• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Today was chest. Decline dumbell, flat bench, incline dumbell presses followed by weighted ab crunches.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Sat morning CrossFit

Original WOD: row 20 cal, 50 power cleans (95/65), 50 sit ups, 75 double unders, 50 kettle bell swings (55/35), 50 box jumps, 50 ring dips, 50 wall balls (20/14)

The class was too big to allow so many people to set up all that equipment, so instead we did partner workouts, with double the above numbers, split however you want between you & your partner. You're not allowed to both do it at the same time, instead you tag team each other, so it allows a lot of breaks. There were about 8 sets of partners, and my partner & I came first! :bananachamp: It was mainly cuz my partner was bad ass, but it was also because we made a great team. I was better at the aerobic exercises while she was better at the arm strength exercises, so I did most of the double unders, more than half of the box jumps, while she did more than half of the arm strength stuff.

We finished in 23:21. I scaled the weights down to 45lb for the power cleans (was light, probly should have used 55lb), and I used the 10lb wall ball instead of the 14lb ball. My workout partner used all of the prescribed weights cuz she kicks butt.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Summary of first full week, Mon Sept 5 - Sun Sept 11

Tues Sept 6:

Today's WOD:
3 rounds for time:
800 m run
30 sit-ups
20 kettle bell swings (I used a 25 lb kettle bell)

Finished in 20:45.

Thurs Sept 8:

WOD - 5 rounds for time, each round:
10 dead lifts (105 lbs)
15 pull-ups (used the medium band)
200 m run

Completed the 5 rounds in 18:04.

Fri Sept 9:

Ran up and down 1500 steps.

Sat Sept 10:

Original WOD: row 20 cal, 50 power cleans (95/65), 50 sit ups, 75 double unders, 50 kettle bell swings (55/35), 50 box jumps, 50 ring dips, 50 wall balls (20/14)

[Partner workout, double the reps above between the 2 partners, we finished in 23:21.

Scaled to 45lb for the power cleans, 10lb wall ball, everything else as prescribed]

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Weekly update:

I did my cardio 5x this week, instead of the alotted 3. Hurrah.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weekly Update:

Mon: 4.5 mile walk
Tue: Tennis (1.5 hour)
Sat: 4.5 mile jog / walk. (Same 8min/2min ratio as last week)

2 cheats used.

Suddenly all of my evenings are busy, and I failed to compensate for it by planning my workouts earlier in the day. Will fix for the next report.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I looked it up and watched a few videos. Played around with a few stretches as a cooldown in my class today. I'm interested in learning more now. Cheers.

I'm going to try to do it every Wednesday. It kicks my butt - in a really different way than anything else. I wonder if there are classes where you live. I'm sure there are. I really think you'd enjoy it very much.

=====

Sat: Did 45 min on the elliptical. Burned 350 calories.

EDIT: Mon: 45 min cardio. 365 calories.

Last edited:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Week Two Progress:
Cardio 4/4. Pushups 80/70. Yoga/Pilates 2/1

Going over my goals is nice :D. I have a 'rest' reminder program now for my computer to help on my pushup endeavor. Hoorah!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yesterday was arms with the barbell. 5x 10 shoulder presses, 20 curls, 30 dips, increasing weight 10 pounds each set. Ended up with 85 lbs on the bar, had to break the curls up at that point though to 10/10. Finished up with 25 toes to rings. Then got a migraine so in all kinds of pain today :(

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I failed my exercise for last week, I guess I have to use a cheat day. I don't even have a good excuse.

However, I did rock out my daily and weekly diet goals, so I guess I'm only half of a failure!

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I failed my exercise for last week, I guess I have to use a cheat day. I don't even have a good excuse.

However, I did rock out my daily and weekly diet goals, so I guess I'm only half of a failure!

You're the opposite of me! I rocked out my exercise goals, and failed at my diet goals. :laugh:

I'm proud of myself today, cuz I made it to the 6 am class again, even after staying up late last night. Getting to bed at a decent time is a constant struggle for me. I think my body clock is 25 or 26 hours long instead of 24 hours. I only had 4 hrs sleep, but I'm perfectly awake! (...so far, might need a nap later....)

Anyway, today's WOD:
15 min time limit
every min on the minute - 5 ring dips
after the ring dips, double unders
max 500 double unders

I used the medium band for my ring dips, with my knee in the band for most of it, but then switched to my foot in the band near the end when I was struggling with fatigue. I got to a total of 314 double unders and of course, 5 x 15 = 75 ring dips.

Before it started, I thought it would be easy to make it to 500 double unders, but I ended up only have 10-20 seconds left in each minute for double unders after doing dips and running back to the rope.

Oh yeah, and yesterday I ran up and down 1000 steps.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Almost 2 weeks down, 5 1/2 months to go.

(I'm saving my cheat days for Christmas and New Year's!)

Ugh, I just finished 3 months myself. Oh well, was planning on redoing it all again.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Today was legs. Similar to yesterday, 5x 10 squats, 20 leg extensions, 30 walking lunges with weights.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
So much for tomorrow's 6 am class. My car is in the shop and won't be ready until tomorrow evening. Oh well, hopefully I can go to tomorrow's evening class instead.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
sunday - 90min yogilates

monday - i did 51 flights up the stairs. i'm counting this because
i was in heels and carrying two bags--people leave the windows
in the stairwell open, and the rain gets in, no way to do it barefoot.

tuesday -
AM 30min core/trx
PM - 30min pilates floorwork

wednesday - PM 30min arms/trx

i'm dying to get some more yoga in.
don't have time for long sessions
this week. so i'm doing it in spurts.

i've been alternating raw food with
extremely unhealthy food, hoping
it will all cancel out (hahaha. bad mmhmm)

but i'm going to go get a colonic today.
i think i'd be too pooped for workout.
maybe try to squeeze something in
before i get basted.