• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wolfy's Training Log

wolfy

awsm
So I did this, this week...

Monday: Overhead Press; 5 rep max and some other work for my shoulders. Some chins, 5 sets of 8 I think. I also did 34 chins in a minute at work. I can't remember the day. I also gave a thirty minute pump lesson and I think I did some other tricep stuff after work.

Tuesday: Squats; It was 37 degrees in the gym. I did a 5 rep max and 5 sets of ten. I did some more chins, just a few, 5 sets of 5 maybe. I did some leg curls after work.

Wednesday: I just gave a pump lesson.

Thursday: I did some bench presses. 5 rep max and 5 sets of ten. I also did some chins and rows. I gave a stretch lesson and a callisthenics/cardio lesson.

Friday: I gave a core training lesson.

Today is Saturday. I should stretch.

I feel bloated right now, maybe it was the raw oatmeal, or the rice. I'll need to quit carbs for a bit. I hate feeling bloated.

wolfy

awsm
I did an hours stretching yesterday. Mostly lower body stuff. I don't feel bloated any more. I reckon it could be milk, I haven't had milk in ages and recently started again. I'll go back to yoghurt in shakes.

wolfy

awsm
I did all my training. The hardest day was deadlifts, hammered my back. Going in to do some overhead lifts today, have a lesson as well.

wolfy

awsm
Hold on...
I did 4x30 minute weight sessions.
I did 3x30 minute metabolic sessions.
I did 2x30 minute stretch sessions.

I am short a stretch session so I'll use a cheat day. I have twelve left.

wolfy

awsm
Monday: Gave a 30 minute pump lesson. Did some shoulder presses, worked up to a 3 rep max and did some pulldowns. I also did a half hour of pump practice, practising the choreography.

wolfy

awsm
Tuesday: Did some split squats with rear foot elevated. I was waiting for the squat rack and did 3 sets of ten of these. Then I worked up to a 3 rep max in the squat. Did some lunges as well. Later on after work I did some leg extensions and calf raises.

wolfy

awsm
Thursday: Gave a thirty minute stretch lesson.
Gave a thirty minute metabolic lesson. Running and weights.
Did weight training thirty minutes.
Practised choreography for a lesson 90 minutes.

wolfy

awsm
Saturday/Sunday: Hammered myself with copious sports viewing and alcohol consumption.

wolfy

awsm
Monday: Gave a half hour pump lesson.
Danced around in a pink tutu.
Practised lesson choreography for an hour.

wolfy

awsm
Tuesday (continued) Did an hour weight training. Chins, overhead presses, raises, calf raises. Quite a lot of playing around with weights today. I also wrestled an alligator.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tuesday (continued) Did an hour weight training. Chins, overhead presses, raises, calf raises. Quite a lot of playing around with weights today. I also wrestled an alligator.

Who won in the alligator wrestling?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
How puffy was your tutu? Make sure you starch it, otherwise, it will just be a sad little skirt. And we couldn't have that, now could we?

BTW, do you have any recommendations for how to keep muscle tone during a Very Low Calorie Diet? (VLCD) I've found one that supposedly swears it only targets 'stored fat' but I'm not taking any chances.

wolfy

awsm
Who won in the alligator wrestling?

Me. I got some nice new shoes and a wallet for the wife out of it.

How puffy was your tutu? Make sure you starch it, otherwise, it will just be a sad little skirt. And we couldn't have that, now could we?

BTW, do you have any recommendations for how to keep muscle tone during a Very Low Calorie Diet? (VLCD) I've found one that supposedly swears it only targets 'stored fat' but I'm not taking any chances.

Keep protein high, about a gram per pound of bodyweight. And keep up your weight training.

Wait... people read this log?

I did all my training last week. I'm pretty battered though, I did a few extra lessons over the weekend and probably did one a half hours of torso training in two days. As well as other lessons and weight training. Was fun at least.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wolfy is right, you need high protein to maintain muscle tone and you need to continue weight/ resistance training. Some low calorie diets have barely any protein in them and you will just end up looking skinny and scrawny. So you can ditch the carbs and just have high protein and salads/veg. You should aim to eat/ have a protein shake every 2-3 hours rather than have 3 big meals.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me. I got some nice new shoes and a wallet for the wife out of it.

Keep protein high, about a gram per pound of bodyweight. And keep up your weight training.

Wait... people read this log?

I did all my training last week. I'm pretty battered though, I did a few extra lessons over the weekend and probably did one a half hours of torso training in two days. As well as other lessons and weight training. Was fun at least.

Good work on the wallet/shoes.

oh and erm good work on the training!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Wait.. Per pound of muscle I want to gain? Or like.. I need 140 grams a protein?! Thats a lot @_@

wolfy

awsm
Wait.. Per pound of muscle I want to gain? Or like.. I need 140 grams a protein?! Thats a lot @_@

Per pound of bodyweight. 140 grams isn't that much really, there is 20 grams in a 100 grams of steak, I think there is 5-7 in an egg, about 25 in an average protein serving. Really, just make protein the main thing and you'll be alright.

Don't go getting all anal about it, you'll quit before you start.