User Tag List

First 33414243444553 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The gym went well yesterday <3 Lifted weight with my legs, realized I'm not a badass and put the weight down, and continued to lift.

Running on the trails and mat drills today. @_@ I've added slight weights to it lately. We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow's gym day calls for weighted sit-ups and circuit-training for my arms.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not down.

As a note- just completed my 40 more situps.

100 situps for the day- check.
    Awesome, go for it!

(Although, I wouldn't count it against you if you find tomorrow that you need to work your way up to it.... )

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Awesome, go for it!

(Although, I wouldn't count it against you if you find tomorrow that you need to work your way up to it.... )
    I have pretty tough muscles in my stomach. Though after 3 or 4 days of this...don't be surprised if I have to do it in sets

This is going to be a fun and motivating challenge.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I have pretty tough muscles in my stomach. Though after 3 or 4 days of this...don't be surprised if I have to do it in sets

This is going to be a fun and motivating challenge.
    Sets are a great way to do it. It gives you a break between manageable numbers of reps while you work on something else, so you end up doing more reps of everything than you otherwise would have. Are there any other exercises you need to work on? You could do them in rounds.

I also find I do them faster and more of them if I time myself, and keep track of how long I take each day that I do it.

My rounds that I told you about took about 16 min the first time I timed myself. Over about 2 weeks, I trimmed that down to about 10:45, and then below 9 min. Then I changed the exercises for harder ones and it took me back up to 10 min, cuz I think it's important to remain challenged.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Sets are a great way to do it. It gives you a break between manageable numbers of reps while you work on something else, so you end up doing more reps of everything than you otherwise would have. Are there any other exercises you need to work on? You could do them in rounds.

I also find I do them faster and more of them if I time myself, and keep track of how long I take each day that I do it.

My rounds that I told you about took about 16 min the first time I timed myself. Over about 2 weeks, I trimmed that down to about 10:45, and then below 9 min. Then I changed the exercises for harder ones and it took me back up to 10 min, cuz I think it's important to remain challenged.
    Hm, my other exercises are mostly walking and pilates/yoga. I could do that with pilates, probably, but I am very focused on becoming more flexible through yoga.

I did my sit ups to music- 4 minutes exactly. That way I can have a comparison. It pushed me as the song neared the end.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Hm, my other exercises are mostly walking and pilates/yoga. I could do that with pilates, probably, but I am very focused on becoming more flexible through yoga.

I did my sit ups to music- 4 minutes exactly. That way I can have a comparison. It pushed me as the song neared the end.
    Cool. Well even if you only do situps, timing yourself will help.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Tuesday 10/4
    Legs.

Thursday 10/6
    Flat bench and half of a deadlift workout. I didn't eat breakfast, and had a 5 Guys for lunch...no energy, and I nearly passed out. I hate when I do that.

Saturday 10/8
    Cheat day! Hung over from Bday celebrations in NY, slept all day and it felt GREAT.

Monday 10/10
    Arms/Shoulders. Drop sets of hammer curls and shoulder presses, 5-10-15-20 reps at 35-30-25-20 lbs with a final set of 5-10-15 at 40-35-30 lbs. 100 dips.

Tuesday 10/12
    Legs/abs. Drop sets of box jumps 5-10-15 @ 40", 34", 28". 50 toes to rings.

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=5639" target="_blank">JocktheMotie</a> could one-up both of us by miles with the knees to elbows he does.
    @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=13844" target="_blank">redcheerio</a> geez you are intense. I just have my self workouts

What is this that Jock does?
    I've moved on! Knees are for chumps. All about the toes. If only I were more flexible. I can only do about 5-10 of these at a time. I've also downloaded the p90x Ab Ripper workout for Saturdays because it's come highly recommended. A weak lower back has always been an issue for me so these kinds of things always help.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Oh my lord Oswald is in beast mode! I think I want to try these though :3 They look difficult..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I've moved on! Knees are for chumps. All about the toes.
    Hey, who you callin' a chump??? Showoff.

I missed CrossFit this morning cuz I want to make sure I'm recovered from whatever is getting to me, but I feel a bit better today, so might go to the afternoon class if I feel up to it. I hate that I had to take a break just when I was showing some significant improvement.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I missed CrossFit this morning cuz I want to make sure I'm recovered from whatever is getting to me, but I feel a bit better today, so might go to the afternoon class if I feel up to it. I hate that I had to take a break just when I was showing some significant improvement.
    It's usually better to take it easy rather than try to go nuts when you're not 100%, because if you get injured you just set yourself back even more, which is extremely demoralizing. I've definitely been there.