• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Finally back to CrossFit today after feeling crappy all week, yay! :bananachamp:

We met at the nearest track for today's running WOD:

1600 m - 8:31
rest 3 min
1200 m - 6:14
rest 2 min
800 m - 4:01
rest 1 min
400 m - 1:48

My times were pretty slow compared to my track days, but considering I don't run much anymore, I think they were reasonably good. (I got there late and started after everyone else, so not sure how my times compared to everyone else.)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm kinda hungover today, I might just use a cheat day. :laugh:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exercise has become pretty routine again. The amount of push-ups I do at a time varies between about 65 ands 72 now. Still haven't returned to 75. A couple of days now I've down more than one set of push-ups, so that's good. I've also moved up from 100 stomach crunches to 125.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Today I said fuck running

I started sprinting. Right now I can do about 200 meters

Much faster workout!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I enjoyed yesterday, and I am resting today. Tomorrow I try my hand at a PT test.. :unsure: I'm nervous, even though I'm administering it myself :laugh:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today I said fuck running

I started sprinting. Right now I can do about 200 meters

Much faster workout!

For a moment, I thought you were me.

Then I saw the Beargryllz style of writing (what bear would grill, now?)

Did my 100 sit ups today

:huh:

Is this me...sticking to something?!?!?!

V

violaine

Hours and hours of walking this week. And a day of swimming at the beach and soft sand walking. I'm on track.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
wed/oct 5 - combat 60min
thur/oct 6 - reformer 90min
fri/oct 7 <3 <3 <3 yoga 60min
mon/oct 10 - yoga 60min
tue / oct 11 - floorwork 45min
wed / oct 12 - run 30min / row 30min
thur / oct 13 - i shopped for 4 hours in 4inch heels. let's call it a butt workout.

fri / oct 14 - 30min rowing / 30min swimming
sun / oct 16 - 90min yoga
mon / oct 17 - 30min rowing / 90min reformer
tue / oct 18 - 45min floorwork
wed / oct 19 - 60min yoga

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well.. Not having that extra month to prepare for the PT test really hurt my goal.

In trying it on my own in the gym, I barely made the requirements to pass, moreless score 100 in two events. 30 push-ups, 53 sit-ups, and two miles in 18:10.

:/ I feel like all this shit I've been doing in the gym has been for nothing.. u_u

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well!! So. I've been thinking about what I may be doing wrong... I'm talking to some of my friends who do this for a living (translation: they have real jobs and just look like they do) and so I may be getting a protein shake of some sort to help out with this.. Apparently, I've been emphasizing smaller weights and more reps, when I should be doing a mixture of max weight workouts and smaller weight workouts... I've just been scared to do the former because I don't have a gym partner.

I'm recovering these next few days so that my muscles aren't at all sore for the PT test. Hydrating like crazy, stretching a lot. Once I take my PT test, no matter what the results are, I'll hit the gym again and try a different way of working out and see how that goes.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Well!! So. I've been thinking about what I may be doing wrong... I'm talking to some of my friends who do this for a living (translation: they have real jobs and just look like they do) and so I may be getting a protein shake of some sort to help out with this.. Apparently, I've been emphasizing smaller weights and more reps, when I should be doing a mixture of max weight workouts and smaller weight workouts... I've just been scared to do the former because I don't have a gym partner.

I'm recovering these next few days so that my muscles aren't at all sore for the PT test. Hydrating like crazy, stretching a lot. Once I take my PT test, no matter what the results are, I'll hit the gym again and try a different way of working out and see how that goes.

From what I read from you in this thread, I think you would love and benefit greatly from CrossFit!!!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
From what I read from you in this thread, I think you would love and benefit greatly from CrossFit!!!

:puppy_dog_eyes: It seems so daunting though.. the website posts things like I'm already suppose to know how to do them.. and although they have instructions, they don't go into littler details (Make sure your back is straight here, or you could twist it, etc.) so I'm scared to try some of the things they do... I feel like I'd be more confident if I had someone there to show me the moves.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
:puppy_dog_eyes: It seems so daunting though.. the website posts things like I'm already suppose to know how to do them.. and although they have instructions, they don't go into littler details (Make sure your back is straight here, or you could twist it, etc.) so I'm scared to try some of the things they do... I feel like I'd be more confident if I had someone there to show me the moves.

It's expensive, but that's why it's worth joining a CrossFit gym at least just for a little while.

When you first start, you join the beginner class, and the trainers there spend a lot of time and attention teaching you how to do each of the moves correctly for that day's workout. They pay extra close attention to everyone in the beginner class to make sure you're all doing it correctly so that you won't injure yourself. Once you're "ready", you join the regular class, with more difficult workouts. They still watch everyone quite closely, but they don't spend as much of the class time rehearsing the correct form.

And no matter what fitness level you're at, there's a way to scale it so that it challenges you, but not overly so. There are CrossFit gyms in retirement communities where old people come in and do the WODs in ways that are scaled especially for them, and there are Olympians who do the WODs in ways that challenge them. So I'm not exaggerating when I say that they can make the workout appropriate for every level.

Does that make sense?

When you first join, you might be intimidated to see what some of the other people there are capable of, especially the regulars, but they all started out at their own level, and with time, you'll be just like them! Actually, with the training you've done already, I would guess that you would already be stronger and fitter than most of the beginners, and would really improve quickly. I think you'd be excited with the results.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's expensive, but that's why it's worth joining a CrossFit gym at least just for a little while.

When you first start, you join the beginner class, and the trainers there spend a lot of time and attention teaching you how to do each of the moves correctly for that day's workout. They pay extra close attention to everyone in the beginner class to make sure you're all doing it correctly so that you won't injure yourself. Once you're "ready", you join the regular class, with more difficult workouts. They still watch everyone quite closely, but they don't spend as much of the class time rehearsing the correct form.

And no matter what fitness level you're at, there's a way to scale it so that it challenges you, but not overly so.

Does that make sense?

Definitely. :) Maybe this will be the workout I do in Africa, I have friends who do crossfit in my unit so they could help me.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Definitely. :) Maybe this will be the workout I do in Africa, I have friends who do crossfit in my unit so they could help me.

Cool! Notice also that I was editing my previous response with more info, apparently while you were responding. :)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was only able to do 50 sit ups yesterday and the day before.

However, that may be better, because I don't want to destroy my stomach muscles (which are becoming nice and taut :biggrin).

Friday, the 21st, I leave for Louisiana. I might be able to work in sit ups then. In fact, I would really like to. I am enjoying doing this many sit ups every day. However, because I will be traveling/going to a music festival....I'll have to play it by ear.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Cool! Notice also that I was editing my previous response with more info, apparently while you were responding. :)

:laugh: Just saw that! Thanks for the info :hug: I'll be sure to see what I can rig up for my deployment.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am dealing with a flea infestation in my house.
I have been spending a minimum 3-4 hours every day vacuuming, spraying and sprinkling!
I bombed my house a couple of days ago.
I worked for 12 hours straight on that project.
I'm tired and I'm getting callouses from the vacuum cleaner.
All that to say this...
I have to suspend my involvement in this challenge for the time being.
As soon as I feel safe to lay on the floor to do my exercises,
I will join back in.
It's okay if I don't qualify for a prize.
If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't have been exercising at all.
My health and improved muscle and bone strength is enough of a prize for me!
Of course, I will still be stopping in every day or two to read the posts.
I appreciate you all. :wubbie: