First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 4 Participation List

As promised, here is the newest and shiniest participation list. We did lose two people this week, so let us have a moment of silence before moving on. *bows head*

If you find yourself struggling, please to not hesitate to post in this thread to vent or ask for advice. That's what this thread is for. And remember, it's okay to adjust your goals.

Here is are current list:
    AngelLight2012
    Coriolis
    Glycerine
    INTJMom
    Ivy
    kyuuei
    prplchknz
    Qlip
    Randomnity
    Udog
    Urarienev

Also:
    @highlander
    @Redbone

We haven't heard from you guys in awhile - how are things coming along?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Would it be possible to slip in a quick session in the morning, just to get the blood flowing?
    Absolutely Not. I am the farthest thing from a morning person one can imagine. Trying to fit anything into the morning other than bare necessities is a lost cause. I know myself well enough not to try it. Better to exercise in the evening even if it means staying up later - which I usually do anyway - but this week, I'm out late with my work activities. Still, got a good workout in last night, and should be good for at least one more this week. That plus walking, plus no snacks around, and the week shouldn't be half bad.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Also:
    @highlander
    @Redbone

Well, I have been still buried with work and am still not working out but eating healthier since the middle of January. My mom is also now critically ill and in the hospital, making it more difficult to find time to do much of anything. So, I still intend on starting to work out again but I have not yet started.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Absolutely Not. I am the farthest thing from a morning person one can imagine.
    Say no more; I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well, I have been still buried with work and am still not working out but eating healthier since the middle of January. My mom is also now critically ill and in the hospital, making it more difficult to find time to do much of anything. So, I still intend on starting to work out again but I have not yet started.
    I'm pretty convinced that diet is far more important than exercise. (Beyond the basic idea of not sitting down all day at least.) So that's a definite win.

And sorry about your mom. I hope she is able to have a speedy recovery.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Also:
    @highlander
    @Redbone

Here I am! I keep forgetting to check in so thanks for the tap.

My diet is still going well. I need to keep a really careful watch on my carb intake. I really don't feel well when I eat too many. I'm under a huge amount of stress and I want a cookie...lots cookies. But I feel much better when I don't so....

No word on when my PT is supposed to begin.

I'm still continuing to do my stretches and some of the exercises I've been taught every afternoon but I haven't been walking at all because I'm too tired (and it's just too damn cold here) when I get home. I have to do a lot of standing, walking, pushing, pulling, etc., at my clinical site. The good is that I'm getting some activity! The bad is that it's pretty tiring and shows how sedentary I've been.

Hmm...I haven't done anything for the past two days...several sick in the house and it's been a little crazy.

No pool just yet...can't afford the membership fees.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Say no more; I understand.
    Put another way, there are only 24 hours in a day. It is always better for me to make time in the evening, but in this case, the time will come out of sleep, whether in the morning or at night. I'm drawing the line here, as I need my sleep, especially when travelling (and needing to be alert in the morning).
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I think I did pretty good for week four

Gonna give it a 7/10 - decent

I am going to be changing my goals up a little. I pretty much have been eating raw/steamed veggies more than 3-4 days a week now. Which is way more than I expected.

I have been slacking on having a routine for exercise.

I think I'm going to make it a goal that I have to stretch everyday. No matter what. Cause I know if I stretch I will want to workout. It just puts me in that frame of mind. I will do it at night after work.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've come to like working out in the morning, although it's causing me problems when it comes to getting enough sleep. If I can figure out the sleep part, it really solves a lot of my problems. Plus, getting up early when I have the day off from exercise means I get to do something relaxing for an hour before work... like read a book or do a bit of coursework. It's actually pretty awesome.
    Someone mentioned today to me about seasonal depression.. and I think I definitely suffer from that. I dislike going outside currently, have trouble getting up and motivated to get started, but once I'm moving I'm fine.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I've now drilled in the habit of carrying a fruit - any fruit, whether it's an apple, a banana or even a bunch of grapes - and my water bottle with me every day. I think it's helping a lot, I at least feel good about eating fresher foods and drinking plenty of water during the day.

It's still very cold in Chicago, so no outside running for me; but I do take brisk walks whenever I can, mostly during lunch break. (And I have a treadmill at home that I've been putting off using in the evenings for quite a while - shame on me! - but I'll try and motivate myself to use it now.)
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    I've now drilled in the habit of carrying a fruit - any fruit, whether it's an apple, a banana or even a bunch of grapes - and my water bottle with me every day. I think it's helping a lot, I at least feel good about eating fresher foods and drinking plenty of water during the day.
    I think that the remembering is the hard part for me. Until it's a routine that is.

I have been trying to do that too though! I should get banana's! They're awesome for on the go!

I'm checking in for Week 5

Weekly Rate: 8/10

I feel really good. I am eating a lot of veggies now. I just have to add more fruit so that I feel full, faster. Fruit also helps me feel like I don't need to eat as much chocolate.

We will see how well I do with yoga coming up, and stretching every day, in week 6 though.

I have not taken any initiative to stretch this week...maybe the yoga will get my mind in gear.

Also I've come to the conclusion that it's very hard for me to stop and smell the roses...let alone fully experience the food I'm eating. I think it's a mental thing....so the psychological part's gonna take some time to figure out. I don't know why I used to be able to do it...and now I don't. Anyways...I'm cutting that goal WAY down. From every meal....to now I'm just going to try for once a week. Not 3 times a day. :P

Also I know once I can get the mechanical part of it down, like counting how many times I chew....that will help. This pretty much is going to require me to have to have less stimulation going on while I'm eating (Like TV, or Typo C, etc lol) Which is fine in my book, I don't feel like being a zombie in front of a screen while I'm eating. I just have to remember I don't! lol That's the hard part. I need a drill sergeant!

(God if this doesn't sound like 6w7 ^ lol...can't slow down to experience things, and can't trust myself to remember to slow down to experience things )
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12