• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2012 Summer TypeC Health and Exercise Challenge

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have another good week behind me.

5 days riding 2 days off.

My speed is increasing as is my endurance.

Usehername

On a mission
I'm off to Philly for a conference so my augmented goals are pushups, wall-sits, and twisty-situps.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Played tennis 5 times last week.
Restarted my food journal. (I was bad for 2 weeks.)

Next week I begin new goals.

Mertonchavez

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Oh I wish I had seen this May 1st! What a great idea!

Goals: Exercise 6x times a week: 3 days running, 3 days rowing, or cycling, or swimming, with some weight training
Eat fairly clean, mostly veggies, fruit, lean meats, and some dairy
Main Goal: lose 9lbs and get in shape enough to compete in triathlon!

And I'll allow myself one treat a day :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I drop out, me being healthy is like seeing an anorexic elephant, ain't gonna happen

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did all my exercises last week.

Gonna try and hit the gym this week. So far a family member's surgery and a busted water heater are resisting my efforts. I suspect I'll be using a cheat, but we'll see.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know im a month late but can i still get in? lol

goals
-be able to do 15 pull-ups by the end of the last man standing competition (my current is 3)
-be able to do 50 push-ups by the end of the last man standing competition (my current is 35)
-be able to jog (tbd) minutes without stopping by the end of the last man standing competition (will time myself tomorrow when there's daylight)
-work out at least 4x per week (workout will include pull-ups, cardio, and push-ups in that order with optional ab/oblique excersise)

ya, i'm a weakling, lol

potential issues
-short attention span with stuff you have to do daily-weekly like this
-3 week vacation starting on June 16th
-inconsistancy with schedules (i'll work out when i feel like it, but if i'm determined enough i'll get all my days in)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I think I'm going to be getting back on the bike next week.

My leg is finally almost back to normal.

222 lbs... 12 lbs down.

Usehername

On a mission
Yeah, I haven't worked out since Monday. I was in Georgia for work, but didn't even do push ups or sit ups.

So I'm out of the competition but I'm going to keep posting in an effort to strive for better. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1 cheat last week. I exercised, but didn't come close to my dietary goals. That's 10 left.

Usehername

On a mission
Today I:

rowed (metric) 4x100m; 3x100; 2x100, 1x100.
ran (imperial): 1 mile. I can't actually run the full mile yet so I'm rotating between running and walking.

My overall goal is to be able to row 2k and run a 5k at least once a week at the gym, and to row and run enough on other days of the week that sustaining the 2000m row and 5k run is no big deal.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2 cheats over the past 2 weeks. Good exercise, bad diet. That leaves me at 8.

Oh, and I FINALLY tried Crossfit. I loved it! It's been a very long time since a workout wiped me out so completely. My car is a stick shift, and on the way home, I couldn't keep the clutch engaged during a red light. My foot just kept on slowly lifting up, and I had to put the car back in neutral before I stalled the car. Heh.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Might start a thread here in the next week or so! Gotta check with my workout buddy first, to see whether she wants to go with my plan.

So excited!!! Fingers crossed!