Socionics
    INT_

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I've been sick, so I haven't worked out, but I've been eating well. I decided to switch things up a little since I've been stuck at the same weight for a while, so I rejoined Weight Watchers online and I'm tracking points. For breakfast, I have a whole banana, protein shake mixed with fish oil and greens, light mid morning snack, protein shake for lunch with a large salad (cucumbers, carrots, etc) topped with fat free blue cheese dressing, afternoon snack, which is usually crisp and light wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese and dill pickle slices on each cracker. For dinner I've been having 6 ounces of protein and one sugar free pudding. Nothing else after that. I will likely lose 2 pounds in a week eating this way without exercise. I did go out to lunch with friends for my Bday on Tuesday and had a burger, but didn't eat the bun, french fries and a few bites of chocolate mousse.

Weird thing, when I work out I don't seem to lose weight any faster than when I don't and sometimes I don't seem to lose any. Some say it's because I am building muscle, but since muscle and fat truly weigh the same, how can that be??

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know the contest already started like two weeks ago but Im going to join in for fun and health and stuff.

My current goal is to do power yoga for an hour at least three times a week, with speed walking or jogging for 30 minutes the other day or two, equaling 4-5 days a week, minimum, 6 max.

If for any reason I can't attend the power yoga classes Ill resume jogging 3-4 days per week with core strengthening exercise.

Other fun things Im doing this summer include swimming, biking, and roller skating you know whenever.

My diet will be low in refined sugar, and Im also putting an alcohol restriction on myself of no more than three glasses of wine per week or less.

I also need to consistently drink tea or coffee instead of diet soda. I really want to limit my diet soda intake bc of the affect it has on bones.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I've been erging or running. I had to scale down my rowing plan because my left arm muscles were a lot weaker than I thought they would be and it was hurting in a bad way. I'll work it up as my body lets me.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Last week: not the best. Still no running. Walked 3 days, tracked food 3 days.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Had one cheat day last week (couldn't ride because of the weather) and didn't ride on sat or sun because I was at the TPC on Sat. and it was Mother's day Sun.

I'll be back on it today.

Instead of my agreed to 5 days a week, last week I only rode 4 days.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    I've been sick, so I haven't worked out, but I've been eating well. I decided to switch things up a little since I've been stuck at the same weight for a while, so I rejoined Weight Watchers online and I'm tracking points. For breakfast, I have a whole banana, protein shake mixed with fish oil and greens, light mid morning snack, protein shake for lunch with a large salad (cucumbers, carrots, etc) topped with fat free blue cheese dressing, afternoon snack, which is usually crisp and light wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese and dill pickle slices on each cracker. For dinner I've been having 6 ounces of protein and one sugar free pudding. Nothing else after that. I will likely lose 2 pounds in a week eating this way without exercise. I did go out to lunch with friends for my Bday on Tuesday and had a burger, but didn't eat the bun, french fries and a few bites of chocolate mousse.

Weird thing, when I work out I don't seem to lose weight any faster than when I don't and sometimes I don't seem to lose any. Some say it's because I am building muscle, but since muscle and fat truly weigh the same, how can that be??
    you still should work out because this speeds up your metabolism (meaning eat more weigh less, within reason); also muscle makes you look better bc you appear more toned even if your weight is about the same or only slightly lower by ten lbs or so. Muscle also burns more calories than fat.

Its not about weight, its about inches and muscle to fat ratio.

If you drop a fixation on a magic weight number and focus on overall fitness, and looking toned, you'll look good and be healthier...which is what you want, right?

I know some people hate exercise, but it does wonders for your mood sleep and overall health. Plus you don't have to be as strict with your diet (though ofc you still need to eat sensibly.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Switching up my exercise plans to go cardio kickboxing with one of my friends. She's got a lot of weight to lose and has been doing group classes at the gym, so I'll probably just adapt to whatever kind of exercise she wants to do.
    Last edited by Usehername; 05-15-2012 at 04:49 AM.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Last week: thread updated.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday: Tennis. Played a bit of marathon tennis Friday and Sat.
    Continued the food journal, although I ate fairly poorly. It's not helping... yet.

I'll have a 3 day weekend for the next two weeks, so I'll be using that to create a new routine that mixes lifting with the tennis.