• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting Disco back in fighting shape

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but have you considered a whey protein? It'll help with muscle growth/the pain and definitely your energy level. I'm back to my 1500 cal a day + whatever I burn on the treaadmill self.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but have you considered a whey protein? It'll help with muscle growth/the pain and definitely your energy level. I'm back to my 1500 cal a day + whatever I burn on the treaadmill self.

Get muscle milk: that shit is awesome!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've been in the hospital since Tuesday with a blown out quad. I injured it last Sat.

Needless to say, it will be a little while before I'm back on the bike. :(

A

A window to the soul

get-well-17.gif

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Thanks for all the support guys.

To be perfectly honest, being stuck in a hospital bed for this long and being this young is really starting to mess with my head, and I was getting a little depressed.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've been in the hospital since Tuesday with a blown out quad. I injured it last Sat.

Needless to say, it will be a little while before I'm back on the bike. :(

Oh shit. Now that's what I call pushing a workout to the limit.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
226.5 lbs.

Ate reasonably at the hospital, and lost some more weight.

Now just to continue the trend.

I'm going to be getting a heavy bag to hang at the house.

Something like this:

[YOUTUBE="GxhzLl-6bOo"]Fairtex Banana bag[/YOUTUBE]

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
From my private blog:

What I had was called Rhabdomyolysis.

Basically I damaged the muscle while over exerting it during strenuous exercise. I had been surfing for the first time in years, I was a little dehydrated from that. Then I went in the pool to get the salt off and was launching my friend off my shoulders and then wrestled him a little in the pool.

That exertion led my muscle to start breaking down. This breakdown released CPK and myoglobin into my bloodstream. These toxins can gum up my kidneys. I had to stay in the hospital while they flushed my kidneys with a saline drip, and while my thigh knitted itself back together (which didn't take as long).

The Doc's were super confused, they usually only see this kind of injury in guys training at fort Hood in Texas in the extreme heat.

My leg is still a bit wobbly, but I can manage stairs slowly, I'll be back on the bike in no time.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Hope you are better soon.

So there is some benefit of hospital food after all.;)

Thanks Falcarius.

It's always fun to see you post...

It's like "ooohh shh.... everyone there it is. The wild Falcarius. It posts occasionally and is always entertaining. Let's try not to disturb it." :cheers:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius was going to post in your ''The Conservative Answer to Liberal complaints'' thread earlier today, but he lost the post as he was auto-logged off the forum for taking too long writing a wall of text.:doh: