• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
:laugh: Just saw that! Thanks for the info :hug: I'll be sure to see what I can rig up for my deployment.

You're welcome! It might be harder to find a crossfit gym out there, but you never know. But yeah, you're not going to get any progress working with small weights. That's just what trainers in some gyms tell women to use, because a lot of women say they're afraid of "bulking up" (uh, not gonna happen anyway). :dont:

You've gotta keep pushing your upper limit to progress! :solidarity:

I am dealing with a flea infestation in my house.
I have been spending a minimum 3-4 hours every day vacuuming, spraying and sprinkling!
I bombed my house a couple of days ago.
I worked for 12 hours straight on that project.
I'm tired and I'm getting callouses from the vacuum cleaner.
All that to say this...
I have to suspend my involvement in this challenge for the time being.
As soon as I feel safe to lay on the floor to do my exercises,
I will join back in.
It's okay if I don't qualify for a prize.
If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have been exercising at all.
My health and improved muscle and bone strength is enough of a prize for me!
Of course, I will still be stopping in every day or two to read the posts.
I appreciate you all. :wubbie:

Awesome, good for you!! :hifive:

Sorry to hear about the fleas and having to suspend your involvement, though. :( Hope you can join us again soon!

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Tues 10/18 CrossFit Workout

10 rounds, alternating thrusters and rowing, with thruster reps decreasing and rowing length increasing with each round

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps thrusters (55lb), 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 calories row; finished in 15:04

A thruster is when you squat with the bar on your shoulders, then push it up over your head until your arms are locked straight overhead.

Thurs 10/20 CrossFit Workout

5 rounds:
2 power cleans, 7 back squats, 50 double-unders.
Completed the 5 rounds in 15:25 (I think, but I forgot to write it down). The 50 double-unders in each round took up the most time by far.

It was frustrating again, because I had to keep the weight low to work on my technique, so I used 65 lb. I would have liked to use 85 or 95 lb. We used the same weight for power cleans as for back squats, and I have trouble snapping my arms around and getting under the bar quickly enough for a proper power clean, so I was limited by that. :mad: Ah well, patience. I'll get it one of these days.

Last edited:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
105 sit ups today and 50 sit ups yesterday.

My trip to Boston has interfered with my exercising more than I would like- however, I think the amount of walking I have done more than compensates for it. I'll try to keep it up in Louisiana, but first I need to determine what is doable while I am out there.

Stomach....muscles....getting....stronger...IT'S ALIVEEE! Not really, but my stomach is starting to super firm. And they say sit ups don't do anything.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Boo-fucking-yeah, baby!!! Check out these kick-ass results:

October 10 (before):
Weight: 58.7 kg
Fat: 25.6%
Fat: 15.0 kg
Lean body mass: 43.7 kg
Water weight: 32.0 kg

October 21 (after):
Weight: 57.7 kg
Fat: 22.1%
Fat: 12.8 kg
Lean body mass: 44.9 kg
Water weight: 32.9 kg

And who the hell said fasting burned muscle??? Bahahahahhaha! :p

Yes, even endomorphs can lose fat. ;D And gain muscle. ;D At the same time.

Disclaimer: Don't do weird crap before you check with your doctor. I'm healthy and also work out (strength training + cardio) on a regular basis and drink a crap-load of fluids. So don't everyone run out and start fasting and shit without checking with your doc first.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Thursday 10/13
Back and Chest.

Saturday 10/15
Abs and core.

Monday 10/17
Shoulders and Arms

Tuesday 10/18
Legs

Thursday 10/20
Back and Chest and Abs.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No cheats used while I was away... I haven't weighed myself, but I actually lost a bit of weight on vacation. Walking several miles almost everyday and trying to eat cheap while in England (meaning: eating sandwiches and Sainsbury salad bar food) was good for me. Although the fact that Coke is made with real sugar over there was bad for me, as I indulged more than I should have.

Week 1: Tennis on the 4th, walked/toured London on the 6th and 7th, and walked 2 miles to my hotel in Dublin on the 9th.
Week 2: Walked/toured Dublin on the 10th, explored Glendalough on the 11th, Galway on the 13th, and the Connemara fjord on the 15th.
Week 3 (This week): Explored Cork/Blarney Castle on Monday the 17th, walked to various airports/buses/lodges Tuesday, Bath/Stonehenge on Wed... and it looks like I need to do one more exercise this week or else I'll have to use a cheat.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Last week: 3/3 despite being sick. Unfortunately due to being sick, lost weight.
This week: 3/3 with a fourth planned for tomorrow.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
As it turns out, our PT test got moved to next month... :laugh: But just a couple weeks away. I still will continue to improve as much as possible. Recovering from drill tonight, and tomorrow I'll start on a push-up sit-up regime to try and bulk those out for the PT test as much as possible.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Summary for Week of Mon 10/17 to Sun 10/23

Click here for Tues & Thurs CrossFit workouts ^

Sat 10/22 CrossFit Workout

5 rounds, each round: 7 squat cleans (55 lb), 14 kettle bell swings (35 lb)
Finished the 5 rounds in 10:22

(Still need to work on those squat cleans, but getting a bit better....)

Sun 10/23 Home Workout

5 rounds, each round: 15 pushups, 20 backups, 20 situps, 5 chair dips
Completed the 5 rounds in 10:47

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Went walking today, so no cheats used.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hey everybody!
Guess what!
I got called back to my job! :static:
I start on Monday!
My old health care ends on Monday and my new health care begins on Monday!!!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Whoo!! Prayers get answered in mysterious ways, don't they? :D

As for myself, I'm just going to call these next few days potential cheat days. Huge party last night in another city to say bye to many of my mates since I won't have time to see them before I leave on deployment.. Recovering from said party today (actually, Im not too hung over to not work out, but I slept on the floor and my neck is strained from sleeping wrong..), I think I MAY have time to work out tomorrow if I wake up early enough to do so before my nephew's 1st birthday, so we'll see. Saturday I think I can do the same.. Sunday is a no-go for sure. Recovery time is necessary. :yes:

I'll let a J hash all of that out :devil:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Saturday 10/22
Abs and Running

Monday 10/24
Arms and Shoulders

Tuesday 10/25
Legs

Thursday 10/27
Chest and Back

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
How is your shoulder training going?

It's not bad actually, I'm getting there. I still have a lot of weakness but I've managed to strengthen them to point where they're no longer a tremendous liability. Even on my warmup sets for bench presses, the right shoulder gets a little tight/weak but my flat bench has caught up to my incline so they're about even, slightly more strength in incline than flat.

I do a lot of cable work and high reps to build up their endurance.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did cardio boxing 4 times this week, EA sports active 3 times this week. So far, I've burned nearly 1300 kcal in three days with EA sports active, averaging 139-151 BPM per session of 60 mins.

My diet sucks, so I need to get back on track starting with a 24 hour fast to help my body deal with the crap, and then eating healthier (veggies, fruit, lean protein, diary, no sweets).

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
fri / oct 14 - 30min rowing / 30min swimming
sun / oct 16 - 90min yoga
mon / oct 17 - 30min rowing / 90min reformer
tue / oct 18 - 45min floorwork
wed / oct 19 - 60min yoga

i've been at the beach the last few days
which made it easy to stay quite active
but i'm still eating quite badly.

thur / oct 20 - 30 min rowing / 30 min run
fri / oct 21 - 45 min floorwork / 30 min run
sun / oct 23 - 45 min rowing / 45 min circuit
mon / oct 24 - 30 min trx / 90 minutes reformer
tues / oct 25 - 90min yoga

thur / oct 27 - 45min run / 45min rock climbing / 60 min candle lit yoga
fri / oct 28 - 60min windsurfing / 45min yoga
sat / oct 29 - 30min run / 45min swim
mon / oct 31 - 90min yoga

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG, Billy Blanks, you freaking KILLED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And then afterwards I did 60 mins. of EA Sports Active 2.

Looking to tighten up that damn core, and willing to accept any suggestions that do not negatively impact your lower back.

(Post OP 2007, that's why I want to strengthen my core without destroying my back, but by strengthening it).

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Summary for Mon 10/24 - Sun 10/30

Tues 10/25 CrossFit
3 rounds: 10 overhead squats, 50 double unders. 6:09
(Still working on technique for OH squats, need to keep weight light because I'm off balance, limited to 25lb.)

Wed 10/26 Home Workout
5 rounds: 15 pushups, 20 backups, 20 situps, 5 chair dips. 10:13

Thurs 10/27 CrossFit
3 rounds: 100ft walking lunge, 50 squats, 25 GHD back extensions. 12:39

Fri 10/28 Home Workout
5 rounds: 15 pushups, 20 backups, 20 situps, 5 chair dips. 10:57
(I've slowed down because of recent problems with workout headaches.)

Sat 10/29 CrossFit
Max Personal Weight: Back Squat 125 lb, Shoulder Press 55 lb, Dead Lift 210 lb.

I was pretty happy to discover I could lift 210 lb, and happy with my back squat improvement to 125 lb, not so happy with my max shoulder press weight. That's the one where you stand up with the barbell at your shoulders and lift it up over your head, but you're not allowed to bend your knees or use any leg momentum whatsoever, arm/shoulder strength only.

Sun 10/30 Home Workout
5 rounds: 15 pushups, 20 backups, 20 situps, 5 chair dips. 12:11
(Again slowed down because of a workout headache. When I've powered through them anyway in the past and let them get to migraine level, it knocks me out for the day like I haven't slept, so I have to slow down and let the headache lighten up.)