• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crystal gets going.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope y'all don't mind. Even though I didn't get organized in time, I still would like to participate, and document my goals, and actual exercise, as well as other relevant stuff.

Goals for this week ending 9/9:
Go for a 30 min walk x 2. Will be difficult as I'm on call this week.
Meditate for at 20 mins x3, when on eight hour break. This eases that wired feeling I get.
Set food plan for the next two weeks, I'm still deciding my approach food wise, but I'm leaning towards the paelo/zone way of eating. It just makes sense to me. I won't make too many adjustments food wise this week. Not while I'm on shift, and on call. Make decision on food plan, LOL.
Take my measurements. (and get measuring tape).
Start slowly weaning myself off Caffine and cigerettes.
Document my efforts!!!!!

P.s. Could a very nice mod fix my slight spelling/grammar mistake in the title? Thank you in advance.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P.s. Could a very nice mod fix my slight spelling/grammar mistake in the title? Thank you in advance.
I'm assuming you meant crystals --> crystal, if not let me know :laugh:

ps nice goals. :rock:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This morning I went for a 30 min walk @1130, as it heats up I won't be able to go out so late in the morning, being out in the desert, both the heat and the sun will be too intense. I'll have to swap to a nice air conditioned gym when it gets really hot, but for now I enjoyed the walk looking at potential houses to buy and stuff.
I also meditated for 30 minutes (it was quite hard today), but it did solve a problem, that I generally have when I exersize before going to work. I get quite wound up normally (I don't know if I have anxiety problems or not, but I was peaceful and relaxed when I started today.) I can't find a tape measure amongst my things for love or money! A friend is going to nick some from her ward and drop them off tonight, if she remembers. I do have scales some where but I probably hid them some where wierd.
Food wise, until I set my food plan (I need my measurements etc to do so), basically no sugary drinks, chocolate, potato chips etc. That's easy enough. My personal dead line for the food plan is Sunday Night.

Must get Nicotine patches!!!! Next week will be D-day for Cigerettes. I would do it sooner, but whilist on call it's an exersize in pointlessness. Best to wait, until I can guarantee a semi-routine.

LOL, Eye of the Tiger is playing on my i-pod right now. It's getting serious!
If I don't get called out on Friday or Saturday night I want to go Tai Chi on Saturday and Les Mills Balance on Sunday, but that is a matter of luck. It's best not to make plans. More of a wish list until I get off call.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, decided to go paelo, rather than the zone, because it's yummier, and easier. I mean bacon, mushrooms and spinach for brekkie? YUM! Also it is not actually too dissimilar, from the way I eat now, so it will be a lot easier to stick too. Plus I've been reading the Earth children series again, and the descriptions of the food just make my mouth water. (okay I know that is not a valid reason for choosing a life style, snort). Plus perusing through the recipes is making me really hungry, and I can justify eating all the sea food I want! I'm actually looking forward to this, LOL. Also in hind sight, one of the easiest diets for me to stick too, was Aitkins, which I only stopped because people were horrified at how little I needed to eat, that I enjoyed really rich food guilt free, kept lecturing me how I was on my way to a heart attack. The only thing I really need to cut down on is rice, pasta, and bread. And I need to up the veggies and fruit but It's summer and all the good stuff is in season. pasta going to be a bitch, the other things I don't like much any way. Oh and I'll miss crumpets.
I don't eat much dairy products anyway, being slightly intolerant....well cheese I'll miss, but I've been eating less and less anyway.
I made the decision to cut out surgery drinks and crap about six months ago and I'm reasonably surprised that I didn't see my weight melt off then, I consumed a
hell of a lot. Had a hell of a time getting off the hard stuff, LOL,with crashing blood sugar etc, honestly my boss thought I had finally become diabetic, I noticed back then upping my protien consumption especially in the mornings helped. We all knew
I basically ran off sugar and nicotine.
I've kinda been headed this way instinctively, over the last year, so I might as well go All the way.
I wil post my food plan tonight.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One and a half hour walk (okay, it was a little accidental). Got the day off, and ended call early,so I went cave man style today on the food front. All ready have a headache from grain withdrawal, so this could be fun for a while, but hanging in there. I'm a little unprepared, but there's nothing like diving in. I figured I'd get the worst of the carb hangover out the way before I due back at work. Took some before pictures this morning too. Checked out some paelo forums too.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
30 mins walking today.
Any way the food plan was a bust....the super market didn't have half the food in stock, so I'm winging it. I just bought a whole lot of fresh veggies, and meat, and eggs. The spices and things I pick up at a later day. I was up for Tai Chi, but realize I'd only had five hours sleep. Opted for more sleep, after reading and having breakfast, and woke up absolutely buzzing, no, Zinging with energy.
Will go to Balance tomorrow morning though.
OOo...day 3 of no smoking!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still here, doing things, just caught up with work, getting tonsillitis and trying to buy a house.
I'm still eating paelo! It actually agrees well with me....maybe because I accidentally discovered I'm possibly gluten intolerant! Still exercising. Just not the last week due to the tonsillitis. Still not smoking (for the most part), apart from a few hiccups here and there.
In a weeks times, I'm about to go very low carb, with very set routine meal times, in order to do a leptin reset. My lovely boss enrolled all of us into a health challenge being run at the hospital, encouraged by the fact that I've stuck to some thing more than two weeks, and with the amount of weight I have to lose, makes the pathology team a potential contender to win. I have no idea how much I've lost so far, but I have definitely lost a noticeable amount.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took my measurements today!
Measurements from 9/9/11; hips-134 cm
Waist-112
Chest-128