User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I thought of some goals today. I think it was ten plus thirty minute sessions a week and upper body photos. I can't remember and I think I lost the piece of paper. I'm pretty sure that was it.
    Me Gusta. :3

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    This is the program I used today.
    It's perfect for me since I am over 50.
    [IMG]
    Does it have any floor work on it? My mother has trouble getting down and up off the floors, but if it's all standing workouts I might look into getting this for her as well.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Does it have any floor work on it? My mother has trouble getting down and up off the floors, but if it's all standing workouts I might look into getting this for her as well.
    Hey kyuuei, yes, I'm afraid it does. But Amazon reviews are the best place to check for exercise videos.
    I once got my mom a video that was all done from a seated position... stretching and light exercise. Maybe that would be more in line with what your mom can do? Unfortunately it was several years ago and I don't remember the name any more.

I will ask her if she still has it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Me Gusta. :3

Chair exercise might be something to look into as well. Just google chair exercise.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ok... I DID IT!!
    It was challenging and I'm already sore,
    but I'm very grateful to Zoom for starting up this challenge, and for inviting me!
    I would not have exercised today otherwise.
    I am going to reward myself with a nice hot bath tonight!
    I am very glad this has worked out well for ye. I appreciate your thanks.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I would like to enter the competition aspect, as competition brings out determination in me, however I will hopefully be having surgery before the end of the year which will probably restrict my exercise to walking up and down stairs at home, slowly, for 2-4 weeks and restricted exercise after that for a bit. Therefore at that point I may have to drop back to friendly participant, not competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Okay everyone, I'm going to THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET. It's so serious that the seriousness can only be conveyed in ALL CAPS. That's SERIOUS. Seriously.

I'm going to take before pictures.
    At the end of six months, I'm going to take after pictures.

I will post these before and after pictures in the lounge no matter what. Even if I gain 5 pounds, I will be obligated to post the before and after pictures. Every time I feel like slacking too much, I will remember this challenge and use it to stay on track.

Is there anyone else that is a bad enough dude to save the president join me?
    Bravo brave flying dogman! I say that's the kind of pressure that would have a pressuring effect. I'm down for that, my lazeass P needs pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Last time we threw diet ideas in with the challenge as well, and it worked out well. The down side was that it makes for a horrible reference thread if you want to go back and find recipes, especially as the thread hits 1,000+ posts. A dedicated thread *might* be better for recipes because of that.
    I know a seperate thread has been set up, but maybe a special forum set up (ie gauntlet-style) would be beneficial here. Part of why I lost interest in following the thread last time was because of how megga-massive it got.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    I am very glad this has worked out well for ye. I appreciate your thanks.

I am sore all over this morning!

btw: the worst of hurricane Irene seems to be over.
    All we got were thunderstorms overnight.
    Right now, we've got rain and 10 mph winds,
    and only one inch of rain so far...
    They say it should be over in about 3.5 hours.

Apparently, the hurricane hasn't got here yet! LOL! 75 mph winds predicted for this evening. It's in Connecticut right now.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Bravo brave flying dogman! I say that's the kind of pressure that would have a pressuring effect. I'm down for that, my lazeass P needs pressure!
    That totally puts the "P" in "heeeelllll yeeeeeaaaaah"!

I know a seperate thread has been set up, but maybe a special forum set up (ie gauntlet-style) would be beneficial here. Part of why I lost interest in following the thread last time was because of how megga-massive it got.
    I love this idea! We can have a dedicated thread for status updates, and informational stuff can go other places. I vote "yes" for Proposition Exercise Gauntlet Forum.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I would like to enter the competition aspect, as competition brings out determination in me, however I will hopefully be having surgery before the end of the year which will probably restrict my exercise to walking up and down stairs at home, slowly, for 2-4 weeks and restricted exercise after that for a bit. Therefore at that point I may have to drop back to friendly participant, not competitor.

Looking forward to having ye participate. Could the forum also be a members-only area? Might that be possible? That could assist in keeping things like the photos people might post a bit more private while still in the Gauntlet forum's section...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I'm in.

I've already lost about 15 pounds, so my before and after in this thread is not going to be as impressive from this moment forward. I am going after the second set of 15 pounds to lose now. Then I will be at my ideal weight, around 128.

I am going to work towards 10000 steps a day as my aerobic workout (with one day off a week.) I got a new pedometer a couple of weeks ago so I need to start using it and see how much I am currently doing.

In addition, I want to increase my flexibility so will do the stretching DVD 3x a week. Then, as both goals are achieved, I will notch this up some.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching