User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default 2011 Exercise Challenge: Healthy Eating & Recipes =D

Benvenuto! ("Welcome!")

This thread will be a separate discussion and entity unto itself, symbiotic with but not completely dependent upon the 2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée.

Here is where we shall share information, recipes, tips, and discuss all that which has to do with healthy eating, especially in regards to the Challenge itself. The purpose of this thread is not to keep track of or update progress in the 2011 TypeC Challenge, however. Please keep all official updates and progress reports within the boundaries of the original challenge's thread, linked above.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Guten Tag!

I'm really excited to see this thread kick off. I'd like some new ideas to include in my diet, that is healthy. I'd love to know how to make good green smoothies.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Guten Tag!

I'm really excited to see this thread kick off. I'd like some new ideas to include in my diet, that is healthy. I'd love to know how to make good green smoothies.
    Ye could start reading here, where @mmhmm begins having a discussion regarding the topic, which she is fairly passionate as well as knowledgeable about.

(Did the linky bit to her name in case she wants to chime in. )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I eat too much in the evenings. I've been thinking about eating, in terms of being an ENFP. It makes a lot of sense from the perspective, it's pretty much when I'm bored and am looking for stimulation. So I was looking for a stimulation substitute. I switched to drinking diet pop, and it helped for a bit.. but I started feeling like my body was permiated with aspertame and then I get too wound up to sleep at a decent hour with the caffeine. Anybody else have any strategies for this sort of situation? Of course.. I can just buckle down and will power through. :/

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've been drinking soda, especially diet soda, again. I'm thinking about making it one of my "cheats", because I really need to stop drinking that crap.

So to stop drinking diet soda is one of my main goals over the next couple of months. To start eating a more low carb diet is going to be the other, but I haven't figured out how I'm going to do that just yet.

MBTI
    INTP

Smoke a huge bowl of weed

Get in the car or put on some shoes. Go to the store

Buy a jar of peanut butter, then eat it. Buy another jar, eat some of it, then save the rest.

Open a can of tuna and an entire sleeve of saltine crackers. Put the tuna on the crackers.

While you are doing this, make sure you are next to a sink that dispenses potable tap water. Drink a massive gulp of cold water after every bite.

Your body will become strong, your muscles will become tough. In time, the muscles in your tongue (and there are a lot of those) will become strong enough to scrape the peanut butter from the roof of your own very mouth. This is when you know you are strong

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've always been a HUGE fan of minimal calorie intake diets -- Cooking yourself thin, great example. The point is, you eat the amount of calories that will sustain the body weight you WANT to be in a healthy way. Simple math as follows: x * 10 = y where x = the amount of weight you desire to be.

The way I did it:
    - Try to follow the simple, better tasting recipes in the Cook Yourself Thin Cookbooks. While many of the recipes are impractical (especially when it comes to the desserts), the breakfasts and dinners always seemed to come out great. Hungry Girl is another calorie-slashing cookbook that tries to make the foods taste great, and they usually work.
    - Spices are free reign.
    - Vegetables & fruits do NOT count as calories, nor do non-carbonated beverages (juices, waters, tea, etc.) These two elements, for me, helped keep me on track. Less counting and worrying, and it also brought up the calorie count a bit so I didn't feel hungry during the adjustment phase. Catch to this: If the recipe's calorie count calls for veggies, they count as calories.
    - Substitute things you cannot cook for things of equal or similar calorie counts. (Example: the cheap chocolate muffin mixes for breakfast muffins came out to only 150 calories per muffin. Way easier than trying to create custom low-calorie zucchini-cup-cake..whatever it was.)
    - Pick the simplest, tastiest things possible. (I also used a freezer-cookbook for this.. Where you create meals meant to go into the freezer for quick oven-dinners.)
    - Treat yourself out once a week. (Your body adjusting to a diet too fast could mean plateauing.. I liked to go eat something tasty, but with no confirmed calorie count, once a week and it helps keep you on track.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I eat too much in the evenings. I've been thinking about eating, in terms of being an ENFP. It makes a lot of sense from the perspective, it's pretty much when I'm bored and am looking for stimulation. So I was looking for a stimulation substitute. I switched to drinking diet pop, and it helped for a bit.. but I started feeling like my body was permiated with aspertame and then I get too wound up to sleep at a decent hour with the caffeine. Anybody else have any strategies for this sort of situation? Of course.. I can just buckle down and will power through. :/
    I often have the temptation to munch late at night, too. If it's because I'm just in the mood to eat, sometimes I can kill the urge by chewing diff fav flavors of gum instead (I like the sugar free "dessert" flavors by Extra like key lime pie, yum), or drinking some yummy gingerbread tea. If it's because I'm actually hungry, sometimes I'll snack on something like turkey and broccoli w ranch dressing, since it is both satisfying and not fattening. Unfortunately, other times I get into my husband's chips instead. Other times I'll compromise and have something that isn't as healthy as turkey and broccoli, but is still much better than chips. Like a square of super dark chocolate, or strawberries with vanilla milk.

Later when I have time, I'll post some easy healthy meals that are mostly paleo and low carb.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

My diet coach once told me that excessive hunger cravings in the later part of the day are a common result of not eating enough beans, veggies, and protein throughout the day.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    My diet coach once told me that excessive hunger cravings in the later part of the day are a common result of not eating enough beans, veggies, and protein throughout the day.
    Yep, sounds about right in my experience, thanks for pointing it out! (Goes for some chickpeas to snack on....)