• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge & Soirée

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, great for you [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]! I'm just slacking and eating like crap for as long as I can until this thing starts. :doh:

+1

*sits in pile of filth*

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
+1

*sits in pile of filth*

Samuel Adams just released their Octoberfest seasonal. I'm not that much of a beer drinker, but every year when it first comes out I buy a case and finish it in a day or two. So anyway, tonight I am giving my liver a good workout in preparation of the contest. :laugh:

wolfy

awsm
I suppose it'd be good to get used to posting workouts.

Yesterday I lifted for about an hour. Worked up to five reps in squat, bench, deadlift and overhead press that took thirty minutes. Did a thirty minute ab session. The abs was choreography practice as well as training. I also gave a thirty minute pump lesson. Today I am stretching thirty minutes.

So that is two thirty minute lifting sessions, one metabolic training session and one stretch session.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can see how that would be helpful. You might get more people outside of the exercise program to occasionally check up on ya, if that's something you want. :D

I was thinking that it's hard for me to keep track of everyone's goals. If they had it in their sig, then I wouldn't have to remember and then when they post, I can see how it compares to their goals. But maybe that's not necessary.
I'm in shadow mode these days, so I don't make a whole lot of sense.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i've been flirting with the trx suspension kit
i hooked it up on my office door and play there.

i actually really like this method of using your body weight,
and for me, it was a very natural transition since i do
yoga.

i wish i was as good as all the youtubers doing it.
i'm giving myself 3 months to kick their ass.
okay. maybe more. meowmeow.

trx.jpg

V

violaine

My goals will be tweaked as I go along to make sure they are a challenge. For now:

4 instances per week of either: yoga/1 hour of bike-riding/1 to 2 hours of walking/45 mins of swimming. My larger goal is that I want to be able to do some of the really difficult yoga poses by the end of six months. I need to build my upper body strength. Wrist strength in particular.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
FYI to all: A slight preference has been shown for the new subforum (should the lovely madmin approve it) to be a members-only area.

I was thinking that it's hard for me to keep track of everyone's goals. If they had it in their sig, then I wouldn't have to remember and then when they post, I can see how it compares to their goals. But maybe that's not necessary.
I'm in shadow mode these days, so I don't make a whole lot of sense.

If it helps any: as I said, I will be consolidating everyone's goals at the end of day (I've worked in accounting and finance too bloody long) on the 31st into one place. Also, I will be keeping track of everyone's progress (via an Excel spreadsheet) who takes part in the contest portion 'cause otherwise how will we know who deserves a garland of flowers strung around their neck at the end of this whole bit? :happy:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Jock's Goals

My goal is for the power to be restored at the gym so I can go to it.
-----------------------------------

In all seriousness. My goal is to gain 10 pds of muscle weight in the 6 months, which is sort of high but whatever. This is largely going to be dependent on a perfect diet, lots of rubrubs and thai massages from [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION], endless pestering of [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] for tips and secrets, and my shoulders not quitting on me. So, very much a team effort.

I will workout at least 4x a week, hopefully 6. Baseline weight and bodyfat % will come tomorrow, as well as before and after pix. Or whenever I get power/internet back and don't have to post on my phone from starbucks.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Zoom has goals, yes 'ze do.

I want to be able to do these things:
  • Pullups
  • Vertical pushups
As well as gain in these departments:
  • Muscle definition
  • Flexbility
Muscle gain is not specifically a goal, but I'm sure a bit will occur as a side effect.

Weekly vehicles for all o' this:
  • 3 one hour-long weight sessions (which can be split into upper body/lower body sessions)
  • 2 occurrences of me doing something I enjoy (Martial arts, practicing acrobatics, swimming) for ~30 minutes during the weekdays
  • 1 occurrence of me doing something I enjoy for a bloody long while on the weekend (Bikram yoga or hiking or somesuch) - this'll normally take an hour and a half or so

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
FYI to all: A slight preference has been shown for the new subforum (should the lovely madmin approve it) to be a members-only area.
I like the idea, though I hadn't said anything yet.

If it helps any: as I said, I will be consolidating everyone's goals at the end of day (I've worked in accounting and finance too bloody long) on the 31st into one place. Also, I will be keeping track of everyone's progress (via an Excel spreadsheet) who takes part in the contest portion 'cause otherwise how will we know who deserves a garland of flowers strung around their neck at the end of this whole bit? :happy:
Excellent!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been thinking about this. I think I'd like to start out really easily and add a new goal every month (while keeping the old ones). So mine are going to be um, embarrassingly easy, at least for now. I literally do not exercise right now, lol. I don't want to be in the running for a prize because my goals are too easy but I'd like to participate in everything else. :D

Exercise:

-1 session/week of any p90x routine (I think they're all about 45 minutes) or any other active thing I want to do for at least 30 minutes (not counting scheduled sports...pickup sports would work though). Walking doesn't count.

-I intend to sign up for soccer two nights a week (1 indoor turf, 1 gym) and volleyball one night a week, but if that changes I might edit my goals...they also won't start for a while and will end during the winter holidays. I don't know if I want the sports to be part of my formal goals since I'll rarely miss them anyway.

Eating:

-drinking more water everyday - let's say at least 1 full (very large) drinking glass at work for weekdays, and 2 full glasses of water/day during the weekend. I'm guessing that's about 750mL. Not counting water during sports. I'll say herbal or green tea counts, if no milk or sugar.
-some (pref. leafy) green vegetables for at least one meal per day!!! this one might be hard for me due to laziness, not because I don't like them.
-cooking from scratch at least one (pref. new recipe) healthy meal/week. Healthy meaning little to no refined carbs, lots of vegetables, some protein, with mostly or entirely "whole" foods.

How does it work for this Wed-Sun if the weeks will be starting on Mondays? Does it not really start until next Monday?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How does it work for this Wed-Sun if the weeks will be starting on Mondays? Does it not really start until next Monday?

I was wondering the same thing. This is important stuff because I need to know if I'm going to eat healthy tomorrow or not. :laugh:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I vote we just deal with having two partial weeks. I'm ready to go.

V

violaine

I started yesterday but I'd prefer the week runs Monday to Sunday. Not a big deal if that's a hassle though.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8

I was wondering the same thing. This is important stuff because I need to know if I'm going to eat healthy tomorrow or not. :laugh:

:hi:

Please note: This party starts tomorrow.

The 29th of February is also a Wednesday, so in terms of the length of the challenge 'tis an even number of months - even to the point of beginning and ending on a Wednesday. For the purposes of calculation, participants are disqualified from winning (please do continue participating and working toward yon goals and generally being awesome around here, eh?) after they use 13 cheats (this is based on allowing exactly 1 cheat every two weeks).

In terms of individuals' updates: post either at the end of the week or per workout, as you choose - for this week, just update in whatever fashion you were planning on utilizing. The number of workouts per week and the cheats used are what shall be counted on a weekly basis, but as for how it affects ye all - it doesn't, except in regards to how one does or does not want to be able to see their progress represented in terms of the data.

So the week will indeed run Monday to Sunday. Updates will go by that schedule (i.e., the final updates for a week should be made no later than Wednesday of the following week). I will show the progress by that standard*. But the first day of the challenge is indeed tomorrow.

*Yeah, yeah, this week will look weird on the spreadsheet.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sweet. Let's do this! :pumpyouup::static::bananachamp:

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Please also note*:

For anyone who wishes to participate in the challenge itself: please make sure your finalized goals are in this thread by the end of tomorrow. They can change, of course, one simply need poke me with a pointy stick and say so.

If ye've already posted them, no worries.

:happy:

*Colour!