• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

go gromit go

gromit

likes this
Wed 8/31
biked to stadium, did 12 sets of stairs in alternating styles (small steps, bleachers, sideways, hopping, etc), tried to focus on power, except the sideways ones, biked home

Thurs 9/1
two sets of 10 front leg lifts
one set of 10 rear leg lifts
30 sec plank
30 sec butterfly kick

Fri 9/2
3 sets of 10 front leg lifts
20 rear leg lifts
30 sec front plank
10 segmental rotation

Not going to list out everything I ate, but I kept my food goals.

gromit

likes this
Have continued following my food goals so far.

Sunday 9/4
Stairs again, convinced my roommate to join me, and abs - don't remember which. Funny story, afterward we were tossing the frisbee and I accidentally threw her frisbee onto the roof of a dugout and had a very fun time climbing up to retrieve it.

Mon 9/5
Jogged to park, did some sprints/other short interval workouts, also went kayaking on the river

gromit

likes this
I got some pistachios and dried fruit to have at work so I don't go and get a muffin or hash browns or a candy bar for a treat. I also had pumpkin seeds but those are finished now.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got some pistachios and dried fruit to have at work so I don't go and get a muffin or hash browns or a candy bar for a treat.

I've been a huge fan of dried cherries + walnuts lately. Yummy!

gromit

likes this
[MENTION=10315]Aquarelle[/MENTION] - yeah it's fun creating fruit and nut combos. Almonds and apricots are also nice.

gromit

likes this
Have been keeping up with my food goals, except I took 1 pass day for the wedding. I can't remember which day I did abs (sorry haven't had much computer access these past few days). I think it was Thursday. Over the weekend, I went on a small-ish hike, played ultimate frisbee, went swimming, and danced for like 3 hrs or something.

And tonight is soccer. I need to do some more abs though. That is the real goal, that is the difficult part. Uggghhhh abs why do you hate me?

wolfy

awsm
Wed 8/31
biked to stadium, did 12 sets of stairs in alternating styles (small steps, bleachers, sideways, hopping, etc), tried to focus on power, except the sideways ones, biked home

rocky_balboa_.jpg

gromit

likes this
I love me a good stairs workout. Tough to get up early to do it before work though.

Soccer league = officially sooooo fun. I think I'm gonna lose my toenail from the game yesterday though. Ouch ouch!

gromit

likes this
Have been following food goals.

Wed 9/15
5 sets of 10 leg lifts
20 alteranting rear leg lifts
20 sec side plank each side

So far I have taken 1 pass and I think I'm going to have to take another one today for the ice cream social at work... I'm not gonna say no to ice cream sundaes just bc I haven't had dinner yet...!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow! Lots of motivation!! I think September is actually a really good month for exercise- the weather is crisp and perfect. Are you working to some specific goal?

gromit

likes this
Just want to have stronger abs/core I guess. They are definitely my achilles heel.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement. It has been hard to motivate myself lately. Maybe once my laptop part arrives and I hopefully fix it I will get an ab exercise DVD or something.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just want to have stronger abs/core I guess. They are definitely my achilles heel.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement. It has been hard to motivate myself lately. Maybe once my laptop part arrives and I hopefully fix it I will get an ab exercise DVD or something.

I went to a "Pump it Up" class at my gym all last winter and spring, and it really put my abs into much better shape than they have ever been. It's easier to push yourself harder in a group setting.

gromit

likes this
I went to a "Pump it Up" class at my gym all last winter and spring, and it really put my abs into much better shape than they have ever been. It's easier to push yourself harder in a group setting.

Yeah I totally agree on group motivation. Used to go to a fun class at my gym last year but the instructor sadly moved on to another employment opportunity.

gromit

likes this
I have been doing ok with food and other exercising goals, but terribly at the core workouts.