User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    If you have suggestions, I'll gladly hear them. Can't guarantee I'll follow them, but knowledge/information is always good!
    You seem to have a good mix of strength training and cardio. I think women always tend to feel 'blah' and shy away from lifting weights and strength training, but actually we probably need it more than males do. Also, building up lean toned muscle is what is going to give you the ability to burn more fat in a workout. It raises your metabolism tremendously.

I'd seriously consider at least one day of pushing around some dumbbells (free weights) to force your body to balance the weight and engage more muscles during similar activities you would complete on a machine. Machines are safer and you can lift more weight that way, dumbbells you lower the weight, do more reps, and you are the safety measure so it engages more muscles to balance, lift, and lower the weights between reps. Plenty of magazines have work-out routines made for women online if you're unsure of how to use dumbbells. I rather like the routines in Women's Health.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I totally misread the title of this thread!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

A work-out tune to keep you motivated!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw"]Whip It![/YOUTUBE]
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yesterday I got all ready to do my workout video... and discovered it had been removed from Netflix Streaming. BAGS! I had to make do with an old DVD I had, that totally isn't as good. :pout: Just bought two new videos because apparently Netflix isn't having exercise videos on streaming anymore...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    You seem to have a good mix of strength training and cardio. I think women always tend to feel 'blah' and shy away from lifting weights and strength training, but actually we probably need it more than males do. Also, building up lean toned muscle is what is going to give you the ability to burn more fat in a workout. It raises your metabolism tremendously.

I'd seriously consider at least one day of pushing around some dumbbells (free weights) to force your body to balance the weight and engage more muscles during similar activities you would complete on a machine. Machines are safer and you can lift more weight that way, dumbbells you lower the weight, do more reps, and you are the safety measure so it engages more muscles to balance, lift, and lower the weights between reps. Plenty of magazines have work-out routines made for women online if you're unsure of how to use dumbbells. I rather like the routines in Women's Health.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    A work-out tune to keep you motivated!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw"]Whip It![/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ[/YOUTUBE]

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is a good idea. I'll look into some workouts and maybe try to start some free weights this week. Thanks!

My blog:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Plenty of magazines have work-out routines made for women online if you're unsure of how to use dumbbells. I rather like the routines in Women's Health.
    I found this one online that I think seems pretty good:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wome...ning-guide.htm

I'll probably have to skip some of the standing barbell ones or modify them to use dumbbells, because I have an old lower back injury that I have to be careful about. And handstand push ups?? Just not gonna happen! But the rest of the routine sounds doable.

My blog:

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I found this one online that I think seems pretty good:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wome...ning-guide.htm

I'll probably have to skip some of the standing barbell ones or modify them to use dumbbells, because I have an old lower back injury that I have to be careful about. And handstand push ups?? Just not gonna happen! But the rest of the routine sounds doable.
    I can't get my browers to open up the page, our internet here isn't the greatest, but if it has things like straight-bars and handstand push-ups its probably a more advanced workout routine, so you're right in ignoring those and just sticking with tried-and-true dumbbell work outs.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Okay... as of Saturday, I successfully complete 3 weeks of working out 6 days/week!! Yay me! (Sorry, I'm a bit proud of myself for that!)

This week I think I'll only be able to fit in 5, because after Fest practice yesterday I was too beat, and on Thursday I'm going to dinner and the circus with my mom so I won't have time. But 5/7 is still good!

On Saturday I did incorporate some free weights. Not much, just dumbbell rows, tricep presses, and lunges and squats while holding dumbbells.

My blog:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've decided for the next 3 weeks, since I think I've got thee exercising thing under control, I will add more focus on eating a healthier diet.

I got some recipes yesterday for green smoothies. I think that will help me get more veggies in, plus smoothies make a good dessert, so maybe it will cut down the amount of sweet cravings I get. Yesterday I made one with spinach, blueberries, banana, and vanilla yogurt. It looked kind of nasty, but it was delicious and didn't require any extra sweetener. Yay!

Also made it to the gym yesterday even though I was totally unmotivated. Luckily, my husband was not unmotivated. It's amazing how much easier it is to do the elliptical machine when he is just on the machine next to me... even if we aren't talking or anything, for some reason just having him there makes the time go faster. Usually, I struggle to do 20-25 on one machine because I just get bored. So then I mix machines (like 20 minutes of elliptical and 15 minutes of bicycle), which is fine, but it's nice to put in a solid block on one machine, too. I was able to do 35 minutes on the elliptical easily yesterday, and then I added 15 minutes on the bike for good measure. I didn't do weights because I was still sore from my weight lifting on Saturday, but I'll do weights today.

My blog: