• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting "The Great One" back in sexy shape

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I was inspired by [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] to create this thread. Lately I've been exercising and I'm posting on this thread in order to let others know how my progress is doing. I do a regular routine of jogging everyday. I've dropped 10 pounds already!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Awesome! If anything will whip you into shape, running will. Just make sure you don't over do it and mess up your knees or shins, or anything else.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Awesome! If anything will whip you into shape, running will. Just make sure you don't over do it and mess up your knees or shins, or anything else.

I have some sort of gagging problem that allows me to push it as far as I would like. So I couldn't push it that far even if I wanted to. However, I'm in the process of solving that problem.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here is an interesting video on some pretty sexy shapes!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm going to have have to push it to the limit the over the next few days. It's been raining the last few days so I haven't been able to exercise.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
if youre just starting out id advise against pushing too hard uness you have a running coach r something taht you are working with.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The best advise I ever got about exercise is: make your short, hard efforts shorter and harder, and make your long, slow efforts longer and slower.
1) So do 2 to 5 sprint drills ( 30 seconds as hard as you can, then 30 seconds rest; repeat, maybe once a week to start.) Stairs work great for this.
2) Run slowly, 3 to 6 miles.
It seems counter-intuitive, but the hard/short stuff will make dramatic improvements in your top end speed and endurance.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Damn it, it just rained again today. Once again, I was not really able to exercise. At least I got a little walking in though.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what's your exercise routine like?

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
good start. What else do you have in mind? do you plan to have a weight-bearing exercise routine ?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
good start. What else do you have in mind? do you plan to have a weight-bearing exercise routine ?

I'm thinking about it. I'm just doing one thing at a time for now. I may incorporate some push ups into the routine. We will have to see.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you trying to lose weight or just reduce body fat %?

khys

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have some sort of gagging problem that allows me to push it as far as I would like. So I couldn't push it that far even if I wanted to. However, I'm in the process of solving that problem.

I want to take this comment out of context all the time from now on.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So this gagging problem is really bothering me. I just can't exercise hard without gagging. I guess I'm going to stick to power walking until I can solve this problem