)

- The only thing I didn't do was listen to someone.

I'm engaging when I'm conversing with ppl...so I listen, but I am still thinking about what I'm going to say. lol I would like to work on that. I'm pretty sure it will bring me into the moment more.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    http://neilarey.com/workouts.html?start=16 Anyone looking for some cool new workouts?!
    Bahahaa.

Your updates are making me crave coconut water!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Cardio

Cycling Distance Time
    Wed 5-Mar 5.6 23:00
    5.7 16:40
    Thu 6-Mar 6.0 26:40
    5.8 16:50
    Fri 7-Mar 5.2 19:50
    Sat 8-Mar 5.4 21:20
    10.4 48:15
    Sun 9-Mar 5.2 18:30
    49.3 3:11:05

Was a short week as I joined halfway through Tue but I think this target is about where it should be, I expect to meet it every week and slam it in on some (excluding hot weather) however it's not a given so serves as encouragement on mornings I wake up and don't feel inspired to ride to work.

1. Log 40 bike rides by 7 April: 32
    2. Ride to work minimum 3x a week:
    3. Log minimum overall distance of 45kms per week:

Strength/core

Push-ups Abs Weights
    Tue 4-Mar 30 10 mins 30 mins
    Wed 5-Mar 55 5 mins -
    Thu 6-Mar - - -
    Fri 7-Mar 55 - -
    Sat 8-Mar - - -
    Sun 9-Mar 60 - 40 mins

Have swiped the 100 push up challenge from Qlip's blog in order to have a structure to follow, have changed my goal to every other day in order to be able to push harder the following day without early fatigue due to not being recovered enough. Have completed W1 of the challenge and feel inspired to keep going with it each week, repeating any week where I can't get the required reps out. Am working on setting weights goals.

4. Push ups every other day:
    5. Ab set 4x per week:
    6. Weights set 2x per week:

Am finding the ab exercises boring which is an issue as boring means I may be pushed initially however in the end, I just won't do it. The only reason I have them on my "to-do" list is because I want to have some kind of strength and core work on a regular basis and I'm not going to lift weights more than 3 times a week. The push-up challenge works so need to find something else like that maybe and will probably make it lunges instead.

Diet

Breakfast Lunch Dinner
    Tue 4-Mar
    Wed 5-Mar
    Thu 6-Mar
    Fri 7-Mar
    Sat 8-Mar
    Sun 9-Mar

On days without interruptions I tend to be able to stick to the plan, Friday was all messed up and the weekends are an issue. Need to work on having simple options available for times when I don't feel like eating. It kinda feels to me like never ending eating, and this is only 3 small meals a day, have to work out something better here.

7. Market shopping once a fortnight:
    8. Add one new option to meal plans each week:
    9. Limit beer to max 7 per week: 5
    10. Consume 3 meals per day min: but it is still an improvement, I have eaten when I was uninspired because of this challenge