User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'd like to take a moment and welcome our newest participant, Kasper!

Also, I'd like to repeat Ivy's question: Who here is interested in extending this past April 6th?

Week 8 Participation List
    AngelLight2012
    Coriolis
    INTJMom
    Ivy
    Kasper
    kyuuei
    Qlip
    Udog
    Urarienev

@Randomnity
    @Redbone
    How did you guys do this week?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yay, I was wondering why you hadn't shown up yet! I'll add you to the list that I'll be posting in a few minutes. I don't know if you read the OP, but the gist is: We aren't tracking "cheats" this time around, and all we really ask is that you post a weekly summary on how you are doing. Every two weeks I'll Mention the people that we hadn't heard from in more than 7 days.

What are you currently doing for your fitness program?
    All good, cheats don't work for me, I'd rather set goals and if I fail use that as motivation to do better he next time.

Currently doing cycling for cardio and weights for upper body muscle growth, as well as crunches and the likes for core strength, and yoga when I get to it for de-stressing, although the cycling de-stresses enough most if the time. I'm finding plenty of motivation for cycling as I'm really enjoying it, need to ramp up the other though.

I'd like to take a moment and welcome our newest participant, Kasper!

Also, I'd like to repeat Ivy's question: Who here is interested in extending this past April 6th?
    \o/

My personal deadline for goals is August so would be stella for me to extend.
    Last edited by Kasper; 03-03-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: it makes no sence with the bonus t, none at all! >=(

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Right, Goals! \o/

My goal is to reduce body fat, increase muscle with a focus on upper body, and improve overall fitness levels. Food wise things are just dandy so long as I shop for food often enough as the biggest weakness (excluding tastytasty beer) is not eating enough/often.

My weeks will be logged from Mon through to Sun.

Cardio
    1. Ride to work minimum 3x a week (exceptions for 30+ degree weather)
    2. Log 40 bike rides by 7 April (min distance must be over 5kms)
    3. Log minimum overall distance of 45kms per week (if the temp is too high all week, indoor 3 x 30 min high intensity weights/medicine ball sets can replace)

Strength/core
    4. Daily push ups (not sure on target number yet, may switch to every other day)
    5. Daily ab set
    6. Weights sets, minimum 2x per week

Diet
    7. Market shopping once a fortnight
    8. Add one new option to meal plans each week
    9. Limit beer to max 7 per week
    10. Consume 3 meals per day min (meal replacement shakes can replace 2)
    Last edited by Kasper; 03-05-2014 at 06:06 AM.

What supplements, if I may ask?
    Fish oil
    Creatine
    Multi vitamin
    C4 (Pre workout supplement)
    Protein
    Amino drink powder.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

@Randomnity
    @Redbone
    How did you guys do this week?
    For the last completed week (week 8?) I did well on the bodyweight (3/3) and skipped 1/2 yoga nights again.

However I'm not doing so hot this week - missed my first bodyweight routine Sun, which is a very big danger sign. I tend to drop things all at once. I also predictably skipped yoga yesterday. I had some life stuff going on and could make excuses but the point is I didn't try hard enough. I absolutely need to get back on track tonight and get the bodyweight done, so I don't totally fall off the wagon.

For some extra motivation, I'll answer @Udog's question from awhile back about why I'm participating. I want to be healthy so that I will (have a greater chance to) live a long time, I guess, and I would like to slightly improve how I look, but probably my main reason is so I'm fit enough to do anything that I want to do. I haven't had the chance yet to do most of the travelling/adventure stuff that I've always wanted to do, but I fully plan to as soon as I'm able, and I want to be strong enough to do everything I want to do - multi-day challenging hikes, rock climbing, skiing, surfing, etc etc. That stuff isn't out of my reach now, but I want to be more fit so I can really make it count when I start putting down some real cash into trips like that. I have a short trip to BC coming up in late May and I have a lot of physical stuff planned so I want to be fit enough that I can do everything I want to do on that trip (mostly a lot of hiking, ziplining and sea kayaking).

On a more day to day level I want to be more fit because it makes me happy to feel strong, and I want to avoid being held back from things I feel like doing because I don't have enough strength/energy. I guess a lot of it is a control/independence thing - it seems like increased fitness gives me more freedom to do whatever I want.

I'm not sure the limited workout program I'm doing really makes that much of a difference to any of those goals, but it's a step in the right direction. I do feel stronger since starting, whether that's just psychological or not. I suppose it doesn't matter that much. I don't want to lose that progress by stopping now. So I'll get in my workout before I leave for volleyball tonight. Oh and I'm cool with continuing for 6 months (or indefinitely, really, since that's my own plan). I'll keep modifying my goals whenever it makes sense to do so.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Fish oil
    Creatine
    Multi vitamin
    C4 (Pre workout supplement)
    Protein
    Amino drink powder.
    Whey protein? Or do you favor a different protein supplement?

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm not sure the limited workout program I'm doing really makes that much of a difference to any of those goals, but it's a step in the right direction. I do feel stronger since starting, whether that's just psychological or not. I suppose it doesn't matter that much. I don't want to lose that progress by stopping now. So I'll get in my workout before I leave for volleyball tonight. Oh and I'm cool with continuing for 6 months (or indefinitely, really, since that's my own plan). I'll keep modifying my goals whenever it makes sense to do so.
    One thing I've been doing, even during my worst weeks, is being AWARE that I'm not meeting my goals. I would go from being OK with that to feeling bad about it, but I never quit trying. So if for some reason you do begin falling out, don't lose sight of where you want to be. Persistence is key.

Oh, and you know the 80-20 principle - where 80% of the results comes from 20% of the effort? That applies to exercise as well. Even 30 minute workout sessions a few times a week can have some significant health benefits. It isn't enough to train for major physical challenges, of course, but it still makes a big difference. So it's definitely worthwhile.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm game to go 6 months!
    I need to do it long enough to develop a good habit.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

YES! Please!

I have so much to work on lol

I have revised my goals here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2245158
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Whey protein? Or do you favor a different protein supplement?
    Whey. I used Gaspari before that had casein as well as whey. But lately I use Optimum Nutrition.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@Ivy Beef jerky is really awesome! I used to eat it a ton when I was in the desert because it was such a convenient form of heavy food+portability+precious sodium. A piece of beef jerky and water could tie me over for hours when I knew I needed to eat but never felt hungry because of the heat.

March 4th: I had a kind of frowny-faced day yesterday with the icy roads, icy rain I had to walk through, and a test I had to cram for. I did, however, make time to go to the rodeo so I walked around there for a while. It was fun. I also ate horribly awful... I cannot even remember what I ate, but I'm almost sure 90% of it was junk food.

March 5th: However, today I ate pretty decently. It's amazing what having an extra few hours in the morning does for me starting things off right. I had a home cooked green soup (broccoli, onion, garlic, celery, spinach, cilantro and parsley pureed with some lemon meat and herbes de Provence and juniper berries) with basmati dill rice, orange, banana, and some thin-sliced high quality bacon for breakfast.. sufficient hydration during school.. and vietnamese food for dinner. (some chicken broth with green onion, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce broth.. steamed rice with lots of hot sauce and hoisin sauce.. char-cooked chicken with an awesome hoisin-based sauce, vinegar carrots and cauliflower and a dipping sauce made from pepper, salt, and lime juice.) I still need to remember to eat breakfast. @_@ I did do my stretches for my hips too.

Overall: Yesterday, I sucked. Today, I rocked. And I'm okay with that if I can just keep rocking it out. Tomorrow is clinicals, so I'll probably chew on some oats and fruit for breakfast, stop by the grocery and grab some fruit and a thing of sushi for lunch, and eat a fig bar sort of thing while driving home to cook up a soup and salad for dinner.

It's the start of my spring break after tomorrow, and plenty of time for me to get things in shape for myself. I plan on at least hour-long work outs for the times I have off, and while I'm not really into extreme diets.. I was thinking it'd be a good time to test out something new diet-wise. I'm still working on the research for it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge