• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 Exercise Challenge: Healthy Eating & Recipes =D

gromit

likes this
Tastes like soap!

No way - tastes so good to me. How do you prepare it?

Mmm I love it only barely barely cooked (for broccoli so it's still crunchy but a little bit tender, for leaf vegetables, just so it's barely wilted). I like to add stuff like butter and garlic or onions or seasonings...

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
The palette has to be developed to enjoy veggies. Never eating them means never developing that part of your palette. It's why the typical American diet of starches, fat, sugar, and salt perpetuates itself. The other taste buds remain inactivated. Once they become activated, those things start tasting better and better.

Thankfully, my Grandma was right when she told me I would like veggies when I grew up. At the time, I thought it was one of those bullshit things adults say to kids. :laugh:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How would ye know? :alttongue: They are tastiness incarnate if cooked correctly, heathen.

Doesn't matter. I've eaten them every which way possible.

No way - tastes so good to me. How do you prepare it?

Mmm I love it only barely barely cooked (for broccoli so it's still crunchy but a little bit tender, for leaf vegetables, just so it's barely wilted). I like to add stuff like butter and garlic or onions or seasonings...

Did that with kale the other week. BLECH

Thankfully, my Grandma was right when she told me I would like veggies when I grew up. At the time, I thought it was one of those bullshit things adults say to kids. :laugh:

They said that to me too. They lied!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
having recently bought some red beans (adzuki/azuki beans), I went looking for some new recipes. I think I'll try this one this week:

http://www.food.com/recipe/quinoa-with-oyster-mushrooms-and-adzuki-beans-281322 (but using regular white mushrooms instead, since I'm cheap)

I'm also very intrigued by this recipe and will try to remember it for later:

http://www.food.com/recipe/mango-and-black-bean-stew-379330

Since I recently discovered that blackbeans+sweet potato = delicious burrito base, I have high hopes for that mango stew.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Doesn't matter. I've eaten them every which way possible.

Did that with kale the other week. BLECH

They said that to me too. They lied!

How about stir fried veggies with your fav meat and fav sauce? You could give your taste buds a chance to acquire the taste that way, yeah? I LOVE stir fries, especially with fresh ginger, garlic, and teriyaki sauce. I like them now with more fresh ginger and less teriyaki sauce than I did before. A bit of sea salt helps, too.

Also, do you like cheese sauce? I think it was the cheese sauce that helped me develop a taste for broccoli back when I was a kid or a teenager, I forget how old I was.

And cooked carrots with melted butter and a bit of salt are yummy, too.

All good veggies for veg beginners. :biggrin:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about stir fried veggies with your fav meat and fav sauce? You could give your taste buds a chance to acquire the taste that way, yeah? I LOVE stir fries, especially with fresh ginger, garlic, and teriyaki sauce. I like them now with more fresh ginger and less teriyaki sauce than I did before. A bit of sea salt helps, too.

Also, do you like cheese sauce? I think it was the cheese sauce that helped me develop a taste for broccoli back when I was a kid or a teenager, I forget how old I was.

And cooked carrots with melted butter and a bit of salt are yummy, too.

All good veggies for veg beginners. :biggrin:

I can eat stir fry, but I often put meat in it to mask the veggie taste.

Cheese masks it too.

I eat veggies, I just don't like them.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I can eat stir fry, but I often put meat in it to mask the veggie taste.

Cheese masks it too.

I eat veggies, I just don't like them.

Yes, those flavors mask the veggie taste until you develop a taste for the veggies themselves.

Beorn

Permabanned