• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

A

Anew Leaf

My current revamped goals are:

3x/week cardio
3x/week Yoga/weights/etc

I don't need to be part of the contest as I am starting late. I'm just happy to have another place to hold me accountable to myself a bit. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am less sore this Sunday than I was last Sunday!
That's good!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My current revamped goals are:

3x/week cardio
3x/week Yoga/weights/etc

I don't need to be part of the contest as I am starting late. I'm just happy to have another place to hold me accountable to myself a bit. :D

I don't think it's too late to participate in the thread, though! You may not get the prize or anything, but you'll get a green user name for as long as you play along!

... that is, if you want to officially participate.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Well, maybe after you gain 15 pounds...

This challenge isn't really a competition AGAINST each other anyway.
We're here to encourage each other and help keep each other accountable to our own goals.
The prize at the end isn't the REAL prize.
The REAL prize is being in better health, self-respect and self-esteem.

This is what I read.

F

figsfiggyfigs

It's okay. You'd lose anyway, so it's probably better that you hide behind your Twinkies.

:devil:

Satisfaction from eating a Twinkie for the first time in 5 years > Satisfaction from easily defeating you.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Satisfaction from eating a Twinkie for the first time in 5 years > Satisfaction from easily defeating you.

I assure you any victory on your part would be hard fought. Sounds like you are choosing to delude yourself to excuse yourself.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Today was sort of a supplemental workout, but good, as my schedule this week is messed up a tad since gym is closed on Monday.

Bicep, tricep, shoulders. Drop sets, from 10-2 but increasing weight each time. 2 sets each muscle group. Will do them again Tuesday.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today was sort of a supplemental workout, but good, as my schedule this week is messed up a tad since gym is closed on Monday.

Bicep, tricep, shoulders. Drop sets, from 10-2 but increasing weight each time. 2 sets each muscle group. Will do them again Tuesday.

Is there a template or system that you base your workouts on?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cool. I really need to start jogging again. This will be extra incentive.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, stretches and walking 5-6 days per week (this is not challenging for me) but I'm going to add 3 days of jogging per week back to that (this is challenging and what I've failed to do in recent months) and 50 sit-ups/crunches/ab work 4 days per week.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Is there a template or system that you base your workouts on?

Pain=good.

In all seriousness, I try to lift heavy but get a lot of reps too. So I do a lot of drop sets and decreasing sets where I'm starting out with lower weights on the higher rep ranges to improve strength/endurance but moving heavy once I hit 6-1 reps or so. For example, my bench workout earlier started at 135 @ 10 reps and finished with a max @225. I tend to get the most improvement doing it this way.

Beorn

Permabanned
I'm interested in starting late as well even without the prize. You guys won't mind if i fill the thread with my posts will ya?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
YES WE WOULD. It's already started, too late.

/istj :troll:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
saturday was my unleash aggression day.
90min session yoga/trx sat
60min 2km swim sat

90min session yoga/trx sun

60min session bikram mon

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sunday: yoga, meditation, walked for hours (at the mall, what great incentive :cheese:)

Today, I am going to Busch Gardens, so a ton more walking there. I think all this exercise is temporarily causing me to gain weight. Or maybe it is all the carrots!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hm. Do I count today as the start of a new week for the challenge? :huh:
If so, how is Wednesday-Today counted in terms of goals met and not met?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :laugh: Leave it to a J to worry about things like that.. the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. :doh: