• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Sat 10/8 CrossFit WOD

5 rounds for time:

6 handstand pushups (I did tripod pushups)
12 chest to bar pull-ups (medium band)
24 lunges with dumbbells (8 lb)

Completed the 5 rounds in 14:13.

I was happy that I was able to do tripod pushups, because I couldn't do them before. They're way easier than handstand pushups, but I'm working my way up. I was also excited that I was able to do chest to bar pull-ups with the same medium band that I usually use for regular pull-ups (chin to bar), yay. I did most of them chest to bar until the last couple of rounds, when I think I could only get as high as chin to bar or slightly higher.

Sun 10/9 Home Workout

5 rounds:

5 chest to bench pushups
20 backups
20 situps
5 chair dips

Completed the 5 rounds in 10:10.

I'm still experimenting with the pushups and chair dips to focus on the deep portion of the movement, since that is where I need the most work.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I snuck in just barely with both my weekly p90x and weekly healthy-meal-making today. I almost didn't do the exercise today and it was pretty rough but of course I felt better afterward. I think I did pretty well following my daily diet goals, but I'm doing a bad job of tracking them. I had my 3 sports this week for the first time, since volleyball finally started. :D

I was thinking today that I should probably be focusing my energy on diet more than exercise. Since I'm at least somewhat active with sports, changing diet a bit would probably give more results. I guess I already am focusing there with my daily goals. But not really as much as I could be. My worst opponent is laziness since I do like a million kinds of healthy food - it's just the preparation involved, and the thinking about it!

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
My worst opponent is laziness since I do like a million kinds of healthy food - it's just the preparation involved, and the thinking about it!

Ditto here! I found it useful to spend some time thinking about fav healthy foods, and ways to make them convenient and fast to prepare. That way you only spend a limited time thinking about it all at once, and then once you've figured it out, get into a new routine that makes it easy.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
30 sit ups. Two hours of walking (well, a little over). Yoga (or pilates? I think what I did fell under both).

Meditation soon. I need it.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
FYI: Zoom was stupid and overworked/didn't sleep to the point of getting pneumonia, which is rather impressive in a ridiculous "dee-dee-dee" kind of way. Track is being kept, and I should be back up to par (slash back online regularly) in just a week or so. Apologies to all in regards to being slightly incommunicado for a little while, 'twas not my intent.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Have been a bit headachey, tired, and low-grade feverish over the past week or so. Was continuing with workouts last week anyway assuming it would go away, but have been giving it a rest this week to be safe. :( I'm dying for another CrossFit workout, but might have to miss tomorrow's class, too. :sadbanana:

(I'm hoping I don't have to use up my cheat days for this. :/)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Until probably the 20th of October, I shall be doing 60 100 situps a day.

Yes, 60 100. At least. This is coupled with the extensive walking around Boston I shall be doing.

A mixture of yoga and pilates will be added, but I have no set goal for that, other than to incorporate it.

I can't ride a bike up here, and it is too hard to practice dance. So I will make due.

Just did 60 sit ups and my abs are crying with joy.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Until probably the 20th of October, I shall be doing 60 situps a day.

Yes, 60. At least. This is coupled with the extensive walking around Boston I shall be doing.

A mixture of yoga and pilates will be added, but I have no set goal for that, other than to incorporate it.

I can't ride a bike up here, and it is too hard to practice dance. So I will make due.

Just did 60 sit ups and my abs are crying with joy.

I've been doing 100 situps in my workouts, sucka! The kind where you stretch your arms over your head on the way down and back up so that it creates more torque resistance for your stomach muscles.

[/One-upping another ENTP :biggrin:]

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been doing 100 situps in my workouts, sucka! The kind where you stretch your arms over your head on the way down and back up so that it creates more torque resistance for your stomach muscles.

[/One-upping another ENTP :biggrin:]

FUCK YOU MAN.

I'll do that every day until the 20th.

/one upping after being one upped

I need it anyway.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
FUCK YOU MAN.

I'll do that every day until the 20th.

/one upping after being one upped

I need it anyway.

I fail to see how that's a one-up.... :whistling:

:alttongue:

Good exercise goal, though. :biggrin:

Edit: OK, I saw your edit. Your one-up has succeeded in one-upping mine. :laugh:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I fail to see how that's a one-up.... :whistling:

:alttongue:

Good exercise goal, though. :biggrin:

Edit: OK, I saw your edit. Your one-up has succeeded in one-upping mine. :laugh:

Thank you very much. How often are you doing your sit ups?

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Thank you very much. How often are you doing your sit ups?

It ranges. I do them as part of my home workouts. Ideally 3 times a week, depending what we do in CrossFit. Sometimes only once or twice a week.

My timed home workouts include 5 rounds of 4 diff exercises; pushups, "backups", situps, chair dips. So I do 20 situps in each set, total 5 sets. The 5 sets of those 4 exercises usually take me about 10 minutes.

Sometimes we also do insane numbers of situps in our CrossFit workouts, sometimes including 270 degree situps from the apparatus. Or knees to elbows, while hanging from a bar with your hands. Those are killer.

[MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] could one-up both of us by miles with the knees to elbows he does.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION] geez you are intense. I just have my self workouts :(

What is this that Jock does?

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
[MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION] geez you are intense. I just have my self workouts :(

What is this that Jock does?

Hey, I didn't mean for you to get down on yourself. You're doing great! I was never this intense until I joined CrossFit and became a little bit addicted.

Check out some of Jock's posts in this thread to see what I mean....

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, I didn't mean for you to get down on yourself. You're doing great! I was never this intense until I joined CrossFit and became a little bit addicted.

Check out some of Jock's posts in this thread to see what I mean....

Don't worry, I'm not down.

As a note- just completed my 40 more situps.

100 situps for the day- check.