• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^ :laugh: Leave it to a J to worry about things like that.. the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. :doh:
:blush: It doesn't even help J-matters if I say it's because of my goal-thread going by things like "Cardio: 4/4" and needing to know when to restart them. It becomes more like "You're so J it hurts" lol

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm. Do I count today as the start of a new week for the challenge? :huh:
If so, how is Wednesday-Today counted in terms of goals met and not met?

As I understand it, the first partial week is 5 days and the partial week at the end is 2 days. The 2 partial weeks will be counted as a single week.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:)

I was just really unaware of any start date. What is holding you back from 70 push ups? Where do you fail? Top or bottom?
I think anyone can join on whenever to get green username awesomeness, but those who are 'competing' for a prize just had to have their goals in by/on 8/31.

In-between! Oh those damn pushups. It's a tie between my girlyman arm-strength and just forgetting to do them. I should set a reminder to do 10 every few hours or something.

wolfy

awsm
In-between! Oh those damn pushups. It's a tie between my girlyman arm-strength and just forgetting to do them. I should set a reminder to do 10 every few hours or something.

In between is no man's land. Do at least one set to failure a day. Don't forget... remember.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took my starting weight today at 260.2 pounds. One of my first goals is to break the 250 barrier, since it still haunts me. After that, I'll take it from there.

Also, I'll take my starting pictures tomorrow.

Beorn

Permabanned
Good luck everyone!

Most of my involvement in the forum involves arguing about politics and religion so I'm really looking forward to being a part of something that is positive and encouraging.

A

Anew Leaf

I don't think it's too late to participate in the thread, though! You may not get the prize or anything, but you'll get a green user name for as long as you play along!

... that is, if you want to officially participate.

I would like to participate :). The more places I can't hide from my goals, the better. :D

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooo I screwed up. If I post my goals now, can I still get a green name. Don't need a prize.

I've decided to document my exercise here, seeing as I'm oober p that will be a trial, and sorry to be frustrating I will kinda have to review it on a weekly basis due to work and up coming study issues, but ultimately my goal is be active and exersize daily for at least 30 mins. This should include walking, yoga, and/or pilates, also zumba classes when I can
attend. Maybe swimming. But my initial goal is to start off with exercise 3x times a week. This should be my minimum.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I don't have internet access for 36 hours and everyone goes poof post. :ninja:

Well, maybe after you gain 15 pounds...

This challenge isn't really a competition AGAINST each other anyway.
We're here to encourage each other and help keep each other accountable to our own goals.
The prize at the end isn't the REAL prize.
The REAL prize is being in better health, self-respect and self-esteem.

I hope you like Canada. I'm hoping to find a British Canadian myself someday. :wubbie:

All of this is accurate... everyone can approach it in their own way, though, as long as they do not negatively affect others' experience of the Challenge. :) YWIR just happens to be a little on the competitive side. Just watch!

This is what I read.

Is this like when a small child interprets their mother's words so that they can do whatever they originally wanted to do, even though it was actually a refusal? :)

Ooh, I'm in! (Yes, I know it's already started...)

Spiffy!

Hm. Do I count today as the start of a new week for the challenge? :huh:
If so, how is Wednesday-Today counted in terms of goals met and not met?

Yes. Monday through Sunday is the normal week - it's just that beginning this competition on the 31st of the month necessitated also beginning on a Wednesday; the challenge also ends on a Wednesday.

In terms of the contest, the two half weeks add up to one at the end, so for the purposes of calculating goals met and cheats used it doesn't matter at the end. On the spreadsheet it looks a little odd, that's all.

There was a start date?

:shocking:

As I understand it, the first partial week is 5 days and the partial week at the end is 2 days. The 2 partial weeks will be counted as a single week.

Yes.

Good luck everyone!

Most of my involvement in the forum involves arguing about politics and religion so I'm really looking forward to being a part of something that is positive and encouraging.

I look forward to having ye here. :cheers:

I would like to participate :). The more places I can't hide from my goals, the better. :D

Feel free, good to have ye. :)

No exercise today. :(

That was yesterday, if I read correctly. "Today" is a new day, now. :) That means this statement can easily change.

Ooo I screwed up. If I post my goals now, can I still get a green name. Don't need a prize.

I've decided to document my exercise here, seeing as I'm oober p that will be a trial, and sorry to be frustrating I will kinda have to review it on a weekly basis due to work and up coming study issues, but ultimately my goal is be active and exersize daily for at least 30 mins. This should include walking, yoga, and/or pilates, also zumba classes when I can
attend. Maybe swimming. But my initial goal is to start off with exercise 3x times a week. This should be my minimum.

I remember you posting and asking about it earlier. Yes. Not in the challenge's contest, but as a friendly participant, surely. :)

Friendly reminder: Any updates for last week need to be posted by the end of Wednesday; correspondingly, all contestants' updates and progress will be posted in summarised form either late Wednesday or early Thursday.

Beorn

Permabanned
Ftr, my beginning goal is to exercise 4x a week for a minimum of an hour (hiking or biking) and to do back stretches everyday. An expansion on this will be posted to my own exercise thread as well as more specific nutrition goals. The big nutrition goal will be no beer at home and no more than one beer if I go out, but only once a week.

POwriter

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
My current goals: half and hour to an hour of gym time every Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday; and increasing my running endurance by a quarter of a mile each month (right now I can do a quarter of a mile, or one full lap before being winded. I'd like to do a mile and a half in the next six months.

~P

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Today was 100 powercleans @ only 75 lbs for shoulder endurance and 50 toes to bar at the end.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
i can haz green name? i run a few times/week and i skip rope like rocky. [ducks/weaves]

If you wish to participate, post goals and progress thus far (since it sounds like ye work out already, that could count). Being a friendly participant (as opposed to those who are in the contest portion of the Challenge) is possible whenever anyone wishes to join.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just saw this today. I'm setting a goal of lifting my weights 3 times a week, tentatively Mon, Wed, Fri - but I'm flexible with that. And at least one day a week (maybe weekends) do some walking. The walking will be easier when it finally cools off around here (i.e. January :cry: ;))

I last lifted Thursday, so I skipped Monday this week, but then I hadn't really set the goal yet. I am going to get up and lift in the morning tomorrow before work.

Oh, and I don't check this forum nearly as often as I did when we were doing the first challenge deal, so it would be awesome if someone could message me to remind me to update my progress. (Udog was kind enough to do this several times last year)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(is it preferred to post our weekly updates here or in our own threads? or maybe in a new "weekly updates" thread? :happy2:)

For the half week (Wed-MonSun - this half week confuses the *&^&^% out of me for no reason, maybe because Monday was a holiday here....anyway...):

-achieved modest weekly exercise goal (1x p90x)
-achieved weekly meal goal (cooking one healthy meal from scratch)
-good so far with daily goals of drinking 2 glasses of water and eating green veg at (minimum) 1 meal. which are both harder than I thought they'd be, honestly.