• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The gym went well yesterday <3 Lifted weight with my legs, realized I'm not a badass and put the weight down, and continued to lift. :doh:

Running on the trails and mat drills today. @_@ I've added slight weights to it lately. We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow's gym day calls for weighted sit-ups and circuit-training for my arms.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Don't worry, I'm not down.

As a note- just completed my 40 more situps.

100 situps for the day- check.

Awesome, go for it! :solidarity:

(Although, I wouldn't count it against you if you find tomorrow that you need to work your way up to it.... :laugh:)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Awesome, go for it! :solidarity:

(Although, I wouldn't count it against you if you find tomorrow that you need to work your way up to it.... :laugh:)

I have pretty tough muscles in my stomach. Though after 3 or 4 days of this...don't be surprised if I have to do it in sets :laugh:

This is going to be a fun and motivating challenge.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I have pretty tough muscles in my stomach. Though after 3 or 4 days of this...don't be surprised if I have to do it in sets :laugh:

This is going to be a fun and motivating challenge.

Sets are a great way to do it. It gives you a break between manageable numbers of reps while you work on something else, so you end up doing more reps of everything than you otherwise would have. Are there any other exercises you need to work on? You could do them in rounds.

I also find I do them faster and more of them if I time myself, and keep track of how long I take each day that I do it.

My rounds that I told you about took about 16 min the first time I timed myself. Over about 2 weeks, I trimmed that down to about 10:45, and then below 9 min. Then I changed the exercises for harder ones and it took me back up to 10 min, cuz I think it's important to remain challenged.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sets are a great way to do it. It gives you a break between manageable numbers of reps while you work on something else, so you end up doing more reps of everything than you otherwise would have. Are there any other exercises you need to work on? You could do them in rounds.

I also find I do them faster and more of them if I time myself, and keep track of how long I take each day that I do it.

My rounds that I told you about took about 16 min the first time I timed myself. Over about 2 weeks, I trimmed that down to about 10:45, and then below 9 min. Then I changed the exercises for harder ones and it took me back up to 10 min, cuz I think it's important to remain challenged.

Hm, my other exercises are mostly walking and pilates/yoga. I could do that with pilates, probably, but I am very focused on becoming more flexible through yoga.

I did my sit ups to music- 4 minutes exactly. That way I can have a comparison. It pushed me as the song neared the end.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Hm, my other exercises are mostly walking and pilates/yoga. I could do that with pilates, probably, but I am very focused on becoming more flexible through yoga.

I did my sit ups to music- 4 minutes exactly. That way I can have a comparison. It pushed me as the song neared the end.

Cool. Well even if you only do situps, timing yourself will help.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Tuesday 10/4
Legs.

Thursday 10/6
Flat bench and half of a deadlift workout. I didn't eat breakfast, and had a 5 Guys for lunch...no energy, and I nearly passed out. I hate when I do that.

Saturday 10/8
Cheat day! Hung over from Bday celebrations in NY, slept all day and it felt GREAT.

Monday 10/10
Arms/Shoulders. Drop sets of hammer curls and shoulder presses, 5-10-15-20 reps at 35-30-25-20 lbs with a final set of 5-10-15 at 40-35-30 lbs. 100 dips.

Tuesday 10/12
Legs/abs. Drop sets of box jumps 5-10-15 @ 40", 34", 28". 50 toes to rings.

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=5639" target="_blank">JocktheMotie</a> could one-up both of us by miles with the knees to elbows he does.

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=13844" target="_blank">redcheerio</a> geez you are intense. I just have my self workouts :(

What is this that Jock does?

I've moved on! Knees are for chumps. All about the toes. If only I were more flexible. I can only do about 5-10 of these at a time. I've also downloaded the p90x Ab Ripper workout for Saturdays because it's come highly recommended. A weak lower back has always been an issue for me so these kinds of things always help.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Oh my lord Oswald is in beast mode! I think I want to try these though :3 They look difficult..

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I've moved on! Knees are for chumps. All about the toes.

Hey, who you callin' a chump??? Showoff. :dry:

:biggrin:

I missed CrossFit this morning cuz I want to make sure I'm recovered from whatever is getting to me, but I feel a bit better today, so might go to the afternoon class if I feel up to it. I hate that I had to take a break just when I was showing some significant improvement. :(

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I missed CrossFit this morning cuz I want to make sure I'm recovered from whatever is getting to me, but I feel a bit better today, so might go to the afternoon class if I feel up to it. I hate that I had to take a break just when I was showing some significant improvement. :(

It's usually better to take it easy rather than try to go nuts when you're not 100%, because if you get injured you just set yourself back even more, which is extremely demoralizing. I've definitely been there.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Agreed entirely.

I think the main problem I have with exercising is that it never gets *easier*. Its like, by the time you've hit a point where working out is second nature to you and you're set in a routine, you probably should be upping the intensity and difficulty, or alternating into something else. @_@ Makes the whole process seem daunting.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
^ Agreed entirely.

I think the main problem I have with exercising is that it never gets *easier*. Its like, by the time you've hit a point where working out is second nature to you and you're set in a routine, you probably should be upping the intensity and difficulty, or alternating into something else. @_@ Makes the whole process seem daunting.

Maybe you just have to challenge yourself in a way that you find enjoyable?

If it's daunting, that's no fun, but if it's too easy, it's boring. So find something that you would be excited about, and once you've achieved it, set your sights on something else you would be excited about.

The way I see it, there are an infinite number of fitness levels, even if you reach Olympian level, you can still go further and break all the world records. Even Usain Bolt (sp?) can still work on improving his sprinting. I have no Olympic ambitions, so I don't feel daunted knowing that there are people who can do sooooo much more than me. I am happy enough to notice my own levels of improvement.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
See, Im happy with the results--just not the work. It's one of the very few aspects in life I'm like that about. Usually, I enjoy the work, so results just tend to follow. But, I want to have upper body strength.. That's it. But it's an uphill battle--i lose it SO easily.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
wed / sep28 - yoga60min / rowing 30min
thur / sep29 yoga90min
fri / sep30 - run 30min / rowing 30min
sun / oct2 - circuits-pyramid sets 60min / reformer 45min
mon / oct3 - run30min / rowing 30min
tue / oct 4 - rowing 30min / swimming 45min

wed/oct 5 - combat 60min
thur/oct 6 - reformer 90min
fri/oct 7 <3 <3 <3 yoga 60min
mon/oct 10 - yoga 60min
tue / oct 11 - floorwork 45min
wed / oct 12 - run 30min / row 30min
thur / oct 13 - i shopped for 4 hours in 4inch heels. let's call it a butt workout.

300545_1983655281088_1534430057_31543590_1976775395_n.jpg

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thursday- despite having been crippled earlier by what appeared to be a temporary ear infection, I still did my 100 sit ups.
Friday [today]- about to do another 100 sit ups and there will be at least 1 hour of walking today (I'll clarify on that later.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I just spent three hours vacuuming my basement level and treating for fleas. I am going to be sore tomorrow. I'm totally wiped out. So on that note, I'm going to let this workout count for tomorrow and then declare that I have met my goal for the week.
I don't know which I want more...
a nice long soak in the tub or something to eat for dinner.
I guess I'll eat dinner first.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG I have totally revamped my life recently and would love to take part in the challenge. How does it work now? Or is it the same?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, yay! Okay. Here goes.

So since July 15th, I have embraced a new lifestyle change that has helped me to lose about 13 kg and about 8% body fat. So I would like to continue on this path by setting new goals now that I'm at the upper end of the healthy weight range for my height.

After a little bit of a cheat day yesterday, I am at 59.4 kg up from 58.7 (at 25.6% fat). That's probably mostly water weight. After 1-2 fruit days (days where I eat only fresh or dried fruit and lots of water, all fruit smoothies, and herbal tea and stuff like that) I will go on a juice feast of 7-10 days to prepare my body for the upcoming winter with an influx of fresh vitamins and minerals. After that, I will eat a mostly raw diet of fruits and vegetables combined with moderate amounts of meat/fish/tofu, healthy complex carbs, omega 3 fatty acids, and dairy re-introduced slowly into my diet.

During this time, I plan to work out at least an hour every day either at home or at the gym with one rest day perhaps per week. This will include at least 5x cardio training and 2-3x weight training per week.

For regular updates, I've created a fitness blog (link in signature) so that I don't spam the exercise challenge thread, but I will post any super significant increases or successes here.

My plan is that I would like to get to 55 kg by mid-December, which I think is pretty reasonable. Alternatively, if I could lower my body fat to at least 22-23% even with maintaining my current weight, that would also be acceptable.

Oh, yeah, and related to my fitness goals, I pledge to myself that I will maintain a healthy work-play balance and not return to my work-a-holic tendencies. I need time for myself.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only got to do 50 sit ups yesterday (though still above my set goal) :sadbanana:

I went to Portland (Maine) for a concert, and we left wicked early. I will be ranting about it in my blog.

However, I did my 100 sit ups early today, and might do another 50 to compensate for yesterday.