User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Wink Chaotic Harmony's New Booty!

    I'm finally back on the fitness wagon after falling off of it numerous times! I've picked up my personal trainer again, I'm eating better, and I'm putting my gym membership to use. I'm actually slowly easing my way into a raw/organic lifestyle. It can be challenging, because the area I live in hasn't fully embraced the organic foods. We have a couple of organic friendly stores, but their hours make shopping there a challenge, except on the weekends. The cost is also another big killer, so I'll really have to watch my budget.

    So far, so good. I started on January 23 and I'm already down 5.5 pounds.


  2. #2
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Nice, I hope it goes well for you!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    I'm finally back on the fitness wagon after falling off of it numerous times! I've picked up my personal trainer again, I'm eating better, and I'm putting my gym membership to use. I'm actually slowly easing my way into a raw/organic lifestyle. It can be challenging, because the area I live in hasn't fully embraced the organic foods. We have a couple of organic friendly stores, but their hours make shopping there a challenge, except on the weekends. The cost is also another big killer, so I'll really have to watch my budget.

    So far, so good. I started on January 23 and I'm already down 5.5 pounds.
    I've tried the paleo diet, although the "lifestyle" was more interesting to me than the diet per se, but most of the sources I've read suggest that the best diet for my health (I'm a type 2 diabetic who's still losing weight to achieve BMI perfect) are meditteranean (spelling) or Japanese and I dont know a lot about either.

    Glad to hear you're on the health and fitness wagon again, I find it needs to be a totally holistic thing, integrated into everything, therefore not needing so much conscious thought as to make it detestable or irritating.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've tried the paleo diet, although the "lifestyle" was more interesting to me than the diet per se, but most of the sources I've read suggest that the best diet for my health (I'm a type 2 diabetic who's still losing weight to achieve BMI perfect) are meditteranean (spelling) or Japanese and I dont know a lot about either.

    Glad to hear you're on the health and fitness wagon again, I find it needs to be a totally holistic thing, integrated into everything, therefore not needing so much conscious thought as to make it detestable or irritating.
    Yeah, the paleo lifestyle is kind of interesting to me. So far, I really enjoy the raw lifestyle. Getting raw milk is a challenge, so I tend to stick with coconut or almond milk instead. I vaguely looked into the Mediterranean diet, but hadn't heard of the Japanese one.

    Last night I got some seriously funny looks from family. We went to my nephew's birthday party, and they ordered a bunch of pizzas. I walked in with a salad for me. I took a lot of abuse for it, but hey it's my decision to eat healthy and if they want to poke fun at me over it that's fine.


  5. #5
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    I want to eat healthier!! Maybe you will inspire me to do so.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  6. #6
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I want to eat healthier!! Maybe you will inspire me to do so.
    It can be hard to resist the temptation when it's constantly shoved in your face, but I managed to stand my ground yesterday! It helps to resist temptation when I'm back into working out and taking walking breaks, too.


  7. #7
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Last night was probably the best session I've ever had with my trainer. I definitely felt the burn in my core all night, and even still this morning! Not to mention my arms are still a little wimpy this morning. And my quads are still kicking my ass as well.

    Started the morning off with an all natural/raw/organic chocolate banana nut smoothie. I do believe it has changed my mind about smoothies! Tomorrow morning I'll be trying a smoothie with kale in it... Not so sure about that one... Hoping the berries in it cover up the kale flavor.

    So far since starting, I'm down seven pounds. Here's to hoping I can break the ten pound marker by next week!


  8. #8
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Negative on the breaking the ten pound marker, but at least I didn't gain. I stayed the same. I'm not really surprising, given Mother Nature delivered my monthly gift. Knowing that it was coming I've been resisting all my usual PMS temptations... The Girl Scout cookies still remain unopened. My dark chocolate pomegranates are still unopened. I didn't eat junk every single date, just on my cheat meal.

    I even got a new hair cut to make myself feel better about my looks. Oddly enough, that's helped me with my confidence and energy. I think I'm thriving off all the compliments I've been getting. Especially considering a lot of them are coming from people I don't even know. I also noticed that my pants are fitting a little looser than they have been lately. So, if I can just push through this week I think I'll be able to stay on track.

    I wish my gym wasn't near as crowded as it is. I may have to start breaking out the workout DVDs if it doesn't lighten up soon. Not sure what's happened at my gym, but all of a sudden it's been taken over my teens and kids... WTF?


  9. #9
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    It sounds crazy, but I'm shooting for a gallon of water consumed a day. So far of the 128 ounces I need, I'm at 104 oz once I finish off my current bottle of water. I'll likely get the last ounces needed at the gym tonight. I plan on spending at least an hour there. Time to push myself! I pushed myself past what I thought my limits were and I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be the next day. That tells me I didn't work hard enough.


  10. #10
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Seeing results is really something. Right now, I'm looking for foods I can eat in mass quantities that aren't totally unhealthy. I've never been able to drop my last few percentages of body fat, even when doing two-a-days in football. I think diet may be key.


    Anyways, keep up the work!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2017, 04:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2017, 05:58 AM
  3. Only in New Orleans (beware, booty content)
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO