• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Please note: As I am slammed at work and apparently my boss cannot do basic arithmetic - which, working in the industry that I do (accounting & finance) is just a teensy bit important - there is a slight delay in the posting of the progress report. Please bear with me as these time issues are dealt with.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:laugh: I totally forgot about potential progress report updates, so totally like a pleasant reminder for whenever.
Hope work stuff pans out and slows down :hug:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have sharp pains in both ankles whenever I walk a significant distance. What is this?

wolfy

awsm
The bar is low enough (it hangs from a doorway) that I don't think that would work logistically (unless maybe if I kneel or something....would have to look at the height again at home). I've been trying to mimic the chair thing they show in p90x with the floor, which seems to be approximately the same height difference as their very high bars with the chair. It just doesn't work very well for me, though. My bar is at roughly head-level for me when I stand on the floor. Maybe a bit higher.

Cool, thanks for the brand rec. I tried a cheap band "pullup" thing before where you hang it over a door and pull towards your chest, but it was both a) ridiculously easy and b) I was terrified it would snap off the door and smack me hard in the face. So I returned it.

edit: I'm guessing I'd want something like this, which says it's for pullups: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=138&pid=248

or maybe even the "strong" one.

Just depends how much help you want. I had someone use a mini band and they were fine. Post something in their Q and A. They will tell you.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The only working out I've done today was all day of packing, cursing, cramming, stomping, re-packing, more cursing, and "Oh shit I forgot--"ing. :laugh: I'll report back as soon as I can!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, I'm already a failure...any week but this week, and 4x a week would be a non-issue. As it happens, I've been unable to fit my workouts in around school and band stuff. Unlikely to fit 4 in before the weekend. Maybe I should just be an observer. Blerg.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
don't forget that you have cheat days!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yesterday was okay; guy I usually lift with's wife is having a baby so I jumped in to someone elses workout...but it was stinky, mostly plyometric stuff. Did ascending reps of 3's; pushups with feet on ball, barbell pullups with feet ball, and lat pulldowns @ 100 lbs. Made it to 22 reps in the 30 minutes I had. Back is sore as hell but chest feels untouched, so going to hit gym again today and do chest.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wednesday and Friday morning I did floor presses, lateral arm raises and squats. I didn't count how many reps, just did each one for as long as I could hold good form.

Hopefully the cool mornings will continue as I plan to go for a walk tomorrow morning.

Overall, good (partial) week. I feel good. :)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
don't forget that you have cheat days!

Yes! Thank you (and [MENTION=13844]redcheerio[/MENTION]) for reminding me...I'll just have to use a couple of cheat days. I did work out last night, and will again tomorrow.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I'd love to join this, however sadly, having to measure myself against other people (as i feel i would be here) just inspires my guilt complex if i ever took a day off, even if they're allowed occasionally.

And then i'd totally fib to you all about what i'd done on that day. And no one likes a fibber.

Seriously. Even food diaries don't work for me. They make me feel bad, so sometimes i leave things off so i can feel better about my day.

I AM A FLAWED PERSON OKAY?!

So, i'm going to participate in my own way, join in, but not join in officially. Although, i'll probably do the before and after pics because im essentially a cam whore and like getting my goodies out for people.

At this stage though, i DO have some things working for me. Like my ESFJ bff who is now at the same gym as me and a six minute walk from my house. She will kick my arse into shape, she doesn't take my "I want to stay in my room and play on the internet" as an excuse. DAMN HER. I also need to be thinner for my next round of intended scarification so that it all heals properly. If i'm not, i can't get it done.

Also, I just lost my licence for 6 months, so i can't actually drive anywhere. This by proxy will make me fitter as i have to walk/catch busses everywhere.

I will be a lurking member of this organisation.

anyway /end me hijacking thread.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This week is going to either be bad or spectacularly bad for me. Depending on what I do tomorrow, I'm going to have to use 1 or 2 cheats.

I did send off emails to the two CrossFit organizations in my area that hold the most promise. I may start as soon as Monday depending on the requirements for joining.

I'd love to join this, however sadly, having to measure myself against other people (as i feel i would be here) just inspires my guilt complex if i ever took a day off, even if they're allowed occasionally.

And then i'd totally fib to you all about what i'd done on that day. And no one likes a fibber.

Seriously. Even food diaries don't work for me. They make me feel bad, so sometimes i leave things off so i can feel better about my day.

I AM A FLAWED PERSON OKAY?!

So, i'm going to participate in my own way, join in, but not join in officially. Although, i'll probably do the before and after pics because im essentially a cam whore and like getting my goodies out for people.

At this stage though, i DO have some things working for me. Like my ESFJ bff who is now at the same gym as me and a six minute walk from my house. She will kick my arse into shape, she doesn't take my "I want to stay in my room and play on the internet" as an excuse. DAMN HER. I also need to be thinner for my next round of intended scarification so that it all heals properly. If i'm not, i can't get it done.

Could you try something like:

1) make a reasonable goal, like 2x or 3x a week and
2) make yourself accountable to the ESFJ in a way that you can't fib to her.

I've been leaning on my ESFJ friend a bit for something very similar, in fact. They are *great* for that! If she can keep you honest you can then just post the glorious results here and bask in the green user name.

... of course, if you are one to let yourself get busted by the ESFJ and then lie to us afterward, then I can understand your hesitance. :)

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Could you try something like:

1) make a reasonable goal, like 2x or 3x a week and
2) make yourself accountable to the ESFJ in a way that you can't fib to her.

I've been leaning on my ESFJ friend a bit for something very similar, in fact. They are *great* for that! If she can keep you honest you can then just post the glorious results here and bask in the green user name.

... of course, if you are one to let yourself get busted by the ESFJ and then lie to us afterward, then I can understand your hesitance. :)

Hmmmmm. I'll have to think it through and see whether or not my natural deflection to fibbing about the amount of exercise i've done would come into play in that instance.

The last time my ESFJ and i gymmed it, we'd go 5 nights a week for 2 hours a session. I was also calorie bound to 900 a day.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hmmmmm. I'll have to think it through and see whether or not my natural deflection to fibbing about the amount of exercise i've done would come into play in that instance.

The last time my ESFJ and i gymmed it, we'd go 5 nights a week for 2 hours a session. I was also calorie bound to 900 a day.

Wow, what was the result? The strictest diet plans I've seen are 1000 calorie a day diets and that's for HCG diets (which I don't trust)

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I got VERY fit and dropped weight. Gained a lot of it back in muscle though, unfortunately my medication causes me to gain weight/makes it hard to lose, so i have to work twice as hard as i would if i wasn't taking it.

The calorie restriction was pretty easy tbh, it was summer, so most of my snacking was on raw fruit and vegetables and small amounts of protien. I did the thing where you eat a small amount about every two hours, rather than main meals, which worked really well as i like grazing/snacking and it kept it easy to stay in the restricted limit while still feeling like i was eating a lot.

Once i hit the goal weight, the calorie amount slowly would increase, as it's easier to maintain than lose.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Medication for my Bipolar. It fucks with my liver and my weight.