• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today is Friday. I'm so happy about that fact that I want to celebrate by getting some pizza and beer and watching Kill Bill this evening. But if I do that I'll have to be sure to make it up on the weekend. Decisions.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My question is the same as [MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION] - post here or separate thread as a few other folks seem to be doing.

Weekly summary: I have the pedo on my belt. Monitoring this week has been to set a baseline from which to work.

Mon: 5438
Tues: 6510
Wed: 4396
Thurs: 4634

Working on the computer seriously impacts general movement (as I already know, but kind of shocking to see it numerically.) Probably half to 2/3 of those steps were aerobic steps (walking the dog). Went through my DVD's and found the level I need to recommence at (again).

Recommitted to eating better (again.) I have been slacking some, resting on my laurels, so to speak, having lost 15 lbs already.

Need to come up with an overall strategy now. :)

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Tell me about the Soirée part. Is wine involved?

I wish there was wine involved. Too bad It's great that alcohol is so fattening tasty. But then, it has its benefits.

Yes, among other things. :happy: Also, fixed it for ye.

p.s. is there a reason why this exercise forum
is not a subforum of the health and fitness forum?

Its sheer awesomeness simply would not fit within the boundaries of another forum.

Are we supposed to start our own threads to keep track of things?

My question is the same as CzeCze - post here or separate thread as a few other folks seem to be doing.

The choice is up to ye all. I do have a bit of a preference for separate threads simply because that makes it easier to track (and discussions/tips/commiseration regarding your own workouts and goals would be specific to your own thread which would be easier to look at), but it's not rocket science either way.

FYI to all: After consolidating all the names/goals/progress I'll request the madminmoderators of loveliness to change the specified users' names to green by the end of the weekend.

Also, announcements in this thread will be blue from now on. Why? It stands out and I like the colour. :coffee:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are positive health benefits to a glass of wine each day, you know.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The choice is up to ye all. I do have a bit of a preference for separate threads simply because that makes it easier to track (and discussions/tips/commiseration regarding your own workouts and goals would be specific to your own thread which would be easier to look at), but it's not rocket science either way.

FYI to all: After consolidating all the names/goals/progress I'll request the madminmoderators of loveliness to change the specified users' names to green by the end of the weekend.

Also, announcements in this thread will be blue from now on. Why? It stands out and I like the colour. :coffee:
I was debating making a me-specific thread. :laugh: Think you've helped me decide that my long love for the other challenge thread will resign itself, and I'll fully convert to this subsection. :pours one out for her homie:

As per future green: :yay:
& I dig the blue announcement. Had you chosen red, we may all feel threatened and pressured lol. Red is such an angry color.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dance from 8-9, and a 50 minute walk. Goals are being well met.

And I have been super snacking on carrots. Mmmmmm.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, my goal is 45 mins, 4x a week, with bonus workouts when I have the time.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Alright, [MENTION=6276]Zoom[/MENTION] I labelled everyone in the thread that I saw had posted official goals. If I missed someone, please let me know. I'm certain I probably did.

As for me, I'm headed to the gym now for my 3rd cardio session of the week.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
met my goal for the week

I woke up feeling stiff and sore this morning.
I really did NOT feel like exercising!

But I did it! :static:
It took about 45 minutes.

4 minute warm up; standing leg work: squats, lunges, calf raises, anterior tibialis; Floor work: outer thighs, inner thighs, arm and leg lifts, buttocks, abdominals - reverse curl, obliques, Kegels; Upper body: Chest Press - 8 lbs., rear delts/lats - one hand row, lateral raise, external rotation, bicep curls - 8 lbs, triceps - 5 lbs; stretching.

5eed_35.JPG

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Today was wind sprints, 20x100 meters at the track with a class from the gym, followed by mile cooldown.

Awesome for abs, legs, lower back, but it's sneaky. Doesn't feel rough at the time but the next day you're wondering what the hell happened to you.

A

Anew Leaf

I am actually just about to revamp my exercise and nutition goals for the Fall/Winter so this works pretty good. I should have my stuff hammered out this weekend and I can post what I come up with then.

:)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Been dancing an hour minimum. Learning Argentine tango, so I can dance super sensuously! I'm actually breaking out in a sweat. Also, have practiced a bit of quickstep and west coast swing. And tango.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Saturday 10am CrossFit class

warmup - 1K run, DROM (dynamic range of motion), warming up WOD movements

WOD: 5 rounds for time, each round
15 deadlifts
15 toes to bar (holy crap, I can't believe people are capable of this for realz :shocking:)

For deadlifts, I used 105 lbs :pumpyouup:
Instead of toes to bar, I did my best version of knees to elbows, which means getting my knees up as high as I could.
Finished the 5 rounds in 13:05.

Large class today, finished somewhere in the middle, but that doesn't mean much cuz everyone is working at their own level. Finishing last sometimes means you are the beginner, or it means that you are pushing yourself harder than everyone else by choosing a more difficult version of the workout compared to your fitness level. Some people had much lighter weights than me, some much heavier. Lots of people doing knees to elbows instead of toes to bar, but some doing toes to bar (duuuude).

Toes to bar means you are hanging from a bar with your feet dangling, and you use your stomach muscles + whatever other muscles to pull your feet up to touch the bar you are hanging from, so that you are folded in half, if that makes sense, and then release and dangle again. Each time you do that counts as one toes-to-bar rep. The WOD called for 5 x 15 = 75 reps of these in total.

Oh, and tomorrow we're going away for a few days to celebrate our first anniversary. :wubbie: So it's going to disrupt my regular CrossFit schedule, but I'll be working out doing other stuff while we're away. I might try to fit 3 classes in when we get back anyway, not sure. If I only do 2 CrossFit classes next week but do other workouts while we're away, does this count as a cheat day?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:3 Remember that time I completed everything? I had to adjust the days a bit to accommodate work, but the goals were definitely met.

This upcoming week:
Gym. Twice. Or bust.
Run twice. Stretch properly before it.
Come up with something fun to do that adds to my upper body strength more. :3 I'll figure this one out somehow.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just went on another exactly 50 minute walk. Like yesterday. How is this happening?

Ugh, my legs are twitching. I need to sleep.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wed: 3 mile jog walk (8 min walk 2 min jog every 10 minutes)
Fri: 3 mile jog walk (same ratio)
Sat: 2 mile walk on beach.

I won't be doing any exercise Sun.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I always say how badly I want to join this challenge, and how unfitting it is for my current situation--which is true. Right now, I want to join the challenge so badly, just to beat you lot; unfortunately, I'm moving to Canada in 2 weeks, and the first thing I'll be doing, is attacking the junk-food isles in the good 'ol north-american supermarkets. This desire outweighs my desire to whip you all.

Maybe I'll start eating right, and go out on long walks more often.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I always say how badly I want to join this challenge, and how unfitting it is for my current situation--which is true. Right now, I want to join the challenge so badly, just to beat you lot; unfortunately, I'm moving to Canada in 2 weeks, and the first thing I'll be doing, is attacking the junk-food isles in the good 'ol north-american supermarkets. This desire outweighs my desire to whip you all...
Well, maybe after you gain 15 pounds...

This challenge isn't really a competition AGAINST each other anyway.
We're here to encourage each other and help keep each other accountable to our own goals.
The prize at the end isn't the REAL prize.
The REAL prize is being in better health, self-respect and self-esteem.

I hope you like Canada. I'm hoping to find a British Canadian myself someday. :wubbie: