User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Sixth weekly update.

1. Improve eating habits, specifically eating between meals.
    Back to the pattern of good days and not so good, as before my trip. I find I am at least more mindful of what I am eating and when, so may just have to keep with this and continue to bring it slowly down, rather than expect a faster improvement. So, an adequate week.

2. Get more exercise: at least three times each week, in addition to martial arts practice.
    I had high hopes for getting back to the 3 times/week routine, but didn't, mostly due to bringing work home to make up for being gone last week. Only two real workouts, and had to miss martial arts due to work conflicts. So, a poor week all round. It was a real effort to get even those two sessions in, but that's good to the degree that, if I keep it up next week, should have no problem meeting or exceeding my quota.

3. Weight loss.
    Still holding at - 2lbs.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I stepped on the scale this week. I haven't wanted to do this since weight loss is not one of my goals and I'm not restricting in any way, but I wanted a peek. Down 12lbs since the challenge started. Holy crap that felt nice. But I'm trying not to get too excited- I don't want to put on the diet blinders. Anyway.

In other news, I've run out of clever ways to say all the elements of my challenge.

Food- 7/7. No binges. Even enjoying meals at this point and not thinking about how awful everything is in them.
    Movement- 4/7. Didn't make 5K steps every day and didn't do the bodyweight app. But had a good time and felt good. Noah and I went hiking yesterday, along the Eno river, and it was great. The snow is melting so it was pretty soggy, but we had a nice time together. And the dog got lots of attention. People seem to think he's a good looking mutt, and I guess he is, even if he annoys the piss out of me daily.
    Sleep- 5/7. Mostly okay but I still seem to be staying up too late a couple times a week. Can't seem to let go of the late-night solitude altogether. I'll try to keep it confined to weekends as much as possible.
    Connections- 6/7. See above for hike with husband. Kids went to my mom's this weekend and I missed them but it was nice to have some grownup time. Saw my dad and grandmother last night when we met for dinner and to pick up the kids. Didn't talk to my mom, though. I thought she'd be coming to dinner last night, but she didn't. She doesn't have a lot of patience for my grandmother (her MIL) who, it's true, does talk about her health pretty much exclusively. She's 94 and has congestive heart failure and has been in and out of the hospital, though, so I guess I figure that's fair, and she won't be around forever, so I want to see all I can of her before then. I guess I'll call my mom today. I hope she's not isolating herself too much. She tends to do that when she's in crisis mode. Anyway, gotta check in with her and let her ramble at me about Jesus. It comforts her and I need to get over the discomfort about hearing it, I think, if I'm going to meet her where she is and fully connect with her.

Anyway, that's it. We'll call the week a 5/7 all told. I feel good about it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Week 6 update:

First off, I'm damn proud of myself for sticking to the daily weekday exercise despite the past week of working 10-12h days (and all weekend), most especially last night after a full weekend of work without enough sleep (children visiting = no sleeping in, and I couldn't manage to get to bed early enough, ugh), my computer freaking out and needing an emergency reformatting (which thank god looks like it solved the problem and it hopefully wasn't my expensive video card dying), and related stress/crankiness.

Main goals:

1) bodyweight done 3/3 nights. I also finally got to 10 pushups, which was my goal before adding new exercises. It's a little embarrassing that it took me so long to get there - I really have no upper body strength at all, so that was actually a massive improvement. Up to 20 lbs on the bent-over dumbbell row.

2) yoga done both nights. I'm not really feeling it, though. I might think about this goal and switch to something else, either new yoga exercises or something different.

3) ankle exercises - I've gotten pretty good at linking these to my night-time tooth brushing. I usually make it 6/7 nights which is good enough for me. I've started stretching my hamstrings afterwards, too, in case that helps - I remember it seemed to help ankle pain in the past. I'm still not sure if it's helping - my ankle seems mostly ok, but still hurts sometimes throughout the day. When I have more time I'll go to the sports doctor finally.

Added goals:

4) start exercise by 11 pm - failed miserably, I'm giving up on this goal. I usually start around 11:30 and it's not a major problem so it's not worth the large mental effort needed to stop procrastinating on it.

5) eat one healthy meal a day - I think I passed but I'm scrubbing this goal as well. I'm just not really remembering to think of it on a daily basis, I don't feel like making more of an effort, and from my food tracking it seems like I'm doing OK for getting protein and greens anyway.

So I'm scrubbing goals 4 and 5. I've been tracking my meals (to see calories and protein) most days but am deliberately not making that into a goal because that will make it instantly not fun anymore and I'll stop doing it. I actually kinda like tracking stuff like this when I don't force myself into it, if that makes sense. I'll probably end up tracking some days and not others, which is fine by me (I missed yesterday). And I've stopped weighing everything, so some things are estimated.

For week 7 (day 1 was yesterday) I've added triceps pushups and bulgarian split squats to my bodyweight routine, as kindof an upgrade to the regular pushups and squats. The rest I'll keep the same for now. I might switch up the yoga nights too, not sure how yet though. I'll also think about whether I want to add another new diet/lifestyle goal to replace the ones I'm ditching. I think I'm relatively OK on exercise for now, at least for the amount of time I'm willing to dedicate to it.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Here's my update:

This week, frankly, sucked. I'm finally at the point where I've always failed in the past. The cravings for junk food increase 10 fold, while I lose all motivation to exercise and eat better. The why of all this probably goes beyond the scope of this thread. Anyways, I failed at all 3 of my goals, and quite spectacularly at that.

I did only gain a pound, so it wasn't a completely disaster. First and foremost, my goal is to limit the damage that my current mindset does on my long term goals. In the past, I usually gain 10-15 pounds until my body has had enough, and I get motivated to work out again. Not this time. My singular goal is to maintain my current weight until I regain my footing.

I'm modifying my goals a bit. In order of priority.

1. Focus on eating healthy food at every meal. If I must eat junk, it will be AFTER I get a dose of healthy, nutritious food.
    2. Sleep 7.5 hours.
    3. Change my routine to a shorter, easier 30 minute routine.

I will try to do the workout in the morning, but we'll see. The sleep is the higher priority goal, because my lack of sleep over the past few weeks is causing issues.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Thanks to everyone that has already posted their updates. I look forward to the opportunity at redemption this week... but for now, let's talk about our current participation list.

Week 6 Participation List:
    AngelLight2012
    Coriolis
    INTJMom
    Ivy
    kyuuei
    Randomnity
    Udog
    Urarienev

Here are a few of you that I still need to hear from:
    @prplchknz
    @Redbone
    @highlander
    @Qlip

How are things going for you guys?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As I sit here eating a bowl of ice cream, it occurs to me that I should probably drop out.

I am determined. Just not right now.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

I posted I give up, but i think it was in the wrong, thread sorry for which ever thread that was in. because I wasn't paying attention.so I don't know; I found it and deleted it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Udog Reporting in! I'm doing terribly. I haven't lost any additional weight and I ate a pasta sauce with sausage in it home-cooked by a kitchen full of Thai women, my first time going non veggie. Apparently when drinking I make bad choices.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Getting closer to being on track! Next week I start my more official schedule for the rest of the semester.. that'll be interesting.

Eating has been going well at school with my new little system of ziplock-box meals and disposable oatmeal cups.. I may do that for my house meals as well though.

This last week I started into P90X again, I'd really like to get my hands on the 30 minute workouts they do to test them out vs Jillian Michaels.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

If you're game, I have a question for those who are struggling. Why do you wish to change to a healthier lifestyle? What are you hoping to accomplish?

(I'll answer the question myself, but I need a day to think on it.)