• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Summary for Week of 9/19 - 9/25

Mon 9/19

Basic Home Session

5 rounds, each round:
15 pushups from knees (concentrate on form)
20 "back-ups"
20 sit-ups
10 chair dips
Finished the 5 rounds in 9:08.

Tues 9/20

This morning's 6 am CrossFit:

10 rounds, each round 1 rep less than the previous, so 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of each exercise per round:
2 for 1 wall balls (I used a 6 lb ball)
apparatus sit-ups
box jumps (20" box)
Time to complete the 10 rounds; 15:38.

Thurs 9/22

6 am CrossFit class, WOD:

3 rounds, 21-15-9 reps (21 reps each move first round, 15 reps ea 2nd round, 9 reps 3rd)
dead lifts (105 lbs)
handstand pushups
(crap, I forgot to record my time again)

Fri 9/23

Home Workout

1000 rope jumps
20 stair lifts, ea leg

5 rounds:
5 chest/chin to bench pushups
20 backups
20 situps
10 chair dips
Completed the 5 rounds in 9:58.

Sat 9/24

CrossFit

As part of the warm-up, we did 5 sets x 3 reps of back squats: 65lb, 75, 85, 95, 105lb.

WOD, 3 rounds for time:
400m run (total 1200m run)
21 kettle bell swings (35lb KB) (total 63 KB swings)
12 pull-ups (medium band) (total 36 pull-ups)
Completed the three rounds in 13:08.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Today I altered my home workout again to focus on form and depth in my chair dips as well as my pushups. So I'm now doing a more difficult version of both, but fewer reps. I'm inspired by the progress I showed on Saturday, so hoping to continue seeing progress if I keep up these home workouts between CrossFit sessions, and continue working on proper form to build strength in my weakest spots.

Home Workout

1000 rope jumps
40 stair lifts, ea leg
40 wall squats

5 rounds:
5 chest/chin to bench pushups
20 backups
20 situps
5 chair dips

Completed the 5 rounds in 9:55.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
thurs / sep 22 - 45min yoga
fri / sep 23 - AM: 30min run / 45min yoga
sat / sep 24 - AM: 30min run / leisure bicycling: 2hrs
mon / sep 26 - 60min yoga
tues / sep 27 - 90min yoga

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Been a while since an update.

Tuesday 9-20
Legs. [can you tell I think leg work is boring?]

Thursday 9-22
Chest and Back. First time doing flat bench in a while, felt good. Finished with good old toes to rings

Saturday 9-24
Abs and Core. Planks, box jumps, weighted ab crunches.

Monday 9-26
Powercleans and tricep dips on the rings. Ow.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Tues 6am CrossFit class

Pre-Workout Skill Training - Box Jumps

- first practiced "recycling" box jumps, ie. using a lower box and practicing continuous jumping without pausing
- next practiced one-jump max height. I previously had not used anything but the 20" box. This time I did the 24" box (looks much higher than it sounds, is higher than mid-thigh for me, not far from my hips), and then did a jump with a weight piled on top of the 24" box for a total height of a bit more than 25".

WOD
3 rounds with decreasing reps of each exercise: 21-15-9, total 45 reps each exercise
thrusters (55 lb)
lateral burpees
completed the three rounds in 14:38

A thruster is when you squat with the bar at your shoulders, then stand up and lift it over your head so that your arms are extended straight over your head. I used 55 lbs, which is heavy for me for a lot of repetitions like that. My time was slow, but I was happy to challenge myself and get through it.

Last edited:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
update for last week: success all around. :hifive:

so far this week: played an extra gym soccer game after my scheduled one, so 2 hours of almost non-stop moving around (we had one sub). It's pretty different from regular (outdoor/turf) soccer activity-wise since the area is so small you're constantly moving as fast as possible but never actually running flat-out. Lots of twisting and few-step-sprints. Pretty sore today, but very fun!

That counts as my activity for the week but I'm still going to try to get in a p90x workout. I've been doing the same workout every week (arms and shoulders) since that's my favourite. When I'm used to that I'll add in Chest and Back (probably Nov1). I think that's probably good enough for a while since soccer will take care of legs and cardio fairly well. Not perfect but not too unbalanced.

I'm going to be modifying/increasing my goals every month. [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION]: If that makes it too difficult to track my progress in the spreadsheet, don't bother. I'm happy to just tag along. :)

New goals for Oct1 (posting a little prematurely - but 2 of the sports start this week):

1) exercise - sports 3x week
2) diet - "real meal" including a good amount of protein and some kind of vegetable(s) at least 1x/day (i.e. not 8 popsicles and some popcorn :cheese:), at least 6 days/week (aiming for daily)

(previous goals also still apply):

1) exercise - p90x or similarly intense workout for at least 30 mins (preferably more) 1x/week
2) weekly diet - cook 1 "healthy meal" 1x/week (low refined carbs, high veggies, good amount of protein)
3) daily diet - drink 2 glasses of water/day and eat a good amount of green veg at least 1x/day, at least 6 days/week (but aim for daily).

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Okay. So, we're meant to talk about goals. My main goal is to lose weight (Nij is chubby) and within that go back down to a D cup instead of an E so i can finally wesr pretty bras again.

This is of course along with wanting to be fit and tones like i used to be before meds fucked with my metabolism.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Wed 9/28

Quick wake-up jolt:
1000 rope jumps
25 stair lifts each leg
20 wall squats

Today - Thurs 9/29

6 am CrossFit class

pre-workout training: max weight push press - 5 reps, 3 reps, 1 rep
I did: 5 reps @ 55 lb, 3 @ 60 lb, 1 @ 65 lb

Also, I thought we were going to do the same movement as on Tues, but it turns out that what we did on Tues is called "thrusters", so I edited my earlier post accordingly. "Push press" is very similar to thrusters, but slightly harder. A thruster is when you squat and gather pushing momentum with your leg strength, then follow through with your arms. Push press is the same at the top of the move, but you don't squat. Instead, you get to start by bending your knees a little bit and use your legs for momentum, but there is much less momentum in a push press than in a thruster. So you normally have to use a lighter weight for a push press. However, having said that, push press is less exhausting aerobically.

WOD - 3 rounds for time:

500 m row (total 1500 m)
12 push press (50 lb, total 36 reps)
15 GHD situps (total 45 situps)

Completed the 3 rounds in 14:38.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
thurs / sep 22 - 45min yoga
fri / sep 23 - AM: 30min run / 45min yoga
sat / sep 24 - AM: 30min run / leisure bicycling: 2hrs
mon / sep 26 - 60min yoga
tues / sep 27 - 90min yoga

Do you find yoga helps with fat loss? Or it's more for toning? My yoga teacher friend swears that yoga teachers generally have 'nicer figures' than Pilates teachers but I think yoga teachers self select from a crowd of people who focus on eating healthy (low fat/low calorie/ lots of veggies) and are usually slender to begin with. Pilates is more about restorative work and muscle/bone structure so it draws from a more cerebral fitness crowd or ex-dancers. That's just what I randomly think.

Also, I thought it was so cute how you and [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] posted right after one another! >_< Also, your respective work outs are so different. 0.o

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Do you find yoga helps with fat loss? Or it's more for toning? My yoga teacher friend swears that yoga teachers generally have 'nicer figures' than Pilates teachers but I think yoga teachers self select from a crowd of people who focus on eating healthy (low fat/low calorie/ lots of veggies) and are usually slender to begin with. Pilates is more about restorative work and muscle/bone structure so it draws from a more cerebral fitness crowd or ex-dancers. That's just what I randomly think.

Also, I thought it was so cute how you and [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] posted right after one another! >_< Also, your respective work outs are so different. 0.o

yoga is definitely great for toning like you said.
but i think you'd need to be doing the most fast
paced / cardio types of yoga that'll raise the
heart rate up (ie ashtanga vinyasa/mysore/power yoga)
yoga is definitely more of a "lifestyle" compared
with pilates--where its focus is more on the physical
aspect. pilates for me is very ab intensive, i think
i what i get out of it is a stronger core. which in
turn helps me with my yoga practice. it's very
complementary.

i like workouts that i can do on the go. things
i can do at the office or at my apartment or
in a hotel room.

oh and [MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION], i was just telling jock about
one of my favourite sandwich places in sf.
http://ilikeikesplace.com/ yum. near castro.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
SO! Officially home, a little hung over :laugh: But I feel amazing! I've tweeked my plan a bit thanks to some people that know how to work out for real. :laugh: I.E. Not myself.

The plan:
- Two badass outdoor workout days. Run the distance, and mat drills on the way back at every quarter mile marker.
- Two days of gym time. Warm up run/walk for only 20 minute followed by cross fit training.
- One day of stretching and flexibility concentration. Yoga moves and working on holding positions and contractions.

The goals:

1. 270 on my PT test. This requires:
- 46 push-ups in 2 minutes. While I CAN do that already, the goal is to be strong enough to do them without pausing or stopping, which I'm not even close to doing.
- 80 sit ups in 2 minutes. Not even close to this one yet either.
- 18:36 for the 2 mile run. The other two events are max, as in 100 pts each. This one is only 70 points, because the 100 pt mark is 15:36. I have never seen that time in my life. :laugh: I don't expect to see it now.

2. Be stronger.
:c I don't have anything specific for this. I'm going to utilize IRL situations to guage how well I'm doing at this goal.. i.e. if a situation comes across I was able to handle, I'll consider it a good mark. If not, I'll know what to work harder on.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have completely forgotten where I am on my weeks, and if I am late posting or not. Must. Get. BETTER!

Anyway, I've done 90 situps in the last week, 2 sets of Pilates, and a ton of walking. Actually, I did about an hour's worth or so of running! My small ankles don't handle running well, so I never do it.

Since I am going up to Boston soon, much of my exercising will be in the form of Pilates, push ups, sit ups, and walking.

Now, I am off to do 30 more sit ups. Not sure why I choose 30. Anyway, I am noticing some change. Fiesta!

Ooooh, might incorporate some lunges.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going to be walking at the very least two hours today. And maybe running part of it. Thought I'd update first so I wouldn't for get.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Fri 9/30 Home Workout

20 wall squats
20 stair lifts each leg

5 rounds:
15 pushups
20 backups
20 situps
5 chair dips

Completed the 5 rounds in 10:15.

I changed the pushups again to an easier version to allow more reps, focusing on my weakest spot - the deep dip portion.

Sat 10/1 CrossFit Class

WOD: 5 rounds, 2 exercises, each round max reps you can do without taking a break:

bench press (I used 55 lb)
pull-ups (I used the medium band)

reps completed in each of the 5 rounds: 24 bench press/ 30 pull-ups; 10/20; 12/16; 12/20; 8/12

total bench press - 66 reps
total pull-ups - 98 reps

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Today I achieved a Zen-like mastery of my mind and body, somehow carrying myself over 6.5 miles in a sustained run

Today is an incredible day, because I learned I can still surprise myself

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to go ahead and count yesterday's strenuous activity as a workout for me since my muscles are sore all over... I say it counts!
I moved a 22 ft ladder around while I repaired my gutter in a couple of places.
My glutes got quite a workout going up and down that ladder!

This week's goal met!

I am not working this week, so I will up my goal to TWO workouts per week - probably Saturday and Wednesday.
I will probably go back to once a week, once I get a new job, but for right now, twice a week is a challenge for me.