User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11

    Default

    When you have muscle pain you can adjust like this...
    Sore to touch: rest
    Sore: higher reps, lighter
    No soreness: usual thing

    Kids move around on your back. It can twist you out and puts force in funny directions. I like the one where you hold their legs and do overhead tricep extensions with them. Also the human jungle gym is great, hold your arms out straight and spread your legs. See if the kids can make it all the way around.

    Just watch your back with twisting.

  2. #12
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    When you have muscle pain you can adjust like this...
    Sore to touch: rest
    Sore: higher reps, lighter
    No soreness: usual thing

    Kids move around on your back. It can twist you out and puts force in funny directions. I like the one where you hold their legs and do overhead tricep extensions with them. Also the human jungle gym is great, hold your arms out straight and spread your legs. See if the kids can make it all the way around.

    Just watch your back with twisting.
    Thanks! That's nice to know. I'm a bit of a special case. I've had two lumbar discectomies, I was being foolish horsing around, but I'm always curious about how far I can push it.. and I always get an answer I'm still trying to figure out how this all works, nerve pain vs muscle pain, etc, what the hell exactly happens when I throw it out. And my spinal doctor never really gave me very good explanations.

  3. #13

    Default

    Take it easy.

  4. #14
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    9/6/11
    Did a half assed bodyweight workout, most of the point was keeping in routine and getting my stretching in.

    Also I cooked myself a curry for supper with squash and onions and those Japanese curry squares and had some cottage cheese afterward with some honey and dried cranberries. And most importantly I chopped vegetables and tofu and stuff for quick access for making my lunch in the morning.

  5. #15
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Ugh.. I commandeered a bavarian cream filled doughnut from the breakroom at lunch, it always sounds like a good idea at the time. I'll save my afternoon break snack for on the road and do some shopping this evening, then make myself a bowl of miso soup when I get home.. that should offset it.

  6. #16
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    9/6/11
    Did a half assed bodyweight workout, most of the point was keeping in routine and getting my stretching in.
    A lot of the time this is what I do with abs, hopefully trying to establish a routine and build from there...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  7. #17
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    A lot of the time this is what I do with abs, hopefully trying to establish a routine and build from there...
    I remember reading about how much you hate ab work.. I can relate, I really didn't like how that felt. I did get used to it, eventually.

  8. #18
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Ugh.. I commandeered a bavarian cream filled doughnut from the breakroom at lunch, it always sounds like a good idea at the time. I'll save my afternoon break snack for on the road and do some shopping this evening, then make myself a bowl of miso soup when I get home.. that should offset it.
    Hahaha, you totally don't look like you are overweight at all. Are you trying to lose fat or "get ripped" like those late night infomercials are always talking about?

    I heard that changing body composition is more about food than exercise. BAH. I try to eat a lot of protein and if I eat a dessert I go Look at the long range - which I think can be hard for an NP, especially ENFP.

    You know what's really good at keeping you from eating easy snacks? Work out like crazy for a week then next time you reach for a bavarian cream donut (which truthfully, does sound good) think about how much gawdawful sweating and muscle exhaustion you will have to do just to burn off 1/2 that donut. When you are working out a lot, it seriously is good motivation. I don't want to work my butt off just to negate everything with a cheap snack.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  9. #19
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Nah, I've got some padding. My body must just hide it well. I really can stand to lose X amount of lbs. I'm not exactly sure what the X is there.

    And yeah, I was focusing the calories, but doughnuts just completely mess me up. My body isn't used to dropping that kind of fried fat sugar bomb on it, especially at that time of day. I felt like crap for the rest of the day.

    You definitely have a point. It's so easy to mess up all that hard work. Perspective is soo hard to get sometimes. I end up being a food snob.. a lot of the crap I used to eat just isn't worth it to me anymore. If I'm eating something that is all carb and fat, it better be some good tiramisu or something from a good bakery.

  10. #20
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Nah, I've got some padding. My body must just hide it well. I really can stand to lose X amount of lbs. I'm not exactly sure what the X is there.

    And yeah, I was focusing the calories, but doughnuts just completely mess me up. My body isn't used to dropping that kind of fried fat sugar bomb on it, especially at that time of day. I felt like crap for the rest of the day.

    You definitely have a point. It's so easy to mess up all that hard work. Perspective is soo hard to get sometimes. I end up being a food snob.. a lot of the crap I used to eat just isn't worth it to me anymore. If I'm eating something that is all carb and fat, it better be some good tiramisu or something from a good bakery.
    Are you much of a cook? I'm a fast/easy cook. I also avoid cooking with meat so I do a lot of stir fry. My friend lost an amazing 100+ lbs - she is completely unrecognizable from college and law school where she gained even more weight. Whole different person. She keeps a food log and only eats out 1x a week. She is INFJ though so she's very good at that keeping track of stuff and keeping on a regimen. But, I chatted with her once and she said if your diet is mostly whole grains and vegetables that's the ideal weight loss/maintenance diet right there and you don't have to sweat the details. When I was eating mostly vegan my relatives noticed my weight loss, even though I wasn't really following a "diet".

    Vegan baked goods - not so hot usually and at best similar to an okay real thing. However, it'll help keep the carbs off. :P

    Good luck!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. It is bread, I am bread, well eat
    By EJCC in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 02:42 PM
  2. [NT] How well did/do you do in school?
    By The Ü™ in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 01:40 AM
  3. Would you eat laboratory grown meat?
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 01:46 PM
  4. Typewatching: How well do you guess other's types?
    By Alesia in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO